Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

baby seat in the back

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter roles with me in the Z, she just has her booster seat in there. Never gotten stopped but then again I don't go long distance and always obey all traffic laws.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
quietkilla6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Now it seems like you're coping out..... These 2 statements are so contradictory. On the first one you're already figuring out costs between the project and insurance. You also stated that you didn't want to get neck deep into something, therefore you were considering it.

The second statement you're saying you were "only" asking if it was possible and but wouldn't have done it......

If you had no intention of doing it, why even bother asking for opinions? That's like asking the FI guys, "hey, is it a good idea to go FI?" with no real intention of doing it. WHY BOTHER?????
You know I was desperate for an option and that was more to give you an idea why I thought about this period. You know I couldn’t just say "hey I want to strap my daughter down in the back what do you guys think"? I knew I would be scrutinized if I went that route so I just wanted to explain what my mind set was. Im not saying i expected a back lash like this but when I started this post I was desperate for ideas. Throwing an idea out and pulling the trigger are two different things in the end. I mean I didn’t think HEY I WANNA GO FAST WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT SOME TURBOS? You know? I had a real problem and kind of looked into solutions in every direction. No offence but you’re really looking too far into this. I mean I like a good convo but dude i feel like your psycho analyzing myself and a question that really isn’t worth this much effort. Or if your point is to prove im stupid or and idiot or whatever, dont bother because im not.b I just asked a question before fully thinking it threw.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by quietkilla6
You know I was desperate for an option and that was more to give you an idea why I thought about this period. You know I couldn’t just say "hey I want to strap my daughter down in the back what do you guys think"? I knew I would be scrutinized if I went that route so I just wanted to explain what my mind set was. Im not saying i expected a back lash like this but when I started this post I was desperate for ideas. Throwing an idea out and pulling the trigger are two different things in the end. I mean I didn’t think HEY I WANNA GO FAST WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT SOME TURBOS? You know? I had a real problem and kind of looked into solutions in every direction. No offence but you’re really looking too far into this. I mean I like a good convo but dude i feel like your psycho analyzing myself and a question that really isn’t worth this much effort. Or if your point is to prove im stupid or and idiot or whatever, dont bother because im not.b I just asked a question before fully thinking it threw.
paragraphs next time!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:47 AM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by zand02max
paragraphs next time!
lmao sorry i didnt think it was so much
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
300zx1985

You're putting your child in jeopardy to keep a car? Buy a g35 or STI. A high performance car with 4 seats.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
killa.beez33

lol @ this thread and @ OP

wtf?! let's throw babies in teh trunk.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 AM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by 300zx1985
You're putting your child in jeopardy to keep a car? Buy a g35 or STI. A high performance car with 4 seats.
yea dude weve established that
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM
JS04

I think the main focus on everyone on here is not that you were asking if it could be done. Its the fact that........YOU THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THIS AND THEN ASKED. How does a complete logical person come up with this idea ya know. It would be like someone having a regular Z and then trying to convert it to a convertible.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
BigD2k5

sure thinking and following through are two different things and 99.9% of us strongly discourage you for the safety, well being of everyone, and financial impact of this modification. just to add one more straw to the camel's back, if you did go through with this idea and (God forbid) something bad happened and any injury/death is linked to the installation or the mere fact it was modified, you could face serious legal action from a police officer or the girl's mother at the very least. i'm sure a jury won't take that lightly and see that as negligence on your part. let that simmer and then tell us what you think.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well we all hope you finally have come to the conclusion that this is, no matter what a mechanic says, is a bad idea.

And, that you should be looking at a car, a sedan, that will accommodate your child safely.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
300zx1985

Originally Posted by quietkilla6
yea dude weve established that
then do it you fool
Old 01-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Phreakdout

OP: Tension aside, I think it was established that this is a bad idea. OK, now that it is settled, let's move on and end the bash session.

Being upsidedown in a car loan is way bad. It's a financial burden on your family and can be a source of resentment with your partner. Be very careful jumping into another car loan. Many preditory lenders will take your car loan balance and screw with you on interest rate, the value of your car versus the balance owed or the sale price of the car you're interested in. You could easily end up paying the equivalent of your current car payment stretched out a couple years more plus the whole loan amount of the new car. (In the end you don't have your Z anymore.)

Talk with the bank that carries your loan with the Z. See if they can give you an unsecured loan or additional car loan. If not, see if they can refinance your car loan or if you can move it somewhere else. Refinancing the Z to another 5 years may give you enough wiggle room to buy that used 4 door Civic and still keep the Z while paying what you are right now.

For the family car, be realistic and stay away from performance rides. You need fuel economy, low insurance rates, high saftey ratings and good reliability. go for a 4 door as I learned that a Mitsubishi Eclipse is deadly on the back when trying to remove a child from a rear facing car seat.

As for the rest of the community, come on guys. Daymn! You guys are brutal. In a way, this brutality discourages some users from posting before thinking. Unfortunately, it also discourages legitimate users from posting anything at all. (Not good.) Just keep this in mind as we want this online community to grow. Just my
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^ all kidding a side. If your good friend would of asked you this question in person what would your response be?

Mine would be "are you freakin crazy" No! It's not safe don't do it.

And, he/she proceeds to keep asking you the same question in a different manner, your response would be the same.

Common sense, is NOT common. Especially, on this topic.

Bashing is warranted, especially for the sake of the child's safety.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Major Fail Here
Old 01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Phreakdout

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by trodis
Major Fail Here
Not entirely. I just learned some new kid sitting techniques. (See below)

Originally Posted by davidv
Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The 350z is meant to be a two seater.

man up and trade in for something that will accommodate your family's safety.

hopefully you are not stupid enough to risk your own daughter's life to save a few bucks