Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOP Grade Vendor that SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
NismoZR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would call the credit card to dispute the charge. Don't take your chance, You have given them a fair enough time to resolve the problem .I had similar problem with mastergrade with my rear diffuser. They shipped me the diffuser with no mounting screws. Even with several emails to no avail so I just got tire and bought screws from home depot to mount my diffuser.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sigh, this sounds very familiar with what I went through with one of the reputable vendors here. And i think we both might have gone through the same vendor as well. Waited almost three months for my hood and still no hood. Ended up calling my CC company to file a charge back. And I was pissed at the vendor. What OP went through is not acceptable.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
quietkilla6

call em... out. who is it?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hooray more my350z.com vendor/customer drama
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
lemansz20
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, you can see how money talks with these forums. I am just amazed how they back the vendors so much, and we are the one who get the crap end. Sad sad sad.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
350z-Jason

Originally Posted by lemansz20
Honestly, you can see how money talks with these forums. I am just amazed how they back the vendors so much, and we are the one who get the crap end. Sad sad sad.
+1. you would think IB would drop a sponsor once they have had over 5 terrible transactions.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Name is needed to prevent future rip-offs!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
ZTMYDUST

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Let me start off by saying I am a CF *****, I love it so much I am on this site everyday looking for a good deal on CF parts. I am a cheap skate so I usually only buy from members but after searching forever for a specific part I decided to try out one of my350z vendors. After researching the posts I picked what I thought was the TOP vendor with feedback/sales and positive posts to buy some CF parts from before Xmas. I recieved the package and the CF was spider cracked so I returned it and all. It was confirmed delivered back on 1-13-09 via UPS. Now I understand it is not there fault it was cracked but my reason for posting is the lack of communication if any. Since 1-13 I have called the shop "not emailed or pmed but actually paid to call CA from FL" twice or more EVERY week and I have NEVER reciped a call back. Two weeks ago I got fed up and notified the local seller of the prblem and advised that I will post if nothing is done. Later that day I called the shop and I was told everything was in good order and they will ship in a day or so. Two weeks have gone by and I have called twice or more each week, everytime I am blown off saying the guy who handles this will call me back but NEVER does. To say the least I am at the end of my rope with this vendor and I need action NOW.

Do I:

1) Do nothing and continue calling and begging for some info?
2) Call them and ask them for a refund?
3) Call my credit card company and dispute the charges?
4) Post the name of the vendor to warn others how much they suck and how I was tossed aside like a ricer by the all powerfull vendor that everyone loves for some damn reason.
5) Combination of 1 - 4

Please advise what you would do, I dont want to Flame a big vendor but on the other hand if I wish I knew they where like this before I bought from them.
I might be wrong here but why did they even have you return it being damaged?

I've ordered a CF hood (not from a vendor on here or even for a Z for that matter) and when I received it, it was spider cracked on the top two corners. I called the company to state the damage and they said they will call the delivery company and declare it damaged on arrival and they said they would send out another hood as replacement.

Whatever Vendor this was should have just sent out another and claimed it DOA cause there sure a hell was insurance on it when it was shipped.
Also check on the Vendors page to see if it states that you must inspect the item for damage before signing for it. Some Company's do this and once signed there not liable.

Last edited by ZTMYDUST; 02-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
killa.beez33

Work something out with Kim Jong Ill and have him threatin them. And if he succeeds buy him some CF parts for his nukes?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Evilmexicaninus

subscribing
Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by ZTMYDUST
I might be wrong here but why did they even have you return it being damaged?

I've ordered a CF hood (not from a vendor on here or even for a Z for that matter) and when I received it, it was spider cracked on the top two corners. I called the company to state the damage and they said they will call the delivery company and declare it damaged on arrival and they said they would send out another hood as replacement.

Whatever Vendor this was should have just sent out another and claimed it DOA cause there sure a hell was insurance on it when it was shipped.
Also check on the Vendors page to see if it states that you must inspect the item for damage before signing for it. Some Company's do this and once signed there not liable.
This is the first time for me and I called the shipping company "UPS" and they picked it up for inspection the next day. Currently UPS is keeping the CF and there paying the shop back. They confirmed having the parts but claimed the stock was out and they would get it and ship me new ones and that was two weeks ago. I have called about 5 times since then and get nothing.

I am sorry everyone that is looking for as I saw posted "Vendor drama". I am just looking for guidance for myself as I am not experianced when it comes to dealing with vendors. I have never had this happen to me but I am still not going to drop names and give them another chance to justify the situation.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
A.H

I know i'm not the only one that's curious about who the vendor is....
Old 02-03-2009, 03:43 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by A.H
+1, vendors like this should definitely be called out to prevent future failed transactions like this one

Good luck to you OP!! I hope you get this resolved soon
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 AM
AstroZombie

Originally Posted by A.H

+1 I am looking to buy a bunch of CF very very soon... Please post the name of the vendor so others dont get screwed
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 AM
AstroZombie

I am still not going to drop names and give them another chance to justify the situation.

Not saying you have to start "vendor drama" but if this is showstoppers which I too thought highly of but after hearing about some bad news like PM's not being answered, calls not returned.... sounds just like your story. seriously, do the right thing and say who the vendor is then we can stop assuming.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by AstroZombie
Not saying you have to start "vendor drama" but if this is showstoppers which I too thought highly of but after hearing about some bad news like PM's not being answered, calls not returned.... sounds just like your story. seriously, do the right thing and say who the vendor is then we can stop assuming.

I am sorry but I am not going to drop names at this point in hopes to get this resolved.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 AM
calin
Banned

I am sorry but I am not going to drop names at this point in hopes to get this resolved.
Well then hopefully whoever the vendor is sees this thread and decides to do something about your problem. Good luck
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Done Deal DR

Honestly I am not upset about the parts not being shipped, I am just mad that I call them twice or more in CA and they allways put me on hold just to come back and tell me they will have to call me back. Most dont even ask for my number before hanging up and out of the 50 long distance calls I made to CA I have YET to get a call from CA.
And that's what I figured and I'd feel the same way! I say give it 1-2 weeks for the vendor to try to get everything taken care of AND contact you with the status. If you haven't at least been contacted telling you the situation in that time span then some actions on your side may be needed (options from your original post).

Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 AM
drewk

WTF!!! How did I know before opening this thread it was going to be about Showstoppers.... THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I ordered a CF hatch and I received it about a month ago and it was spider cracked. I am still waiting for showstoppers to send someone to pick it up and send me a new one.
Wait... this IS about showstoppers right? Dude honestly, I think you should say who the vendor is. Think about how many people (including myself) are in your shoes and are going to be in your shoes in the future. You should make it known... its the right thing to do. Protect your 350z comrads.

Last edited by drewk; 02-03-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: bada bing
Old 02-03-2009, 07:19 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by drewk
WTF!!! How did I know before opening this thread it was going to be about Showstoppers.... THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I ordered a CF hatch and I received it about a month ago and it was spider cracked. I am still waiting for showstoppers to send someone to pick it up and send me a new one.
Wait... this IS about showstoppers right? Dude honestly, I think you should say who the vendor is. Think about how many people (including myself) are in your shoes and are going to be in your shoes in the future. You should make it known... its the right thing to do. Protect your 350z comrads.
Sorry, the vendor has noticed the thread and thanked me for not dropping names at this point. They are going to work with me and I will give it another week or two before dropping any names. Mostly created this for insight as what to do as it seems many have traveled this path before. Thanks for everyones support but I am sorry I will have to wait before droping vendor names and making enemy's. Thanks for your understanding.

Quick Reply: TOP Grade Vendor that SUCKS!