Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM v1 Nismo Rear Wing, authentic vs replica?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
NISMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM v1 Nismo Rear Wing, authentic vs replica?

I am interested in a JDM nismo v1 rear wing for my car. I'm still on the fence about this. But I would like to know how I can tell an authentic v1 wing from a replica? Is there a serial number on the bottom of the base plate or something else? I supposedly found a used authentic v1, but I don't want to scammed or tricked into buying a used replica.

But if I do go the replica route...what are the best fitting brands/vendors? I'm wanting mine fully painted to match my car...so I guess the Evo-R or Seibons are out of the question...carbon fiber usually doesn't look too good with paint over it.

I want the wing to touch the hatch evenly on both sides. I see a lot of them that only touch on one side. Or some that have a gap on the front of the base plate (near the bottom of the rear glass).

What is the best replica...period. I post photos if you can please.

I normally use the search feature a lot...I'm know for digging up threads that are YEARS old, but this time I had to start a new one.

Thanks for your help
Attached Thumbnails JDM v1 Nismo Rear Wing, authentic vs replica?-350z_nismo_10.jpg   JDM v1 Nismo Rear Wing, authentic vs replica?-350z_nismo_12.jpg   JDM v1 Nismo Rear Wing, authentic vs replica?-350z_nismo_11.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the nismo wing generally has alot more space from the wing tips to the actual hatch. but at the same time there are many replicas that are aesthetically perfect to the nismo that are more cost efficient
Old 02-20-2009, 01:24 PM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by bbs350z
the nismo wing generally has alot more space from the wing tips to the actual hatch. but at the same time there are many replicas that are aesthetically perfect to the nismo that are more cost efficient
Do you own one or recommend any of the replicas? I know the USDM wing doesn't come anywhere near touching...blah for the look I'm going for.

I used to not even like this wing until recently...but I can really see how it flows with the rest of the kit that I have.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs350z
I bought a USDM authentic nismo spoiler for around 200$. I bought it from another member here, but he left his receipt on the box and he paid similar from a US company..

sorry I can't remember the specific company, but it's not overly expensive to get authentic.

what was already said.. generally, there is a lil bit of a gap between the hatch and the tips on authentic ones, replicas tend to hit the hatch or even push against it.. I had to return a replica because of that.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by Entaille
I bought a USDM authentic nismo spoiler for around 200$. I bought it from another member here, but he left his receipt on the box and he paid similar from a US company..

sorry I can't remember the specific company, but it's not overly expensive to get authentic.

what was already said.. generally, there is a lil bit of a gap between the hatch and the tips on authentic ones, replicas tend to hit the hatch or even push against it.. I had to return a replica because of that.
Yeah, thats USDM though....definitely not the look that I want. I have a JDM kit, so I would only want a JDM wing for the car if I went this route.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the JDM one a little lower profile than the USDM?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 PM
NISMOFO

Bump...any leads on where I can find an authentic JDM wing or a REALLY good replica?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What about Evo-R?

I just visited their website, it looks like they carry a replica JDM-style V1.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by waizzz
What about Evo-R?

I just visited their website, it looks like they carry a replica JDM-style V1.
I was considering them, but I would like mine fully painted. I have heard painting CF is not such a great idea because you can see it's lines under the paint. Any comments?

I definitely want a wing where the tips touch the hatch...no gaps. The pics of the EVO-R that I have seen shows gaps.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
Is the JDM one a little lower profile than the USDM?
Any answers? Are there any differences?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by Spork
Any answers? Are there any differences?
I think the USDM wing sits lower but both the wing and the base plate appear to be thicker. So I think the JDM both sits higher and is thinner.

Is EVO-R still a vendor on here? I saw their site, but they did not have this exact wing on there....it was a modified version where the base plate is open.

I am also hearing that the tips touching the hatch might depend on the installation?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it even possible to get an authentic JDM Nismo V1 wing? I thought they stopped making those a long time ago and were very rarely imported..

EDIT: oh you have a used one.. go for it.. it's rare.. tips touch depending on how far back you install it on trunk..

mine doesn't touch on one side because i had to maneouver it to cover holes from the OEM wing I had on there frmm factory..

Last edited by leemik; 06-24-2009 at 11:53 AM.