Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I miss driving the Z (help me with this vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
ev0k1ll3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss driving the Z (help me with this vendor)

Weather has been so great the past week (Z weather) but, i haven't been able to drive it for over a month now . The hood was really damaged from an accident so i removed it thinking a new one was on the way. i ordered a hood and hatch from vendor on this site on March 30 2009. I do not wish to post the name of the vendor. I was told that it would take about 2 weeks to get the part and packed to ship. I agreed that this is acceptable and I agreed to order. 2 weeks comes by and I am told that it is being packed up to be shipped and that I should be getting a tracking number soon. The following monday, no tracking number. I try to call him but no answer. This goes on for a couple days until i pm him and then i am told that there is a conflict with his carrier and they are refusing to deliver. He tells me that he will take care of it. Week after week there seems to be a new excuse and no results. I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but, the more excuses I hear and the more times I reach his voicemail, the more I am convinced that I am being ripped off. He seems to be a great guy and from what I read on the forums, I had the impression he would be a reliable vendor. I am not posting this to attempt to bring attention to this vendor. The vendor knows who I am and I am just hoping this will finally get me the customer service i should have gotten weeks ago. So its been almost 40 days since i ordered and 35 days since he has had my money and all i have is his word that my hood and hatch are on the way. At least thats what i was told last week but i have still not received a shipping number. I am only 2 states away so it should be here by now. Really I am just getting tired of waiting and hearing excuses with no results. *phew

In your opinion, does this seem like a scam or am I just overreacting? If the vendor had an issue with the carrier, wouldn't the right thing to do is to take it to another carrier to deliver the product ASAP. I don't think it should take 3 weeks to deliver a hood and hatch across 2 states.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

TTT for justice!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds all too familiar. Your post is without cause if you won't disclose the vender's name. It's been more than a month and they have your money and you can not drive your car.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
ev0k1ll3r

Originally Posted by huyrua
Sounds all too familiar. Your post is without cause if you won't disclose the vender's name. It's been more than a month and they have your money and you can not drive your car.
I know this but, even now i still want to give him the benefit of the doubt. A part of me just wants this all to be just a misunderstanding and that this vender really is a good guy (I know I am a pushover). Really though, if i don't have real confirmation that my stuff is on the way from the carrier(not the vendor) by monday, I am just going to ask for a refund or dispute with my CC.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
ev0k1ll3r

I just learned info from another member that may prove that the vendor has been lying to me about having the part this whole time I've been waiting. Still waiting for the vendor to pm me and explain everything. No more lies!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 PM
aarantes

I would think with the economy the way it is vendors would be all over having loyal costumers/good word of mouth but I swear I see this kind of thread at least 3 times a week....

GL op
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
na_350z

That sucks bro... I don't agree about not giving the vendors name out though. There's no way of knowing if we make a purchase if we are going to go thru the same problem know what I mean. But you're entitled to not provide that information just hope no one else falls victim to the same situation.

Hope everything works our bro.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop being so soft!! Post their name and demand they act!! You were lied to about having an item in stock and a possible delivery time.. This is inexcusable!!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
ev0k1ll3r

My intention of posting this thread was not to bash the vendor. It's just more of a last chance of redemption for the vendor. If he doesn't fix things promptly (by tomorrow) I will post the name to warn everyone of the horrible customer service or lack thereof i received from ________ Either his phone is broken or he is blowing me off. I am leaning towards the latter at this point.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

grow some ***** and put the vendor on blast. it will bring caution to the next consumer. unless you'd like this scam to continue to others. you know what is the right thing to do... help out the community
Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
ev0k1ll3r

Originally Posted by nismo_nate
grow some ***** and put the vendor on blast. it will bring caution to the next consumer. unless you'd like this scam to continue to others. you know what is the right thing to do... help out the community
Don't worry I got *****! I just not going to ruin a vendors name until I am sure that he is a scammer. Trust me, if this all turns out to be a scam, there will be no discretion. Vendor contacted me today and attempted to clarify some issues. At this point there should be no more problems and no more excuses. My cc bill is due on wednesday so I am giving him until monday to get me a tracking number. If at that point I am still in the dark, there will be a fraud dispute with my CC company.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Mapleleaf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start doing what you can to get your money back.... Call the CC start the dispute procedure , that should get his motor running.It doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:54 AM
TSG-Z

I think you should post the vendor name whether a scam or not, his customer service shouldn't be tolerated!

GO
Old 05-08-2009, 08:10 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with everyone here. His actions and horrible customer service should be clearly told to everyone on this forum. This vendors is well aware of his actions and seen/sees an opportunity to put you on the back burner while he attends to other (important) customers.

This vendor must be here in California and probably in L.A. were I live. I could think of a few vendors that have done this to others, but don’t want to speculate. Name, names homie. I don’t want to do business with these local vendors if they treat members this way!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's sad when a customer puts more care into a vendor's reputation than the vendor themselves do.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

in for names....since this is no way a vendor should react to customers
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 AM
fart_canon

is it MASTERGRADE by any chance?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds just like a vendor that used to be on this forum. I have read many a thread about him. Maybe he's back under a new name?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

im sure itll work it. ive had issues before just like any other vendor. were not here to take anyones money and have them not get anything in return. just sometimes on our end we make mistakes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

funny...

someone orders from vendor A has problems, so he goes to vendor B who kinda talks trash about vendor A.

that someone talks to someone who had problems with vendor B and went to vendor A who kinda talks trash about vendor B

Quick Reply: I miss driving the Z (help me with this vendor)