Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New grill from Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 05:03 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Birthday, Jim! And Marilyn looks great with her new grille.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:20 AM
yellowandfast

Happy B-Day! Nice grille.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:17 PM
zunzet

What are you using for paint dressing? Nice shine!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:30 PM
JPizzle

Originally posted by zunzet
What are you using for paint dressing? Nice shine!
Most likely, zaino....
Old 09-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Stone Z

Question

What type of camera are you using to take these pictures? Your photos are always top notch!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:01 PM
JPizzle

remember in his post he did freelance photography? I would presume that he has a camera over $1k
Old 09-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Stone Z
What type of camera are you using to take these pictures? Your photos are always top notch!
I believe it was an Olympus (E20 maybe ?). How did I do Jim? Appears that you are back to your old self. Congratulations! BTW the grill really looks great.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:51 PM
JimH

Default Camera, etc.

Well done on the camera guess! Yes, I am an Olympus user. I shoot the E-20, a pair of E-10's and the E100RS.

Thanks all for the birthday greetings. Makes it a little easier to accept that I am a year older and just that much closer to the day that my wife sez "the Z will have to go when you can no longer get in/out of it without help" He, he, he! Going to be a long time before that happens! In fact, I have a plan in place that will enable me to sleep in Marilyn when I can no longer get out of her on my own. Not yet figured out all the plumbing needs yet, but I'm working on it!

I have a guy detail my Z whenever I am in town long enough and I will have to ask him what he uses on Marilyn. I'll let you know, but the Arizona sunlight has a lot to do with how Marilyn looks.

Marilyn likes to get out and watch the sunset here in Arizona and so I took her out to her favorite place and grabbed a few shots while she watched the mountains change color. She is such a willing model! Regards, Jim

Originally posted by Anyone2u
I believe it was an Olympus (E20 maybe ?). How did I do Jim? Appears that you are back to your old self. Congratulations! BTW the grill really looks great.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:42 AM
pimp1911

Happy Bday Jim. Keep livin man. You are living what few of us mostly dream of. Freedom from corporate America.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:28 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Birthday!!

More pics please!!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:03 AM
JimH

Default Pix

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Happy Birthday!!

Being that you are the Super Admin., I guess I have no choice but to obey your pic request!
Here's one contrasting the newest, latest form of transportation with the oldest conveyance.

More pics please!!
Attached Thumbnails New grill from Nissan-new-and-old.jpg  
Old 09-27-2003, 11:01 AM
JPizzle

Default Re: Camera, etc.

Originally posted by JimH
Well done on the camera guess! Yes, I am an Olympus user. I shoot the E-20, a pair of E-10's and the E100RS.

Thanks all for the birthday greetings. Makes it a little easier to accept that I am a year older and just that much closer to the day that my wife sez "the Z will have to go when you can no longer get in/out of it without help" He, he, he! Going to be a long time before that happens! In fact, I have a plan in place that will enable me to sleep in Marilyn when I can no longer get out of her on my own. Not yet figured out all the plumbing needs yet, but I'm working on it!
you can fit an air mattress in the trunk
Old 09-27-2003, 12:35 PM
SungNamZ

Default Re: Pix

Jim,

Was lucky just to be able to post the front portion of my "Billet Grill" for Courtesyparts.com. A lot of cropping to get it down to what my350Z.com would accept. Speaking of Olympus, I have a D-510 I am using. What is the secret to getting full vehicle downloaded. Could also use a Minolta "Maxxum" 7000. Help!
Old 09-27-2003, 12:47 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Happy Birthday Jim! Keep living the life and supplying us with those inspirational photos of yours! Good luck to Marilyn too!
Old 09-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Zay

Happy B-Day Jim! I must say you are an inspiration; retired and doing what you enjoy! Although I have a long time before I can retire, when I do however I want it to be as enjoyable as yours. Enjoy the ride my friend!

BTW - It only seems fitting that your license plate would read "Marilyn" (probably taken though).
Old 09-27-2003, 04:56 PM
JPizzle

Zay, if his license plate read, "marilyn" it would make people think that it was a woman driving...
Old 09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
JimH

Default Re: Re: Camera, etc.

He, he! Yup, a decent air mattress and maybe a bedpan (remember my age!) and I could make it! Regards, Jim

Originally posted by JPizzle
you can fit an air mattress in the trunk
Old 09-28-2003, 12:11 AM
ATC Ken

Default Re: Okay, let explain a few things (long)

Complaints? A few, the feathering issue never quite went away, but the replacement Nitto's have almost 24,000 on them and look as tho they will go to 35-38k+ easily. This compared to the OEM B-stones that were shot @ 11k. I rec'd the new amp and a pair of front tires from Nissan w/o too much of a hassle earlier on. The grease streaks? They belong to me! There is no way I will let a tech tear into my doors and window mechanisms. Too many horror stories to go there.

Someone asked if Marilyn had a clear bra. Yes, she does. It was probably the best investment I ever made for Marilyn as you can see by the paint after nearly 40k! I have a friend w/a Redline and you ought to see his paint chip off! We finally decided that the Redline is a two stage paint and Marilyn has three stage paint and that (we think) makes the difference.

Regards, Jim
Jim,

Nissan has already replaced my Bridgestone tires (fronts) due to feathering but I plan on buying completely different tires next go round. What brand did you say you replaced your Bridgestones with? Sounds like you've gotten your money's worth out of your replacements.

I also put a clear bra on the front of my Z early on and have been very pleased. Just over 10,000 miles for me and the most I've gotten are a few small "cuts" on the clear bra from the crappy Houston freeways I drive on every day, but...I've seen many large pebbles bounce off of the front of my car with no effect whatsoever. Without the clear bra, the front of my Z would be ding city!

Your car's longevity report is encouraging for all of us behind you in the mileage department.

Ken
Old 09-28-2003, 12:17 AM
JimH

Default Tires

Ken,
I went with Nitto 555 Extremes and I am pretty sure they will come very close to 40,000 miles of wear. As I stated earlier, I have about 24,000 on them and they look pretty good.
Yes on the clear bra! Between the Eibachs and the clear bra, I am not sure which addition was the best investment, but I lean toward the bra. Regards, Jim (Lovin' the extended warranty security @ 40k!)
Old 09-28-2003, 04:24 AM
mrice
Banned

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
Hey, Jim, the "tow" hook is not for towing! Check your manual.

Very cool looking grill.
what is the tow hook for then?

Quick Reply: New grill from Nissan