Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY on nismo trunk spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 AM
red350zzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY on nismo trunk spoiler

hi does anyone have a diy on how to install the nismo trunk spoiler, do u have to drill holes into the trunk and if so are the hole marked on the other side of the trunk or it just held down by 3m double side tape thanx
Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
bluelineshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright... first thing... if you're removing an OEM spoiler from your car to put the NISMO on, the hardest part will be getting that damn thing un-stuck. That double stick 3M stuff is super tough. There are two screws/push-pins holding that stock spoiler down. The NISMO spoiler I have (a knock-off, not a real NISMO brand name) had 6 holes for screws - none of them matched the existing holes. I didn't want to drill six new holes in my trunk so I filled the old holes with puddy (it doesn't have to be purdy, you're covering them). I drilled two holes, figuring that would be just fine remembering how well that tape works. Lining up the holes is a crucial step... you can't be too cautious. If you miss by a bit, you blow the whole hole and must fill and select either a different mounting location or skip that screw. I wish I had pics to post... sorry. Anyway, it wasn't that bad. Just an hour and common sense.