Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 05:16 AM
themadhatterxxx

Default Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?

Has this become the flavor of the week in terms of mods justifiable to the Z? Just wondering... I mean I want to buy a set of 06+ headlights and have them modded but some of the stuff popping up in here lately is just... ....How about get a bodykit or set of wheels and a drop before you go out pimping your car with these crazy neon lights everywhere? Whats even more alarming is the fact that people aren't getting flamed for it anymore...way to cheapen the look of your car. I'm glad I debadged mine so I don't get associated with this hilarity.
Old 09-01-2009 | 05:28 AM
krono

seems like you had your cup of hater juice this morning. . .

cry more about what others are doing to their car please.
Old 09-01-2009 | 05:44 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by krono
seems like you had your cup of hater juice this morning. . .

cry more about what others are doing to their car please.

I have a set of color changing Z fender emblems you may be interested in!

Cry some more about what others say about what others do to their cars?

Relax, everything here is open to opinions and discussion, just from reading countless threads the past 3 years most of the old schoolers here would ROFL and flame at the need for speed body lights. I posted my car some loved it some hated it. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 09-01-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2009 | 06:23 AM
lgear080

led's are the new neons. been thur before. boring.
Old 09-01-2009 | 06:27 AM
redman333

I actually like the led mods done to most of the cars. I haven't seen anything that looked cheap. Most of the people aren't using crazy colors or anything. I redid all my interior leds to red to match my defi guages and anybody other than a z owner has no idea I even changed them, they look factory.
Old 09-01-2009 | 06:28 AM
cruz106

Default Mods

As the price of the Z has dropped combined and the sheer volume of mods available for our cars continue to increase, we have people entering the Z market that are from a different age group and different income. I personally like them clean and simple but everyone has their own opinion of what they like. When I first joined this board if it wasn't JDM then you were violently flamed. Times have changed. What is amusing is the lack of willingness to accept that everyone's opinion is different.
Old 09-01-2009 | 08:02 AM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

I say to each his own.

Some of those LED configurations are pretty cool, but people need to learn to stop looking at the pre-painted lights from Ebay, those are just garbage.
Old 09-01-2009 | 08:03 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697
Premier Member

Originally Posted by cruz106
As the price of the Z has dropped combined and the sheer volume of mods available for our cars continue to increase, we have people entering the Z market that are from a different age group and different income. I personally like them clean and simple but everyone has their own opinion of what they like. When I first joined this board if it wasn't JDM then you were violently flamed. Times have changed. What is amusing is the lack of willingness to accept that everyone's opinion is different.
this forum is better than most others..trust me
Old 09-01-2009 | 09:20 AM
krono

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
So true. i cant even find a a relevant piece of information about our cars anywhere but here.

To the OP sorry not trying to put you down but this post seemed and im pretty sure is just a random rant. to be honest almost every car on here and every mod ive seen people do i think is nice, just because its not what i would do doesnt mean it looks bad like some others are so quick to throw out there. there is a difference between what someone doesnt like and what someone wouldnt do which i think alot of people on here seem to not be able to differentiate.

I got love for everyone OP, i was just laughign at the post cause i had just been looking at the led mods thinking "damn i want to do that" and your post came up lol.

Last edited by krono; 09-01-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2009 | 09:41 AM
lgear080

I did like that led cluster mod from a while back. labor intensive, but the results were
awesome.
Old 09-02-2009 | 07:10 AM
JMSpeed

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
In it's helpful feedback, maybe. But for each positive post there are 10 negative haters/trolls/jackasses who have nothing better to do than get online and bash people they don't even know.

Funny thing is... the newcomers, the people assumed to be younger and less mature from vague analysis, aren't the ones trolling. They are the ones requesting feedback, albeit redundantly since most of the information is out there, and immediately get attacked because the my350z cliques want to flex some blind authority.

It's ridiculous. But, since I hate haters, I guess I'm no different. A lot of useful information comes from them regardless. The good comes with the bad.

Back to topic... I personally don't like LED mods unless it enhances a feature. They otherwise look tacky and cheap. I prefer most of the car's characteristics to remain stock, with exception of the red-eye mod.
Old 09-02-2009 | 07:55 AM
lilleo

Originally Posted by JMSpeed
In it's helpful feedback, maybe. But for each positive post there are 10 negative haters/trolls/jackasses who have nothing better to do than get online and bash people they don't even know.

Funny thing is... the newcomers, the people assumed to be younger and less mature from vague analysis, aren't the ones trolling. They are the ones requesting feedback, albeit redundantly since most of the information is out there, and immediately get attacked because the my350z cliques want to flex some blind authority.

It's ridiculous. But, since I hate haters, I guess I'm no different. A lot of useful information comes from them regardless. The good comes with the bad.

Back to topic... I personally don't like LED mods unless it enhances a feature. They otherwise look tacky and cheap. I prefer most of the car's characteristics to remain stock, with exception of the red-eye mod.
I agree 100% with this comment. I am 23 out of college and always wanted a Z but couldn't really afford it. Now I have a good job and finally bought my 0 miles 2008. The past few months every time I express my opinion on a thread looking for some feedback I get attacked. W/E I take the good with the bad and try not to go down to the level of the haters. LoL I bet I’ll get some for this post also.
Old 09-02-2009 | 09:42 AM
derek173

Get used to it, the car is now affordable to 18 year old ricers.

Last edited by derek173; 09-02-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2009 | 10:47 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I guess I'm a super ricer then, I have modded headlights and the LED conversion. Before you think this has to do with the price of the car dropping, please consider it was ~$3K for these mods. They are more for exclusivity than anything else.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?-dsc03987.jpg Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?-dsc03989.jpg Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?-dsc03984.jpg

Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?-dsc04365.jpg Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?-dsc04363.jpg

Don't worry about the haters guys, we were all noobs once and all went through it at some point, you just may want to tread VERY lightly in the F/I section.

Last edited by Cass007; 09-02-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2009 | 03:14 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by Cass007
I guess I'm a super ricer then, I have modded headlights and the LED conversion. Before you think this has to do with the price of the car dropping, please consider it was ~$3K for these mods. They are more for exclusivity than anything else.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSHqRcvNlo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachment 257016 Attachment 257017 Attachment 257018

Attachment 257019 Attachment 257020

Don't worry about the haters guys, we were all noobs once and all went through it at some point, you just may want to tread VERY lightly in the F/I section.
You threw away 3 grand in LED's and light bulbs to turn a classy looking car into a 24/7 rolling X-Mas tree??

quote:
please consider it was ~$3K for these mods. They are more for exclusivity than anything else.

What is so exclusive about cheesy rice?

Last edited by Chad68; 09-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2009 | 08:22 PM
derek173

Originally Posted by Cass007

and they didn't even retrofit better projectors

Last edited by derek173; 09-02-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2009 | 09:41 PM
IsDatIt

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Has this become the flavor of the week in terms of mods justifiable to the Z? Just wondering... I mean I want to buy a set of 06+ headlights and have them modded but some of the stuff popping up in here lately is just... ....How about get a bodykit or set of wheels and a drop before you go out pimping your car with these crazy neon lights everywhere? Whats even more alarming is the fact that people aren't getting flamed for it anymore...way to cheapen the look of your car. I'm glad I debadged mine so I don't get associated with this hilarity.

You made yourself look like one!
Old 09-02-2009 | 09:43 PM
lbz

I did my interior LED conversion because it was fun, cheap and I'd not seen it done in any of the GTG's I had been to.
Old 09-02-2009 | 10:52 PM
350zfun19

Originally Posted by Chad68
You threw away 3 grand in LED's and light bulbs to turn a classy looking car into a 24/7 rolling X-Mas tree??
lol! what a complete waste.
Old 09-02-2009 | 11:41 PM
DATruth

WOW !!! 3 grand on that. I would say that this is an example of what the OP is referring to.

Exclusivity? An Audi R8 has some exclusivity. I think it was that car that started the fascination with the LEDs. That just looks like a headlight with some movie-theater rope light and an old Christmas light blue bulb from the dollar store on a Japanese car. Now that is some exclusivity!

Quick Reply: Whats with the influx of all these LED/light mods?