Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems fittings ings +1 rear bumper :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM
NightRider88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems fittings ings +1 rear bumper :(

So I just recived my ings rear bumper from m1 autosports went and took off my stock bumper. but then when I went to put ings rear on the blinkers did not fit and there no way to mount the latch realse switch and license plate lights.. The oem bracket for these does not fit so I'm stuck any help?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 AM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it a replica? if it is, than you gotta take it to a body shop so they can play with the fitment... or is it fiberglass? fiberglass doesn't stop curing right away, it can actually take a pretty long time to cure, like weeks or even months...(say you get it painted and fitted right on the car, by next year the whole thing can be warped...) GL
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like replica..you can either pay a shop to make it fit by altering the bumper or send it back and get a refund...you arent the first to have issues with m1 or employees that had parts from M1 and left the company.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:12 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Did you get from M1 or Auto Infantry?

My INGS+1 is being delivered today from Auto Infantry, i hope i do not have this same problem....
Old 10-27-2009, 07:39 AM
NightRider88

Yea I did
Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ

My INGS+1 is being delivered today from Auto Infantry, i hope i do not have this same problem....
I wouldnt worry about A-Infantry unless you got do luck...Whoever does the molds for them with that kit blows. Just like a lot of companies they want quantity over qaulity so fitment inspection isnt always on the top of the list.

I would honestly just stay the F! away from replica in general to be honest. Fitment can always be a problem but there are also other underlying issues. The material is paper thin, already fractured, or there are actual bubbles inside of the mold it self...I was lucky enough to have all 3 of them happen to me.

Last edited by zerafian; 10-27-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys are gettings the Ings+1 replicas sold my M1 or Auto Inf., they are ViS replicas, then you aren't going to be able to just plug and play. The reverse lights, latch release switch, license plate lights, and license plate brackets will all need to be put on at a body shop. The mounts for the reverse lights need to be altered to fit the lights themselves. This is quite typical, but the Ings+1 kit I got from M1 Auto has near perfect fitment otherwise.

There is a reason why most body modifications come with a label, sticker, etc. that says "Professional Installation Required.", "Must be installed by a professional body shop.", etc., etc.

Last edited by Hexxus; 10-27-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

FYI even my authentic ings+1 requires a body shop to make it fit 100%
Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
xthejokerx

VIS sells crap kits. The rear signal lights are not going to fit 100% properly. There will be a gap no matter how hard the bodyshop tries to fix this. Personal experience.

Oops didnt read above post.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 PM
xthejokerx

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ

M1 gets it from VIS, Autoinfantry gets it from VIS, i dont see a difference?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

As with all replicas its hit or miss, ings+1 replicas are just a lot more miss from my experience regardless of who manufactured them.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Hexxus
If you guys are gettings the Ings+1 replicas sold my M1 or Auto Inf., they are ViS replicas, then you aren't going to be able to just plug and play. The reverse lights, latch release switch, license plate lights, and license plate brackets will all need to be put on at a body shop. The mounts for the reverse lights need to be altered to fit the lights themselves. This is quite typical, but the Ings+1 kit I got from M1 Auto has near perfect fitment otherwise.

There is a reason why most body modifications come with a label, sticker, etc. that says "Professional Installation Required.", "Must be installed by a professional body shop.", etc., etc.

Know this.....

My worry was not if it was off, but by how much it was off....

And of course im taking it to a body shop....

I recieved kit days ago and test fitted myself, and you are right about the fittment being almost perfect.

Holes dont line up EXACT, but entire rear is perfectly flush with body, with a slight overhang on hatch by about 2-3mm. Exhaust ports line perfectly.

Havent fitted sides yet, just saying *** it and taking it in to bodyshop today.

Material is not thin.... No pinholes found as of yet.

Overall, very pleased with the VIS replica, Auto Infantry, and Peter's honesty about the fittment. Will continue to get all my future replica's from them.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by zerafian
I wouldnt worry about A-Infantry unless you got do luck...Whoever does the molds for them with that kit blows. Just like a lot of companies they want quantity over qaulity so fitment inspection isnt always on the top of the list.

I would honestly just stay the F! away from replica in general to be honest. Fitment can always be a problem but there are also other underlying issues. The material is paper thin, already fractured, or there are actual bubbles inside of the mold it self...I was lucky enough to have all 3 of them happen to me.
Ya...Auto I. told me about the DoLuck's fittment issues.