Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car getting wrapped... Need roof ideas...

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
H22toVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I think it turned out very well... It was exhausting but worth it. RotchCrocket... The material I used is self-adhesive and 3M stuff is too. There really isn't a way to add adhesive to the vinyl other than if it lifts... add superglue. Kinda makes it permanent though... Most of the reason vinyl doesn't stick well is prep. Make sure the surface is clean, not waxed (the ONLY time I would wash my car with dawn dishwashing liquid) and then do a final cleaning with rubbing alcohol right before application.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
zaperroni

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
Hey man,
I was curious if you used the same stuff to do your roof as the guys doing the interior pieces?! Also, did you apply it the same way as the interior pieces? I think this looks so badass but I know some guys were having issues with the pieces lifting during the summer months so they used stronger glue. Stronger glue is great and all, but how will that affect the paint?
i used 3m di-noc vinyl. idk what the other people used lol. and it's very easy to apply. as for it peeling in the summer months, i wouldnt know because i just put it on in the dead if winter but i heard it holds well.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3m dinoc your entire car!! BTW your hood has bubbles in the vents, at least it looks like it (terrible )
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by zaperroni
i used 3m di-noc vinyl. idk what the other people used lol. and it's very easy to apply. as for it peeling in the summer months, i wouldnt know because i just put it on in the dead if winter but i heard it holds well.
I've been doing some research on this stuff and it definitely seems pretty nice. What type of finish is it though? Is it simply a printed/smooth finish?! I think I read it's textured but I wasn't sure...

Also, where did you buy your's from and what size did you get to do the whole roof? Thanks for your time!

Edit: Just saw on this site http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/ that it is textured. Also says they have a 4 year outdoor (3 year desert) warranty?! I'm impressed... still curious on what size I would need though.

Last edited by rotchcrocket04; 03-26-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 AM
zaperroni

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
I've been doing some research on this stuff and it definitely seems pretty nice. What type of finish is it though? Is it simply a printed/smooth finish?! I think I read it's textured but I wasn't sure...

Also, where did you buy your's from and what size did you get to do the whole roof? Thanks for your time!

Edit: Just saw on this site http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/ that it is textured. Also says they have a 4 year outdoor (3 year desert) warranty?! I'm impressed... still curious on what size I would need though.
I got mine from this site where it is cheapest per sq. foot but you need to buy larger quantities:

http://idsfinishes.com/shop/#ecwid:c...=0&sort=normal

If you want less you can go here but it is more expensive:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

And prob 4'x4' was enough for the roof lol i didnt measure how much i used but the 48" wide roll was a perfect width for the roof.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:43 PM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by zaperroni
I got mine from this site where it is cheapest per sq. foot but you need to buy larger quantities:

http://idsfinishes.com/shop/#ecwid:c...=0&sort=normal

If you want less you can go here but it is more expensive:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

And prob 4'x4' was enough for the roof lol i didnt measure how much i used but the 48" wide roll was a perfect width for the roof.
Cool man, thank you for the information!! I ended up buying a small roll of it to see how I liked it. Planning on wrapping my netbook and if I like it - I'll buy the roll for my roof.

Thanks again!!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H22toVQ
Wanting to keep blue in the design and keep it something that looked airbrushed... I decided to go a different direction all together... Graffiti! Here is the design that's printed. A little crazy but it's something that will easily advertise what all we can do with wraps. Also it's blue... so I can keep my Ray's Lugs...

this looks like something you'd put on a lowrider with 24's....
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 AM
H22toVQ

I felt it was more like something you may see at a skatepark... Either way it will change about every two weeks. It's just vinyl. I'm not married to it.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Afflicted Z

for the rear strut bracing did u just print out the design on vinyl and cut to fit? looking at doing the gun show pattern in black on white for the rear strut and also the section starting with the 3 gauges following down past navi and end at shift ****.