Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car getting wrapped... Need roof ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 AM
H22toVQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car getting wrapped... Need roof ideas...

Ok guys. First off I want to say that I know that some people love the idea of a flat black car... some of you hate it. HOWEVER, I work for a vinyl shop and they are wanting to somewhat "sponsor" me in having a vinyl wrap applied to my car. Being that I'm not really into crazy designs... I don't really want to do anything too terribly over the top with design and a general gloss color to gloss color change isn't that exciting to me. It'd be too easy to overlook... This has kind of led me to flat black. Its simple but different. The only thing is I also want to show off some of our design talents by doing the roof in something glossy and somewhat different. I'd also be pin striping the wheels with the same color/design as the roof. I'm basically trying to see what you guys would put on the roof if you had the oppritunity to do something like this. Also, I will be doing a DIY for vinyl wraps for the boards for people interested in trying this theirselves . A few of the ideas I've had have been urban camo, an under construction file I designed (my personal fave), the Rogue status gun show (becasue it's popular right now), a war file I've messed with, or just leave the roof gloss black and do a matte cut vinyl design into it. Just seeing what everyone might think would be the most noticable. I'll be posting updates as they happen. Hopefully going to start on this in the next week or two but will be printing the roof in the next 2-3 days. Thanks!

Car right now...

Under Construction

War

Gun Show

Urban Camo
Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
MTB350z

your car looks great as it is, but id say just leave the roof gloss black and do a matte cut vinyl design into it. however the war print is nice work!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MTB350z
your car looks great as it is, but id say just leave the roof gloss black and do a matte cut vinyl design into it. however the war print is nice work!
I agree
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM
cliffrlp

Hey man, I've been wanting to do this too...just change it up but not permanent. I'm in Gainesville, Fl...let me know how this turns out!! Maybe a price point if possible??

I think the roof would look cool w/ different shades of grey for the urban camo, and less of the white and silver.

Thanks!

Last edited by cliffrlp; 01-24-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
H22toVQ

Yeah man! I'll figure up a price for ya. You just wanting the roof done? I was actually just in Gainesville today at the Import Faceoff show! When I get it done I'd be happy to meet up with you and let you see it in person. I'm gonna try to keep this thread updated with pics as I do things with this project.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blue and black camo roof top...my roof is just black gloss
Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Pete5150

Since people are on the camo-kick. How about digital camo?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 AM
H22toVQ

That's what I was thinking... since the idea is to sell wraps I might go with something that is popular... I've thought about some blue and black camo and digital looks cool
Old 01-25-2010, 04:57 AM
cliffrlp

Nope already got my roof done in black. I just want to do the whole car...
Yea I wanted to go to import faceoff but way to much football to watch! lol

But I'd love to see it when it's done, let me know!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:25 AM
yusoslo

gloss black with matte black gun show on top of it
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 AM
H22toVQ

Lol that's one of the things I was thinking with the matte gun show. Subtle but effective! I've also thought about doing like a Paul Booth picture on the roof... leaf man or something. Something dark... Yeah cliff I'll get you up a price after I see how hard it is to do on my own. lol. The material is very user friendly so hopefully it won't be that bad. Normally on wraps the labor is way more than the material... if done correctly.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:19 AM
H22toVQ

Wanting to keep blue in the design and keep it something that looked airbrushed... I decided to go a different direction all together... Graffiti! Here is the design that's printed. A little crazy but it's something that will easily advertise what all we can do with wraps. Also it's blue... so I can keep my Ray's Lugs...

Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by H22toVQ
Ok guys. First off I want to say that I know that some people love the idea of a flat black car... some of you hate it. HOWEVER, I work for a vinyl shop and they are wanting to somewhat "sponsor" me in having a vinyl wrap applied to my car. Being that I'm not really into crazy designs... I don't really want to do anything too terribly over the top with design and a general gloss color to gloss color change isn't that exciting to me. It'd be too easy to overlook... This has kind of led me to flat black. Its simple but different. The only thing is I also want to show off some of our design talents by doing the roof in something glossy and somewhat different. I'd also be pin striping the wheels with the same color/design as the roof. I'm basically trying to see what you guys would put on the roof if you had the oppritunity to do something like this. Also, I will be doing a DIY for vinyl wraps for the boards for people interested in trying this theirselves . A few of the ideas I've had have been urban camo, an under construction file I designed (my personal fave), the Rogue status gun show (becasue it's popular right now), a war file I've messed with, or just leave the roof gloss black and do a matte cut vinyl design into it. Just seeing what everyone might think would be the most noticable. I'll be posting updates as they happen. Hopefully going to start on this in the next week or two but will be printing the roof in the next 2-3 days. Thanks!

Car right now...

Under Construction

War

Gun Show

Urban Camo
intersted in seeing how they handle ur hood? in for the finale
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM
FTD350z

I think you should put the Under Construction one. Its the best looking one so far
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm into the graffiti theme.. i use to be a street artist.. you should try something like that.. a nice piece that would cover part of your roof... if you decide to do one.. make me a set too lol
Old 02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been wanting to do a graffiti roof for a while, asked around but no one around my area could make one, anyways here is an old thread

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...of-teaser.html

very interested in seeing yours done
Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
nismo_nate

^^hey bebo theres a graphics vinyl place near my house (91746) if you have that template i bet they can do it for us. let me know if you do, i'll bring up that idea to them
Old 02-03-2010, 06:27 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

Sorry Nate, I don't have it. I've been thinking about getting some paper the size of the roof and just having someone draw something similar to what's in that link, then taking that in to a shop and just have them make a copy on vinyl. My bro-in-law has a friend who's a graffiti artist, I would ask him to draw me something but I don't know if a shop would even be able to make a copy of that...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
nismo_nate

well i'll contact the shop near my house for a quick quote and see if they are able to do what we are requesting. i'll just show them the link that your provided
Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
BEBO'S ZEE

Any updates O.P?

Quick Reply: Car getting wrapped... Need roof ideas...