Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternate Headlight companies

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I'll PM you what I got done and price.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:17 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Why call seems he will come to us and confirm why. Tks Mike.

IDK why he does not but personally I think it looks clean just painted.
Thats to bad, herd your cool but I like to keep my lights clean.

Thanks, I will tell them you sent me.
That is what I hear and bet he does great work. But I can tell you what he does not do.... clean paint job.
Originally Posted by GooseMan
So if that was what you "meant" why didn't you type it like that.

Where is Jay when you need him to post some big huge noob pictures! j/k j/k shhhhh (but jay come here...post one)
If you look back you would see that I refer to not having light mods and only paint as a keeping it clean. You can see this in post #13,#14 and #16. To each there own.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 PM
robbinsj

I am sorry you did not understand WTF I was talking about this entire post and me pointing it out to you on a plater hurts your feelings. You just need to dust yourself off Timmy and just keep on truckin. Now be a good boy and go back to biting your ear. I know, I know your just to slow or the ear is just to fast. But if you never give up I think maybe one day... just one day your noob head will come out of Mikes @$$ and you will see day light AGAIN!!

Old 04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Take a chill pill son. I was just kidding and plus I love that STFU icon.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:50 PM
robbinsj

Take a chill pill son. I was just kidding and plus I love that STFU icon.
NP bro, yea I like that icon as well.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
J. Dub

I am sorry you did not understand WTF I was talking about this entire post and me pointing it out to you on a plater hurts your feelings. You just need to dust yourself off Timmy and just keep on truckin. Now be a good boy and go back to biting your ear. I know, I know your just to slow or the ear is just to fast. But if you never give up I think maybe one day... just one day your noob head will come out of Mikes @$$ and you will see day light AGAIN!!

I like the part where you referred to him as a retard and how he should continue to attempt to bite his ear... Then you had a grammar error. Don't worry, I put it in bold above.

And please, caps lock needs to be removed from your keyboard. Stop yelling.

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-05-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 AM
J. Dub

Update for the OP.

This guy does a great job and his price beats anyones. I live in AR and he is in AL. I've seen his work and cincities. His is top notch.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/g...s-painted.html
Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just diy man.... bake for 15m @ 215f ... open... paint... close ... bake some more ... black silicone the seam... done.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by J. Dub
I like the part where you referred to him as a retard and how he should continue to attempt to bite his ear... Then you had a grammar error. Don't worry, I put it in bold above.

And please, caps lock needs to be removed from your keyboard. Stop yelling.

YES ALL LAME AND RETARDED GRAMMER NOOB! WHY NOT GET A LIFE INSTEAD OF TROLLING THREADS TALKING SHIZ ABOUT GRAMMER AND HOW YOU LEARNED THIS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, RIGHT BETWEEN HOME PERIOD AND THE PERIOD WHERE YOU GOT YOUR DORK @$$ BEAT DAILY!

IF CAP LOCKING ONE FREAKING WORD GETS YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNDLE I CAN ONLY HOPE THIS REALLY RAMS THEM UP YOUR PANSY @$$! COURSE WE KNOW THAT IS THE WAY YOU LIKE IT FAIRY!

Last edited by robbinsj; 04-06-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
350zftw84
Banned

I am also looking to paint my lights.. i have been browsing around the forum for a while and just decided to join today.. I thought you would like to know that I am considering this guys work. it looks great and he did my buddies lights and they looked amazing.. i really wanna DIY but theres way to much of a chance of me messing this up..id rather have a pro do it.. anyway this is the guy.. hes way cheaper than anyone else so far..plus he does just what i want.. which is paint only..

http://www.myspace.com/twistedhouzings
Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
FilthyZ

I see the quality from the pictures, but it def doesn't justify that type of price to be honest. I know you say pay to play, good stuff isn't cheap, and time is money. But $1800 to open up the headlights, paint and do their light mod is a bit extreme. I also seen $500 for license plate bulbs? Come on, what bulb is honestly worth that?

OP - i would honestly open them up yourself. It's really not that difficult to do. Sand them down and get them ready for paint. Bag them up and take them to a professional painter, who I'm sure would gladly paint them for a ton cheaper. That's if your just looking for a paint job. While your at it though, you could always order the JDM Sti lens and spacer to do the mod to your headlights since they are open. It's really not that hard to do.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by FilthyZ
I see the quality from the pictures, but it def doesn't justify that type of price to be honest. I know you say pay to play, good stuff isn't cheap, and time is money. But $1800 to open up the headlights, paint and do their light mod is a bit extreme. I also seen $500 for license plate bulbs? Come on, what bulb is honestly worth that?

OP - i would honestly open them up yourself. It's really not that difficult to do. Sand them down and get them ready for paint. Bag them up and take them to a professional painter, who I'm sure would gladly paint them for a ton cheaper. That's if your just looking for a paint job. While your at it though, you could always order the JDM Sti lens and spacer to do the mod to your headlights since they are open. It's really not that hard to do.
Damn there basic light mod with paint is $1,800?? Holy shiz thats a pretty penny. So total cost for new lights painted with light mod is $3,000! I will sell you my TN turbo kit for less.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
FilthyZ

Not to mention the down time if you have to send the headlights that are on your car. I heard they have them for quite awhile too.

This is from their website. So if i'm reading this right, $1800 to do the mod + $650 to paint them. For a total of $2450? Plenty other things I can find $2400 to spend on the Z.

$1800/pair White Super LED Headlight "Conversion" (06-08)
$1700/pair Amber Super LED Headlight "Conversion" (06-08)
+450 - Matte-Black Paint Finish
+650 - Color-Matched to Factory Paint Code
+800 - Side-Marker Delete Option

Last edited by FilthyZ; 04-06-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by FilthyZ
Not to mention the down time if you have to send the headlights that are on your car. I heard they have them for quite awhile too.

This is from their website. So if i'm reading this right, $1800 to do the mod + $650 to paint them. For a total of $2450? Plenty other things I can find $2400 to spend on the Z.

$1800/pair White Super LED Headlight "Conversion" (06-08)
$1700/pair Amber Super LED Headlight "Conversion" (06-08)
+450 - Matte-Black Paint Finish
+650 - Color-Matched to Factory Paint Code
+800 - Side-Marker Delete Option

WOW! They could trash your head lights, buy new ones and sill make 600$ on the light conversion.

Last edited by robbinsj; 04-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Why don't you guys stop complaining and do it yourself then. I would love to see if you can beat clearcorners quality.

Edit: I take back "clearcorners.com" quality. Paint touching in the inside of the lens. His quality is garbage! CLEANCORNERS.COM SCAMMER MIKE!

Last edited by Goo$e; 07-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 AM
robbinsj

Why don't you guys stop complaining and do it yourself then. I would love to see if you can beat clearcorners quality. Talk the talk, but can you walk the walk. Let's see it.
Not complaining just in sticker shock. I respect them for having the biz and the cost must be due to high risk involved to help ensure they dont go bankrupt from a misstake. Glad there round for thous that are to scared to crack em open but me personally I will just keep my used pair got for 700$.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM
J. Dub

YES ALL LAME AND RETARDED GRAMMER NOOB! WHY NOT GET A LIFE INSTEAD OF TROLLING THREADS TALKING SHIZ ABOUT GRAMMER AND HOW YOU LEARNED THIS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, RIGHT BETWEEN HOME PERIOD AND THE PERIOD WHERE YOU GOT YOUR DORK @$$ BEAT DAILY!

IF CAP LOCKING ONE FREAKING WORD GETS YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNDLE I CAN ONLY HOPE THIS REALLY RAMS THEM UP YOUR PANSY @$$! COURSE WE KNOW THAT IS THE WAY YOU LIKE IT FAIRY!

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-06-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
duro78

I dont understand why some people pay these basement companies to paint there lights when its so easy to diy plus you know it was done properly and you keep your money in your pocket
Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

You'd be surprised how many Non-Dyi guys drive Z's... I personally wouldnt do it b/c i think i looks like ****. If ebay sells something similar to it.. I dont want it.

Quick Reply: Alternate Headlight companies