Sponsored by:

Alternate Headlight companies

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J. Dub
Thanks
NP bro. Post up a review if you end up getting some work done.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 AM
FilthyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the looks of it, 180 custom does an awesome job. The paint and mods look flawless.
Not to mention the 1 year warranty, or for an extra $150 you get 3 full years which is awesome.

I sent them a pm about doing my headlights I just picked up from 350Power. Gonna see about having the housings painted, iron man around the project lens and see if they'll swap the JDM STi lens and spacer. The price is what I would expect a company to charge.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by FilthyZ
From the looks of it, 180 custom does an awesome job. The paint and mods look flawless.
Not to mention the 1 year warranty, or for an extra $150 you get 3 full years which is awesome.

I sent them a pm about doing my headlights I just picked up from 350Power. Gonna see about having the housings painted, iron man around the project lens and see if they'll swap the JDM STi lens and spacer. The price is what I would expect a company to charge.
Yes I as well like there prices and if the work is good with a waranty you can not go wrong.

Can anyone confirm if they do our 350z headlights? Hope the prices are the same as the 370z. Would think they would be.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 AM
FilthyZ

I'm just waiting on a pm back to tell if they do them for the 350z. I'm sure they would since they have a section for the 350z and 370z. They also offer the G35 and G37, so it shouldn't be too much different.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 AM
robbinsj

I can not wait to see what tey can do. Also seems they are willing to paint the projector. Please confirm this!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 AM
robbinsj

just called tem and they will do the 350z head lights at the same prices and confirmed they are the FIRST EVER willing to paint the projector and back it for 1yr without the extended. At this price it is so worth the 3yr extended.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by robbinsj
NP bro. Post up a review if you end up getting some work done.
Of course I will... Hopefully in that future thread someone will neg the review and we can begin sending pics to eachother of ratards (spelled incorrectly on purpose) LOL
Originally Posted by FilthyZ

This. I'm sending them a PM now.
Yes I as well like there prices and if the work is good with a waranty you can not go wrong.

Can anyone confirm if they do our 350z headlights? Hope the prices are the same as the 370z. Would think they would be.
I agree. Prices are just IMO.
I can not wait to see what tey can do. Also seems they are willing to paint the projector. Please confirm this!
That's been the biggest thing for me. Is getting projector painted by a company that is willing to warranty their work.
I could paint it... Then when it bubbles up I'm SOL.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 AM
J. Dub

just called tem and they will do the 350z head lights at the same prices and confirmed they are the FIRST EVER willing to paint the projector and back it for 1yr without the extended. At this price it is so worth the 3yr extended.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
FilthyZ

Thanks for calling them, was waiting on a response back and couldn't call from work right now. That's awesome news. Gonna be placing an order soon then. Def want to paint the project piece. Look out clearcorners.com and CinCity, got a new Sheriff in town.

Prices are awesome, work looks flawless, and turn around time being less than a week tops the cake!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
J. Dub

Some people have been having a hard time getting a hold of them. Apparently the guy in the shop is all by himself now and is crazy swamped.

http://www.*******.com/exterior-inte...y-updated.html

it will be blocked from the site but it's the 370z . com site
Old 04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
J. Dub

Placed an order via email to 180........... And no response. I even called em and told em they had an email from me................. And no response other then they'll check it.

Everytime I call em they don't answer the phone with an expected "180 custom how can I help you?" like most companies.

I want these guys to build my lights. But if I don't here from them by Monday evening my business is going to lightwerkz.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
robbinsj

Placed an order via email to 180........... And no response. I even called em and told em they had an email from me................. And no response other then they'll check it.

Everytime I call em they don't answer the phone with an expected "180 custom how can I help you?" like most companies.

I want these guys to build my lights. But if I don't here from them by Monday evening my business is going to lightwerkz.
damn what a biotch, guess thats what we get for no overhead pricing. Bad cust service.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
J. Dub

damn what a biotch, guess thats what we get for no overhead pricing. Bad cust service.
It's odd. When I call they're real nice. But they answer with a hello. Not a company name. I can hear rap music in the background typically. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it seems that they just don't have their stuff together.
Almost like they're my age.

I'm confident that they're busy as can be. But I get the feeling it's for their New York area friends/clients that have Z's and G's.

Ah well. the quote I got from Ceasar at lightwerkz.net is decent. Much better priced then clearcorners.... Seems I'll go that route.
Lightwerkz has gotten back to me w/ a quickness everytime I've emailed.

P.S. I found a thread 180 custom placed on the 370z . com site that gives everyone 20% off.... I'd love to use it... If they ever got back to me.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Ding ding ding! lol at you guys and your "cost savings". Have fun with that.

Last edited by Goo$e; 04-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Goo$e
Ding ding ding! lol at you guys and your "cost savings". Have fun with that.
I wish I had the money cause yours came out great.

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-16-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Goo$e
Banned

I take it all back. You don't always get what you pay for! I paid mike about $2,500 and he fawked me over! Do not trust this guy!

Last edited by Goo$e; 07-11-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
=Cerberus=

Wow this thread blew up. I forgot about it.

Originally Posted by old_s13
As the owner, I can confirm that we do not offer our paint services a la carte.

We're not forcing you to do anything you dont want, we're simply choosing not to open ourselves into certain liability problems.

Some people think taking apart a headlight is a cakewalk, toss it in you're home oven and push BAKE for 20 minutes, a few coats of krylon and you're done. We dont do things that way.

Its not about the money, its about offering our customers a solid product thats worth our time and provides value.

I hope that answers your question.

Respectfully,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

ps: If I were to have to choose amongst all the lighting companies out there, I'de have to say go with Lightwerkz.
Which is why I was interested in your company even though it was for paint work only.

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
You'd be surprised how many Non-Dyi guys drive Z's... I personally wouldnt do it b/c i think i looks like ****. If ebay sells something similar to it.. I dont want it.
Originally Posted by duro78
I dont understand why some people pay these basement companies to paint there lights when its so easy to diy plus you know it was done properly and you keep your money in your pocket
I am a diy person when it comes to well jut about everything. This is one area where I do not feel I can complete the project to the quality that I want, and would rather pay someone who can do it better then I can. As for lights, I am not a fan. I just want them black to match the overall theme without any hazing, moisture, or whatnot.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Goo$e
^ Well you get what you pay for man. Plain and simple. LOL @ that picture. Good stuff. I WISH I had that kind of money damn that would be nice.
Yea, I agree.... Thanks to you I'm not goin w/ cincity.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Yea, I agree.... Thanks to you I'm not goin w/ cincity.
Another soul saved!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm working with someone at the moment.......so far so good. Great communication, keeps in touch......

Lights should be finished in a month or so, I'll report back if he wants me to......

Quick Reply: Alternate Headlight companies