Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Ebay Vendors versus My350z.com Vendors "Seats"

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010 | 01:59 PM
Citrus

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Second:
I strongly do not beleave a seat nor seat belt effects safty in any way and all safty is based on luck, timing and angle.

So please enlighten me on how my choice of seat can save or end my life?
Enlighten yourself: http://www.nhtsa.gov
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:01 PM
Z350Maniac

how are people dissing good finds on ebay?

A good find = name brand/tested/safe/durable/quality item found for a lower price.
A good find ≠ replica that merely takes the mold throws in cheaper/lower quality materials to sacrifice the price with ZERO testing.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:02 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Brian@VeilSide
Nope, I didn't say that at all nor do I want to say that.

What I DO want to say is this,

A car can be a lethal weapon. I hope people realize that fact and DON'T choose a part simply because it is the cheapest. Safety and Quality should be very important things to look into when choosing a part for your car. This is for your safety, your passenger's safety, the guy across the street, and the family in the minivan next to you.

(This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to force it upon you.)
Thanks for your but I do not need safety tips from you.

You sound like a bible thumper.
Why don't you go pad your kids walls and rem to wear your helmet.

Once again this is not a safety thread, this is a WTF is up with vendor prices thread.

Go figure a VENDOR is trying to change the subject!
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:03 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Citrus
Enlighten yourself: http://www.nhtsa.gov
Read the thread title, this is not about safety.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:05 PM
swifty949

FYI you've got it all wrong about Brian, this is Brian driving

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOssVcVCWeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOssVcVCWeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:05 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Z350Maniac
how are people dissing good finds on ebay?

A good find = name brand/tested/safe/durable/quality item found for a lower price.
A good find ≠ replica that merely takes the mold throws in cheaper/lower quality materials to sacrifice the price with ZERO testing.
Well Veilside stepped in and changed the subject. There not even thinking about a good find. Only looking through there blinders.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:09 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by swifty949
FYI you've got it all wrong about Brian, this is Brian driving

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOssVcVCWeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOssVcVCWeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Yea figured you where a mark. This thread is not about Brian nor VeilSide but Brian is a ***** and ****** poke there nose in other peoples biz. This is also not about safety, this is about EBAY versus the vendors and EBAY won my biz.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:09 PM
Brian@VeilSide
Vendor - Former Vendor

My question here is simple, why is our "special forum price" higher than EBAY prices?

Shop A buys a seat at $20
Shop B buys a seat at $50

One of those shops is going to be able to sell it at a lower price to the end customer.
Shop A could be the ebay shop and Shop B could be a Vendor here.

That answers your question.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:11 PM
Citrus

...and here's something to think about while you cruise down the road in your chinese manufactured seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dimg2...BE2D7&index=44

Last edited by Citrus; 03-11-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:12 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Brian@VeilSide
My question here is simple, why is our "special forum price" higher than EBAY prices?

Shop A buys a seat at $20
Shop B buys a seat at $50

One of those shops is going to be able to sell it at a lower price to the end customer.
Shop A could be the ebay shop and Shop B could be a Vendor here.

That answers your question.
Thanks, now you know why I searched for the better price.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:14 PM
Z350Maniac

Thanks for your but I do not need safety tips from you.

You sound like a bible thumper.
Why don't you go pad your kids walls and rem to wear your helmet.

Once again this is not a safety thread, this is a WTF is up with vendor prices thread.

Go figure a VENDOR is trying to change the subject!

Old 03-11-2010 | 02:15 PM
swifty949

crap that front end crushed in at 39mph. ^^^^Thats hilarious
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:21 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Citrus
...and here's something to think about while you cruise down the road in your chinese manufactured seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dimg2...BE2D7&index=44
LMAO not sure the seat could of helped any of them nor did I see the seat take the hit on anything. Another funny thing is everyone insists that my seat is cheap jap/china crap. Sorry to say but this is a company in AMERICA http://aerodesignsusa.com that use to sell Bride seats. Decided to make the seats but put there own name out of replica respect. Even Shine still calls the Amuse kit the Amuse, least they changed all names and sell at a greatly reduced price. Can not say that for Bride Taiwan or Bride Canada. They both use the Bride logo with the same quality yet charge 900$+ for the same seat.

Last edited by robbinsj; 03-11-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:24 PM
Z350Maniac

yer just... not... getting it...

the video was to show the standard of work/craftsmanship of chinese products. People in those crashes die on impact in the Chinese cars.

So take that lesson and apply it to the seats. Chinese are INFAMOUS for replicas. So what if the company is american based? It is likely supplied/built/manufactured OVERSEAS (China says "hello.") A replica is a replica is a REPLICA. Simple as that. Unless it has DoT/NHSTA approval it wasn't built to protect you in a crash.

Last edited by Z350Maniac; 03-11-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:28 PM
robbinsj

yer just... not... getting it...

the video was to show the standard of work/craftsmanship of chinese products. People in those crashes die on impact in the Chinese cars.

So take that lesson and apply it to the seats. Chinese are INFAMOUS for replicas. So what if the company is american based? It is likely supplied/built/manufactured OVERSEAS (China says "hello.") A replica is a replica is a REPLICA. Simple as that. Unless it has DoT/NHSTA approval it wasn't built to protect you in a crash.
Your not getting it man, how the hell does an entire car smashing in have anything to do with the seat. Your head is going into the dash/window either way. The damn seat does not take the impact nor does it pop out and block shiz!
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:33 PM
robbinsj

LMAO that is actually pretty funny, DAMN THE MAN!!!!

VEILSIDE IS ONLY HERE TO WARP OUR MINDS AND LIQUIDATE OUR WALLETS!!!

JOIN THE REVOLUTION, SHOP EBAY!!!!

Old 03-11-2010 | 02:34 PM
Z350Maniac

ok, let's try to get on the same page:

In the video which cars looked like they would have killed the driver?
Who makes those cars (which country)?

Who makes 99.999999% of all knock offs and replicas (which country)?
Who SELLS (←this is important.) the knockoff you're interested in buying?
Who MAKES (←this is important.) the knockoff you're interested in buying?

that's the point they were trying to make with the video.

But c'mon... you can't really believe that safety belts aren't useful for saving lives...

Safety Belt Statistics

* One out of every five drivers will be involved in a traffic crash this year.

* Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among people age 44 and younger and the number one cause of head and spinal cord injury.

* Approximately 35,000 people die in motor vehicle crashes each year. About 50 percent (17,000) of these people could be saved if they wore their safety belts.

* More than 90 percent of all motorists believe safety belts are good idea, but less than 14 percent actually use them.

* For every one percent increase in safety belt use, 172 lives and close to $100 million in annual injury and death costs could be saved.

* Safety belts when used properly reduce the number of serious traffic injuries by 50 percent and fatalities by 60-70 percent.

* For maximum protection safety belts should be fastened before traveling any distance or speed. Seventy-five percent of crash deaths and injuries occur within 25 miles of home. More than half of all injury-producing motor vehicle crashes involve low speeds under 40 m.p.h.

* Motorists are 25 times are more likely to be killed or seriously injured when they are "thrown clear" than when remain inside their vehicle.

* In a 30 m.p.h. collision an unbelted 160 lb. Person can strike another passenger, crash through a windshield and/or slam into the vehicle's interior with a 4,800 lb. force.

* Motorists can increase safety belt usage by example and verbal reminders. Nine out of 10 people buckle up when asked.

* Safety belt use is one of the best defenses against the unpredictable actions of the drunk driver.

* Today over 25 countries around the world have some type of mandatory safety belt law. Results of these laws were measured; usage rate went from 20-25 percent before passage to 60-90 percent after passage.

* A common cause of death and injury to children in motor vehicles is being crushed by adults who are not wearing safety belts. On out of four serious injuries to passengers is caused by occupants being thrown into each other.

* About 80 percent of all injuries to children in car crashes are injuries to the head, causing brain damage, permanent disfigurement, epilepsy or death.

* Of every 100 children who die in motor vehicle crashes at least 80 would survive if they were properly secured in an approved child safety seat or safety belts.

* Three out of four families with child safety seats fail to use them correctly. Adults need to follow manufacturer's instructions and secure seats properly before every trip.

* An estimated 80 percent of American children area immunized against contagious diseases, but less than 10 percent are properly restrained when riding in a motor vehicle.

For additional copies of this fact sheet or information on data sources contact the Public Information Office, Division of Motor Vehicles, P.O. Box 27412, Richmond, VA 23269, (804) 257-0041.

Last edited by Z350Maniac; 03-11-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:38 PM
MTB350z

Because a seat, not just a SEATBELT save your life. If your seat is replica and not safety certified you get into a front end collision and your seat made with plastic or whatever cheaper product they use snaps, breaks, or comes undone and YOU can die! Actual seats are certified and yes you can still get into an accident and die but potentially your chances of surviving are safer in a safety certified seat. If you still dont get it, then F it enjoy your cheaper seats and i hope you never have to test their safety.

As for forum versus ebay prices, you get what you pay for, the forum wont always be the cheapest but they are knowledgeable car reps who mostly drive and modify their cars like we do.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:46 PM
Citrus

Another funny thing is everyone insists that my seat is cheap jap/china crap.
It is cheap china crap. No engineering. No safety testing. Cheaper, lower quality materials. Mass produced by less paid, non-union laborers with less education/skill/knowledge. I could tell you all about manufacturing in China, I travel all over the world setting up manufacturing sites for my company including two weeks I just spent in Shenzhen.

Sorry to say but this is a company in AMERICA "http://aerodesignsusa.com/productsNOTUS.html" that use to sell Bride seats.
American company selling cheap imitation products poorly copied and manufactured in china.

With respect to your original post regarding forum vendors vs. ebay. The reason ebay can deliver goods for so cheap is that most of the "shops" on ebay have no actual experience with the products they sell. Its just a warehouse where boxes come and go. Many of the vendors on ebay have multiple store fronts of crap they shipped in from china.

The vendors here tend to know what they're talking about when it comes to the products they sell/endorse so if you do have a problem (which will inevitably happen in the world of modified automobiles), you can call them up and get some help figuring it out.
Old 03-11-2010 | 02:48 PM
Z350Maniac

Originally Posted by citrus
it is cheap china crap. No engineering. No safety testing. Cheaper, lower quality materials. Mass produced by less paid, non-union laborers with less education/skill/knowledge. I could tell you all about manufacturing in china, i travel all over the world setting up manufacturing sites for my company including two weeks i just spent in shenzhen.

American company selling cheap imitation products poorly copied and manufactured in china.

With respect to your original post regarding forum vendors vs. Ebay. The reason ebay can deliver goods for so cheap is that most of the "shops" on ebay have no actual experience with the products they sell. Its just a warehouse where boxes come and go. Many of the vendors on ebay have multiple store fronts of crap they shipped in from china.

The vendors here tend to know what they're talking about when it comes to the products they sell/endorse so if you do have a problem (which will inevitably happen in the world of modified automobiles), you can call them up and get some help figuring it out.
/thread

Quick Reply: Ebay Vendors versus My350z.com Vendors "Seats"