Sponsored by:

Momo Steering wheel help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
fat3oy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Momo Steering wheel help...

Alright, I am confused as hell...

I want to get a Momo steering wheel, but after rolling through some threads and some research I am lost in the sauce!

First off the Momo hub is crap on the 350, even says it on their page... Well what hub can i get? I'd preferably get one with resistors for the airbag already with it... But how do I know the hub will fit my Z and the Wheel??

Also, if I wanted to add a spacer, what damn spacer do I get, all the sites list them as either conversions or just a depth like:

Nardi/Personal, Momo/Sparco (nardi to personal conversion, momo to sparco conversion....

Or 1/2" spacer... thats it... no thread match up, no brand match...

How do I know which one to buy?

And one last question about the hub, that ugly plastic/rubber neck that covers the hub, is that removable, or replaceable?

Why the frak are steering wheels so damn difficult!

I feel cold and alone, I think I wet my pants, someone save me...

Last edited by fat3oy; 03-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
fat3oy

Oh yah...

I dont even necessarily need a momo wheel, I like the sparco ones too, and will be getting sparco seats...

BUT, sparco doesn't even have a damn hub for the Z at all... WTF!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off, the momo hub is not nec crap for the Z, where did you read this? Ive heard of other brands such as Works Bell hubs cracking, but not the Momos. They arent the greatest, but they arent the worst.

Here is your options:

Momo, Sparco, OMP, Shutt, Isotta, etc all have same bolt pattern....70mm i think.

Nardi, Personal, Possibly Key!s but not 100% sure on that, have the same pattern but different bolt pattern than the ones listed above.

1. Momo regular hubs are pretty long, you shouldnt need a spacer, but if you want spacers are avaliable for both bolt patterns, whether it be a conversion spacer ( Ie: Momo hub to Personal wheel) or a regular spacer (Ie: Personal hub to Personal wheel)

2. Get a Personal or Nardi regular hub, a 10-12mm conversion spacer (Nardi/Personal to momo/Sparco) then your Momo wheel.

3. Get a NRG/Works Bell Short hub and a NRG/Works Bell Quick Disconnect for Momo bolt pattern ( 70mm) plus your momo wheel.

4. You want it rediculously long? Momo regular hub + NRG/WB Quick Disconnect

5. longer, Nardi/Personal regular hub + NRG/WB Quick Disconnect + Conversion spacer (Nardi/Personal to Momo/Sparco) but i dont even know if that will work, lol.

There are many possibilities here bro, your only dealing with 2 different bolt patterns among ALL steering wheel/hub/QD brands out there. Spacers or Conversion spacers in many sizes are available.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-18-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 411 Likes on 235 Posts
Default bags

BTW... its a 50/50 shot, but i bet the airbag resistor aint gna work out for ya mang.

Just good to know ahead of time.

Tried n tried, did all the reset stuff....aaaaand that would be a negative. Didnt work.
Get used to a constant flashing airbag light in your dash. I have..ha.

And theres something comforting about knowing my momo Evo wheel will be the last thing I kiss, will be the thing that goes straight to my head or right to my heart...(LITERALLY)......just miliseconds before I die from crash impact.......since none of your other airbags will work anymore either once you pull the wheel.

This is THE one mod I did to the car that makes me ultra smart.

Also, the wiring in there is a mess... I have no cruise, I have no HORN.

Use teh search, theres a guy on here w a DIY about wiring up the horn again, it aint real basic....and relocating the cruise. Good luck sir.
lol.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
GeauxLadyZ

^^^ LOL... maybe u outta switch back to stock before u slit your wrist over this...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 AM
fat3oy

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
First off, the momo hub is not nec crap for the Z, where did you read this? Ive heard of other brands such as Works Bell hubs cracking, but not the Momos. They arent the greatest, but they arent the worst.

Here is your options:

Momo, Sparco, OMP, Shutt, Isotta, etc all have same bolt pattern....70mm i think.

Nardi, Personal, Possibly Key!s but not 100% sure on that, have the same pattern but different bolt pattern than the ones listed above.

1. Momo regular hubs are pretty long, you shouldnt need a spacer, but if you want spacers are avaliable for both bolt patterns, whether it be a conversion spacer ( Ie: Momo hub to Personal wheel) or a regular spacer (Ie: Personal hub to Personal wheel)

2. Get a Personal or Nardi regular hub, a 10-12mm conversion spacer (Nardi/Personal to momo/Sparco) then your Momo wheel.

3. Get a NRG/Works Bell Short hub and a NRG/Works Bell Quick Disconnect for Momo bolt pattern ( 70mm) plus your momo wheel.

4. You want it rediculously long? Momo regular hub + NRG/WB Quick Disconnect

5. longer, Nardi/Personal regular hub + NRG/WB Quick Disconnect + Conversion spacer (Nardi/Personal to Momo/Sparco) but i dont even know if that will work, lol.

There are many possibilities here bro, your only dealing with 2 different bolt patterns among ALL steering wheel/hub/QD brands out there. Spacers or Conversion spacers in many sizes are available.

Excellent, thanks!

Think I will go with a works bell regular hub, and just the steering wheel. I think I found a Sparco that I like more than the Momo I was gonna get, plus my seets will be sparco so stuff will match!

Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
^^^ LOL... maybe u outta switch back to stock before u slit your wrist over this...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nardi and Personal don't make hubs

This hub has everything you need - easily the most popular one for the Z, because it gets it right the first time without any guesswork:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...or&prodid=1264

You will NOT get an airbag light with this hub, your horn will work, there is no messy wiring - if you can turn on a light switch in a room you can install this
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Nardi and Personal don't make hubs
http://shop.vendio.com/crowderscusto.../?s=1269071762

This is what i meant...

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-20-2010 at 10:23 AM.