Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Veilside USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010 | 07:58 AM
GeauxLadyZ

^ Good luck....
Old 11-10-2010 | 09:18 AM
sry110

A few months ago I was thinking about selling my 2006 front bumper with V1 lip attached, but now that it's a 'rare' piece I think I'll hold onto it until it's destroyed or I sell the car, whichever comes first.

EDIT: Veilside USA has (had) a well-known selling policy that any replacement parts would be available at 50% of the going rate if the customer could prove that they had broken/destroyed/etc. the original part. If they go out of business and someone destroys their V1 lip, is there any recourse to recover 50% of the latest selling price since the warranty cannot be supported?

This thought came from a story a coworker told me, where he took his car to a shop to have his windows tinted and the tint job came with a lifetime replacement warranty for any defects. He paid with his credit card. A couple months later his tint was bubbling/peeling and when he tried to contact the tint shop he learned that they had been shut down and were out of business. So he contacted his credit card company and informed them of the situation, and they reimbursed him for the original purchase amount.

Is that solely at the discretion of the CC company, or is it a policy enforced by law?

Disclaimer: I'm not making a complaint or anything. All my VS parts are intact. But I'm just curious whether there is any recourse in the event that any of my parts get damaged beyond repair. And who knows, there could be some people that decided ultimately to go with Veilside parts because there is an inherent risk of damage and they liked having the security of being able to replace them at 50% of the market value.

Last edited by sry110; 11-10-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2010 | 03:57 AM
isy_nismo

Well, I have been in contact with Veliside Japan and They told me yes. They can built the Veliside Carbon fiber V1 for my 2006 but they need 2 months for do that. They don´t have in stock.

The problem for me is, the air shipping cost is too high, the shipping is more expensive than the lip... The total price with shipping cost to Spain and Spain taxes are 1615 USD for a ****ing lip...It´s normal for people to buy a fake one.

If Veliside USA start again, please inform me....
Old 11-11-2010 | 07:56 AM
zete350

@ sry110.

I am one of those who went with the Veilside CF lip because of the warranty they offered. When I heard they went out of business I was kind of bummed, not only because Veilside USA is an awesome company and Brian was awesome to deal with, but I figured I would be losing out on the warranty. I never thought of informing my CC company of such a situation. Thank for the idea. The only problem I see is how I will prove Veilside had such a warranty.
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:16 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by zete350
@ sry110.

I am one of those who went with the Veilside CF lip because of the warranty they offered. When I heard they went out of business I was kind of bummed, not only because Veilside USA is an awesome company and Brian was awesome to deal with, but I figured I would be losing out on the warranty. I never thought of informing my CC company of such a situation. Thank for the idea. The only problem I see is how I will prove Veilside had such a warranty.
It's been a few years since I bought mine, but I seem to remember it coming with an invoice or warranty card or something that had the policy detailed on it. Also, I bought mine through a vendor on here so I could have misconstrued the situation, but I remember the replacement policy being presented pretty clearly.
Old 11-15-2010 | 10:57 AM
Manjot

Damn you Veilside!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010 | 12:25 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by sry110
It's been a few years since I bought mine, but I seem to remember it coming with an invoice or warranty card or something that had the policy detailed on it. Also, I bought mine through a vendor on here so I could have misconstrued the situation, but I remember the replacement policy being presented pretty clearly.
Your invoice is your warranty card. Well, It was your warranty card.

Sorry about all the guys who lost deposits. That blows.
Old 11-15-2010 | 12:42 PM
spinviper

I have talked to YOKO at Veilside Japan, about that 50% replacement parts cause my emblem was stolen. She said that policy only apply for body kit not an emblem. If my kit damage I can order a new one at 50% discount from Japan. She is nice to me anyway, I send money order to Veilside USA and got a new emblem at a little discount anyway.

The following is her Email address, and she speak pretty good English too.
koyanagi@veilsidejpn.com

I mean I love veilside and I dont like somebody say a bad things on them. Talk to them first okay guys.
Old 11-23-2010 | 05:59 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Veilside USA product list was updated 11 days ago:

http://www.veilside-usa.com/VeilSide...st20101112.pdf
Old 12-08-2010 | 02:21 PM
VSfortuneG

DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM VEILSIDE AT ALL

Some quick info: I am not a angry customer and I am not a angry ex-employee. I'm the guy who made both their websites "veilside.com" usa division and "premier4509.com". To whoever that knows Brian and/or Raymond, ask them to confirm, I, Stanley, am the original web developer.

Btw: I have a VeilSide Fortune widebody kit on my G35. Took 2 months to manufacture and deliver. They also made me a one off cf hood.

I think the problem came along maybe late last year / early this year (2010) when Katsu left VeilSide USA. Communication between USA and Japan was difficult because only Katsu spoke japanese and Japan had their own financial issues as well. Only VeilSide Japan was the problem. From what I have heard, there was people who invested money into the 370z and gtr body kit and the kits were never made. The images that you guys see are just photoshopped images. Also .. Don't let the guys @ Japan sweet talk you! Once you send your money overseas, YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT BACK! Again .. VS Japan is having MAJOR financial issues and their issues with money will become your problem too if you send money to them directly.

Here's a couple of emails that japan sent me couple months back:

To: coldxice360@hotmail.com
Subject: domain control
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:36:29 +0900

Dear Mr. Stanley Leung,

I heard this email address from Ray ******. Our staff Hideki Omi once emailed you.

Please tell me all the info regarding veilside.com and premier4509.com
We will control them here in VeilSide Japan from now on.
We need these control pass and ID within 2 to 3 days.
If we don't get them, it will be really big trouble.

Best Regards,

Hironao Yokomaku, CEO
VeilSide Co., Ltd.
1250-3 Mase, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 300-2656
Tel: +81-29-838-1104
Fax: +81-29-838-1106
And here is why both websites was shut down:
To: coldxice360@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: domain control
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:16:34 +0900

Dear Mr. Stanley Leung,

I request to shut down the web-site for Premier4509.com and VeilSide.com.
Both site needs to shut down immediately.
This is an request as I am the president of VeilSide USA.Inc.
Need immediate response.

CEO
Hironao Yokomaku
VeilSide Co.,Ltd.
1250-3 Mase, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 300-2656
Tel: +81-29-838-1104
Fax: +81-29-838-1106

----- Original Message -----
To: koyanagi@veilsidejpn.com
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 8:03 PM
Subject: RE: domain control

Mr. Hideki Omi,

When I asked for Veilside Japan's cooperation, I meant it thoroughly. I still see that all the files, which I am the author of, still on Premier4509 Japan's server. The main page is only a modification of my initial version. VeilSide Japan must remove all files including but not limited to images, codes and files to which never belong to VeilSide Japan. Again, those files were illegally obtained by VeilSide Japan and I did not give authorization for anyone else but myself, premier4509.com and veilside.com to use it.

I hope you can once again try to comply with the following issues:

All php files to which I am the author of must be removed.
All images to which I am the author of must be removed.
All folders to which I am the author of must be removed.
All css files to which I am the author of must be removed.
All js files to which I am the author of must be removed.
All tpl files to which I am the author of must be removed.
Everything else to which I am the author of MUST BE REMOVED.

If all illegally obtained files are not to be removed from the server, I will no longer cooperate with this open case.

Once that is done, I will have VeilSide Japan, upload a file to confirm the changes.

Thank you, and I hope we can resolve this issue.
In the end, the websites were shut down because I created it and they refused to pay me. They also illegally downloaded premier4509.com's source and tried to use it on their japan site. They owe me close to $15,000 USD for about 1 and a half year worth of time for coding, design and other photo renderings.

If you guys really want VeilSide parts, get it from a authorized US distributor with a CREDIT CARD. Do not send any money overseas at all!

Last edited by VSfortuneG; 12-08-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2010 | 02:33 PM
omsin523

Wow, thats insane
Old 12-08-2010 | 02:34 PM
GeauxLadyZ

FYI to the guys requesting products/emblems from the Japan office:

I have been in contact with Masaki Ohira and Hideki Omi at Veilside Japan about getting the metal Veilside emblems for my seats. They have been very helpful and responsive and are as of now shipping out a set of emblems at no cost to me.

For you guys' reference, here is a list of contacts from their sales department that have contacted me or been CC'd:

masaki@veilsidejpn.com

hirohisa@veilsidejpn.com

koyanagi@veilsidejpn.com

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-08-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2010 | 03:00 PM
GeauxLadyZ

That IS crazy.... Now i wonder if they just blowing smoke up my ***... lol.

I dont care that much about emblems, but they seemed to want to get them to me. I didnt receive an email for quite some time after Masaki Ohira said in the last email to me that he was "checking with Japan regarding this". I just blew it off cause they were just emblems, but the other day i received another email back out of the blue from him saying "please give us your mailing address and email a copy of the receipt and we will ship out the emblems."

How it relates: it seems i am dealing with the same people you mentioned, i just wonder why they are pretty persistent in getting me something as minute as emblems for free if all this chit is going down over there. Craziness.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2010 | 05:17 PM
Manjot

Why can't someone start making replicas of their lips. It'll save all of us a great deal of hassle...v1 lip FTW!
Old 12-10-2010 | 05:25 PM
omsin523

They already have replica's.
Old 12-12-2010 | 06:28 PM
Pete5150

^good replicas?
Old 12-12-2010 | 07:17 PM
Strafe
Vendor - Former Vendor

i got Veilside replica lips in either CF or FG that I can sell ALL DAY!!

Along with many other High Quality replica and Authentic body pieces

Will Sell for lower than any other vendor will

Pm me for pricing