Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key fob question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Key fob question.

This afternoon I met my friend for a dog walk/hike through the forest and down to the rocky ocean shore. I drove to the meeting place, let my dog out and locked the doors, then went on to lose the key and remote opener fob in some dark hidden place. I retraced my route and made the dogs hunt and sniff every inch, but no luck. I had to leave my car and get a ride home in a little Miata with two wet muddy dogs on my lap.

I do have a second key and fob, but I want to replace the lost one. I dug around in a drawer and also found the valet key, it works in the door and the ignition, but not the in the lock for the rear glove box. It’s not all that clever of a system because all that keeps it from working in the glove box is a tiny extra bit of material at end of the key. A couple of seconds with my diamond grit nail file turned this valet key into a fully functioning key. Now I only need a remote opener fob to go with it. Parts like this have a stratospheric price here in Canada, what are the alternatives?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Sleeper01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy it on ebay...they normally go cheaper on ebay.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
corsairprime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Flip Key / Remote combination

I replaced my aging transponder key and remote with a single unit remote/flip key combo. The ebay seller did a good job combine all of the needed elements to make this work. The seller I bought from is MyKeyless, his store can be found at http://stores.ebay.com/MyKeyless.

Here's a picture of the combo flip key I bought and had coded to my car by the Nissan dealership (this was free by the way)

Key fob question.-nissan-combo-key.jpg

If you have any questions, PM me.