Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Hakkinen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock Issues

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their locks. I've only had my Z for about 8 months and stored it for the winter in November. Before i stored it i would always use the remote to open/lock my doors and it was working fine. I took out my battery when i stored the car and a few times i tried to unlock the door with my key. It would not budge, it would not turn left or right...after fiddling with it for 5-6 mins it would finally open. I got sick of it so i put the battery back in, and i can lock it with the remote...however now i cant unlock the drivers side door with the remote either! I must have damaged the lock even more...just wondering if anyone else has had these issues and suggestions on repair.

Thank You

Last edited by Hakkinen; 01-17-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
juju

I've had a few issues in cold weather where I push unlock on the keyless and the door won't unlock. I hear the door try to unlock but it sounds like something isn't catching. The sound remind me of those coil door stoppers that you can thump and it'll vibrate back and forth for a few seconds. I think it happens on the passenger side more than the driver.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Hakkinen

Originally Posted by juju
I've had a few issues in cold weather where I push unlock on the keyless and the door won't unlock. I hear the door try to unlock but it sounds like something isn't catching. The sound remind me of those coil door stoppers that you can thump and it'll vibrate back and forth for a few seconds. I think it happens on the passenger side more than the driver.
Yes thats exactly it. Except it only happens on the drivers side door. I hit lock and the door locks. I hit unlock and i hear a click, like its trying to unlock but it doesnt sound right, like something is not catching. So i have to go through the passenger side and unlock the drivers side from the inside. Im afraid i might have damaged something by using the key and fiddling with it back and forth for like 5 mins every time...
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Hakkinen, open the drivers door and look at the inside edge opposite to where the keyhole is located. There is a little black rubber inspection plug. This provides access to the linkage and pivots connecting the lock, latch and power lock solenoid. Get some lubricants and lube all the joints, as well as the latch and the inside of the keyhole.

Work the key back and forth while looking through the inspection hole to verify proper movement and action.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Hakkinen

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Hakkinen, open the drivers door and look at the inside edge opposite to where the keyhole is located. There is a little black rubber inspection plug. This provides access to the linkage and pivots connecting the lock, latch and power lock solenoid. Get some lubricants and lube all the joints, as well as the latch and the inside of the keyhole.

Work the key back and forth while looking through the inspection hole to verify proper movement and action.
Thanks so much! I will try that tomorrow.