Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding Nismo sides and rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Scrodes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions regarding Nismo sides and rear

Sorry guys you'll have to forgive my ignorance, a few quick questions though - specifically about these side skirts:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...an_fu/Z077.jpg

1)Half the photos I see of them, they're left black like that - but I've noticed they're glossy; are they painted gloss black? Are they black FRP and simply clear coated or are they a totally different colour all together? (IE are they actually like a dark gray and it just looks black in the photos)

2)Where can i get a set? I understand the Nismo ones are discontinued, and I haven't received a response from Shine even though I've tried to contact them thrice - does someone else make a good fitting replica? (sides AND rear) Alternatively does anyone make them in CF? (I'm getting the Evo-R CF front lip if Jay ever replies to me, so...)

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
NissanZ03

I have the Shine replicas and they fit perfectly. Usually people paint the very lower part of the skirts black and the upper part is painted the color of the car. There's a sort of line on the side skirts where people paint the upper half the car color and the lower half black. There's nothing wrong with painting them all one color though
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have a vendors section, body exterior forum...

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exterior-366/
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Scrodes

^^^
I know, but word of mouth is a much better way to choose a product than misc. vendor selection. Like I said I've heard good things about Shine, but can't seem to get a response. Thank you though

Edit - I just realized that Shine sells their products through other distributors - ie you don't have to purchase directly from shine, so thank you.

Originally Posted by NissanZ03
I have the Shine replicas and they fit perfectly. Usually people paint the very lower part of the skirts black and the upper part is painted the color of the car. There's a sort of line on the side skirts where people paint the upper half the car color and the lower half black. There's nothing wrong with painting them all one color though
Thank you sir.

Last edited by Scrodes; 02-03-2011 at 04:32 PM.