Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo Short Shifter Confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

The fact that he mentioned that it was only used for 50 miles made me think it was practically brand new.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
The fact that he mentioned that it was only used for 50 miles made me think it was practically brand new.
Can you go back and edit the feedback you left for him?
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
mkn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its fine i'll refund

but i guess if you were to get a TWM short shifter u would be still missing a white collar

what you gonna do then?

their package the metal piece around it aint the white collar you would still USE YOUR OEM one

damn noobies man

Last edited by mkn; 03-19-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:25 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkn
its fine i'll refund

but i guess if you were to get a TWM short shifter u would be still missing a white collar

what you gonna do then?

their package the metal piece around it aint the white collar you would still USE YOUR OEM one

damn noobies man
And they can do that, based on the fact that they manufactured it. They designed it with the intent on reusing the factory pivot cup. The Nismo Short Shifter was designed with its own... there's a huge difference there.

There was nothing wrong with you selling the short shifter. The part that was "wrong" was selling it without mentioning that there is any part of it missing. That's where it became an issue. The buyer was under the impression that everything was there, which is a correct assumption, because you didn't say otherwise. If you had said that the pivot cup was missing, and was selling the unit "as is", there wouldn't have been a problem with that.

Last edited by dmroberson; 03-19-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:08 AM
edgui12

Honestly, if I were the buyer I would've tried to make it work with the oem piece, $100 for a nismo shifter that has been discontinued I believe and regularly retails for $240 is a good deal lol IMO, and if I wasn't getting the twm one already I'd just buy this one off the seller
Old 03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by edgui12
Honestly, if I were the buyer I would've tried to make it work with the oem piece, $100 for a nismo shifter that has been discontinued I believe and regularly retails for $240 is a good deal lol IMO, and if I wasn't getting the twm one already I'd just buy this one off the seller
obviously you didn't read the whole thread.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM
edgui12

obviously you didn't read the whole thread.
Obviously you didn't read my post, I read through the thread, I guess it was just a matter of you wanting your money back, I guess I'll rephrase it though, "IF" the shifter worked with the oem white collar, I would've just kept it and used it like that, just cuz it is an expensive shifter lol trust me, I had been looking for one for a while until twm came out with theirs, now I'm getting that one instead, just my two cents though. Good thing the seller wasn't a jerk and gave you your money back since you were dissatisfied.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO you didn't get burned...It is after all a Nismo short shifter. He did not or lets also say forgot to mention about that one piece. Fine, but the picture was shown and you practically got everything shown in the picture. Should you as a buyer do some minor researching before buying? Yes, I think so, because then you would at least have asked the same question you got asked by the potential buyer.

The big picture is it's not broken, and he didn't walk off with your money leaving you with nothing in hand.

Anyways, hope ya'll work it out. It's not extremely difficult to fix it anyway:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_778_795.html

P.S. You keep throwing out the word defective but that isn't the problem here.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:22 AM
mkn

THANK YOU ! for the support i just wanted to prove that i wasnt a dishonest seller thats all but snice i did say if the mod ask me to refund i will ... i just wanted to show him i wasnt wrong ! and he's just a noob

thank you!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by edgui12
Obviously you didn't read my post, I read through the thread, I guess it was just a matter of you wanting your money back, I guess I'll rephrase it though, "IF" the shifter worked with the oem white collar, I would've just kept it and used it like that, just cuz it is an expensive shifter lol trust me, I had been looking for one for a while until twm came out with theirs, now I'm getting that one instead, just my two cents though. Good thing the seller wasn't a jerk and gave you your money back since you were dissatisfied.
That's a big "IF" and the facts are that other members mentioned that it won't work the OEM collar.

It's all a princple here... mkn did not disclose that it was missing parts. In fact his ad mentioned that is only used for 50 miles (which I highly doubt now I've seen the part) practically making it sound brand new which it obviously isn't. Fact is he was the second owner.

Last edited by Sickboy101; 03-19-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by Voboy
IMO you didn't get burned...It is after all a Nismo short shifter. He did not or lets also say forgot to mention about that one piece. Fine, but the picture was shown and you practically got everything shown in the picture. Should you as a buyer do some minor researching before buying? Yes, I think so, because then you would at least have asked the same question you got asked by the potential buyer.

The big picture is it's not broken, and he didn't walk off with your money leaving you with nothing in hand.

Anyways, hope ya'll work it out. It's not extremely difficult to fix it anyway:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_778_795.html

P.S. You keep throwing out the word defective but that isn't the problem here.

Your entitled to you opinion.

If you feel it's not defective then perhaps you can purchase it from mkn.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,655 Posts

That's a big "IF" and the facts are that other members mentioned that it won't work the OEM collar.
Instead of bickering like a 9 year old spoiled little girl, pick up your tools and spend the 30 minutes it takes to find out IF the shifter works with the OEM cup. And no i wouldn't listen to most members on here about if it works or not, most members don't have a mechanical freaking clue.

BTW every short shifter i have installed has required modification so far. I have also come to the conclusion the every short shifter is pointless in the Z, it comes with a short shifter off the dealer floor.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM
mkn

^ lol

ok first off the original original owner bought this shifter a friend of mine i drove around his car and i love how it shift then he went to buy a TWM shifter. i bought his nismo shifter. i test out his shifter and LOVED IT ! so i bought myself a TWM shifter and sold it to sickboy. thats the story

sickboy send me the shifter first then i will refund you. i dont know how you handle this complicate shifter i need to look at it first before i refund you for my safety lol

Originally Posted by dave079
yeah very misleading
Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
mkn

Old 03-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your entitled to you opinion.

If you feel it's not defective then perhaps you can purchase it from mkn.
So what you're posting here is just an opinion about the transaction as well? Guess there's no harm done after all. Go on with our happy lives!

I myself am not in the market for one...
Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Sickboy101

Again, I refuse to mislead and sell others parts that are not accurate as to what is described. mkn on the other was very deceiving when it came to describing the part in his FS thread. I'm done arguing with this clown.

Nismo short shifter will be shipped out on Monday. I'll update the thread when I've been refunded my money.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:53 AM
_ink

This is pathetic!! Like asking for a refund on wheels because its missing a lugnut!!

Inconvenient, yes.

Defective, no.

Grow the f*ck up! Its the risk of buying second hand goods! Don't like it? Then buy brand new.

Quick Reply: Nismo Short Shifter Confirmation