Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come rag on my attempt at some DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, some like the long nose, some hate em. It's one of those designs where there isn't a lot of middle ground. I happen to be on the like side, it's the genuine article, and I don't see it on every other car on the street/forum - so it works for me. I'm actually glad that it isn't the "popular" choice.

I'll check your threads/posts too, but what all are you doing to yours right now?

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 07-01-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not for me, but looks like quality work.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Yeah, some like the long nose, some hate em. It's one of those designs where there isn't a lot of middle ground. I happen to be on the like side, it's the genuine article, and I don't see it on every other car on the street/forum - so it works for me. I'm actually glad that it isn't the "popular" choice.

I'll check your threads/posts too, but what all are you doing to yours right now?
Don't have any threads up, but mastergrade widebody (replica, haha its got a longnose actually), smoothline top (removed all the oem convertible top components), built motor, custom fuel system, big twin t3/t4's, built auto tranny (I know its not a manual, and I don't feel like paying the $ to convert it when I can just build the stock tranny) haltech etc....
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Don't have any threads up, but mastergrade widebody (replica, haha its got a longnose actually), smoothline top (removed all the oem convertible top components), built motor, custom fuel system, big twin t3/t4's, built auto tranny (I know its not a manual, and I don't feel like paying the $ to convert it when I can just build the stock tranny) haltech etc....
Nice, I was reading through some of your posts (search ftw) and had started getting an idea of what you're working on. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not baller status and have a very limited budget (broke, underpaid, overworked, family man). I know where I want to take my car, so I sit and wait for amazing deals on the parts.

The mastergrade widebody & smoothline top aren't seen every day either, and people's opinions on both of those seem to be galvanized one direction or the other too.

For me, I love the fact that different people do different things with their cars. I love the owners that keep their cars showroom stock condition 30-40 years later, that do nothing unless it adds power, that just want to make it pretty, that just want to follow the latest fad, that just want it to perform well on a track, that just want it to go fast in a straight line for 1/4 mile, etc. I think that is what makes our community great - diversity.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Nice, I was reading through some of your posts (search ftw) and had started getting an idea of what you're working on. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not baller status and have a very limited budget (broke, underpaid, overworked, family man). I know where I want to take my car, so I sit and wait for amazing deals on the parts.

The mastergrade widebody & smoothline top aren't seen every day either, and people's opinions on both of those seem to be galvanized one direction or the other too.

For me, I love the fact that different people do different things with their cars. I love the owners that keep their cars showroom stock condition 30-40 years later, that do nothing unless it adds power, that just want to make it pretty, that just want to follow the latest fad, that just want it to perform well on a track, that just want it to go fast in a straight line for 1/4 mile, etc. I think that is what makes our community great - diversity.
I must agree! Had the car not had so many dents and not needed a new front fender, I would have gone with a strosek front and called it good

Hopefully I'll have the car somewhere near finished by the end of july (for mah burfday!) and have a thread up. As my madre says; "its not done, until its DONE." In other-words, stfu until it's completed.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Shizzmaster2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. The only thing I would recommend is upgrading to the 06+ headlights to complete the look and your all set.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Good luck, mang

I think that a part of me never wants mine to be "done".
Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the advice Sparkle. I’m going to research bulb options that will have the right focal point for the stock reflectors.

There are quite a few guys on MY350Z.com that live here in the greater Vancouver area, so I’m going to seek some hands on help from them on this. Again, thanks for taking the time to write out those instructions.