Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you regret installing your asuka double hump roof?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
If you install it do it right, cut the metal roof out and install the CF roof. Make sure you paint it to avoid the mismatch junkyard look that the civic crowd seems to love.
It is an overlay, it's not designed as a roof replacement

A real deal carbon roof could be done without much incident, and I've explored doing it. I haven't proceeded to date because I just don't think the community as a whole would embrace it, as they tend to be more like the OP, where its form over function (nothing wrong with that from my standpoint it just is what it is). If there was a general demand for such an item (wouldn't take a lot of people, maybe 10 to make it cost effective for a first run), we could easily have it done without much drama.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 03-25-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stevehl
So far only one person has actually answered my question. I still don't know if I want to keep it or not. I don't care about weight savings, or functionality; im never going to track my car, its just a dd. I'm just asking if owners would have liked using that money for something else, or if they think its money well spent. I guess ill have to lay it on the roof and judge for myself and see if I like it or not.
Or, I could sell it, and order a bunch of illest,sickest,dumbest and fatest stickers and slap it all over my car. Prob punch a few holes in my exhaust to make it sound louder. iono. Since im a ricer.
your best bet, is looking at pictures of it installed on a car, contacting those members individually if you dont get detailed enough pictures, combined with having your intended installer look at it to factor in your total cost, and deciding for yourself

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 03-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
User 42426

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Thanks guys. I'm going to hold on to it, again, for a while and decide. I'm all for function as well, just want some form to go with the car with this one.