Sponsored by:

lime green emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zian
Friendly advice: Don't change things just to change them. If you actually plan it out, think about it and like the look of it, go for it. But it honestly isn't worth the time and money to later regret random mod decisions. If you have only had the car for a few weeks, try to enjoy driving it!

As for the lime green emblems, it makes me think of the random civic emblem colors that people like to slap on their hondas. Not my thing but some people love em...if you do more power to ya.
I wish more people would follow this mantra, if you can't afford what you really want than why cheap out?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by waizzz
i wish more people would follow this mantra, if you can't afford what you really want than why cheap out?
big +10000 from me
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
I wish more people would follow this mantra, if you can't afford what you really want than why cheap out?
^ Agreed.

That's prob by far the number one problem with newbie modders, they want a show car in 3 days and dont want to spend the money on it. Its like the FI cartoon video that Alberto put together, but the ideals of that video apply accross the modding board.

OP, please listen to Zian, he just gave you the best advice you could get at this point.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you really want to do it start with a drop and takata green te37s first

Last edited by zerafian; 04-22-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
stygian_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not trying to have a show car. and im not trying to be cheap. i just wanted some opinions on the emblems. so i may get the wheels and handles power coated and leave the emblems for now. and ill put lowering springs. intake, headers, exhaust, and tune then see how everything looks and runs then decide. sound like a better idea? so should i do the handles and wheels magnetic black like the car or a dark charcoal color?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Citrus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stygian_z
im not trying to have a show car. and im not trying to be cheap. i just wanted some opinions on the emblems. so i may get the wheels and handles power coated and leave the emblems for now. and ill put lowering springs. intake, headers, exhaust, and tune then see how everything looks and runs then decide. sound like a better idea? so should i do the handles and wheels magnetic black like the car or a dark charcoal color?
First off - the blacked/murdered out car fad is already over and done. You're not going to score any style points for a stock Z with painted trim pieces.

I used to work at a company who's motto was "The company that does things right." The reality was that the company was notorious for being "The company that does things twice" because they would cheap out on projects the first time around. The same theory applies to modding a car.

If you don't have much expendable income to throw around, budget your purchases out in advance. Save up your money for a few months and buy a set of high quality wheels. Appropriately sized Volks/Work/SSR's on a stock Z = classy. Throw in a set of $200 GF210's the next month if you want to go lower but can't afford $1000+ coilovers. Don't bother with intake/headers/exhaust/tune. If you want your Z to sound nice, save up again and buy a quality exhaust. The money you spend on the rest will get you maybe 10whp max.