Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber + Florida = ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Best solution

Its stick on fake crap that does nothing but change the looks, its even more pathetic than the real CF stick on crap people rice out their cars with.
Like my roof
Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubidium
So when it looks clean, is inexpensive due to new technologies that weren't offered in the past it becomes Civic Rice because they don't do it the old way. Maybe you're just to old fashioned, nothing wrong with it. You have to take into account that you can get an old used 350z for an inexpensive price.

I think if done right it looks good; don't have cover? you can't purchase one of those car port things?
This is not new tech friend, vinyl has been around and in use on cars far longer than CF. Dry CF is new tech and thus has the price sticker that comes with new tech. Vinyl is a massive sticker and is not even in the same category as CF but I can respect what some like. Times are tuff and inexpensive is a smart way to go, god knows I wish I did not sink so much $$$ into my Z. Not sure why you think I am old school bro, I am only 29 and been modding for 2 1/2 years. I got banned for about 10 months and when I came back most members had left and now vinyl is cool. So I guess thats it, I am an old school member because I was gone for about a year. I should just wrap my Fusion hood in vinyl instead of putting on my new hood.... that I am getting today. Could save myself some $$$.

I can see it now, first person to wrap CF with a CF vinyl wrap!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Its stick on fake crap that does nothing but change the looks, its even more pathetic than the real CF stick on crap people rice out their cars with.
+1 Glad I am not the only one that knows stick on bling is not the best way to go.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by robbinsj
This is not new tech friend, vinyl has been around and in use on cars far longer than CF. Dry CF is new tech and thus has the price sticker that comes with new tech. Vinyl is a massive sticker and is not even in the same category as CF but I can respect what some like. Times are tuff and inexpensive is a smart way to go, god knows I wish I did not sink so much $$$ into my Z. Not sure why you think I am old school bro, I am only 29 and been modding for 2 1/2 years. I got banned for about 10 months and when I came back most members had left and now vinyl is cool. So I guess thats it, I am an old school member because I was gone for about a year. I should just wrap my Fusion hood in vinyl instead of putting on my new hood.... that I am getting today. Could save myself some $$$.

I can see it now, first person to wrap CF with a CF vinyl wrap!
Dry Carbon isn't new tech... When carbon fiber was being made via pre impregnated bagged carbon fiber, it didn't have any luster to it. Seibon, VIS and all these other people are making it now b/c it's "different" but carbon fiber on our car's nothing but layered sheets of carbon. If you've ever picked up a real carbon piece compared to carbon fiber that's sold mainstream... its night and day difference in weight.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:27 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Like my roof
+1 my roof as well
Old 06-17-2011, 05:57 AM
chulo at metro

yup. what everyone is saying. clear coat it!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
SA Z-boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say welcome back robbinj. I know you got banned a while back. I just recently sold my carbon fiber quarter panels. I know you would have liked them
Old 06-17-2011, 11:59 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by SA Z-boi
I was going to say welcome back robbinj. I know you got banned a while back. I just recently sold my carbon fiber quarter panels. I know you would have liked them
Tks bro.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Dry Carbon isn't new tech... When carbon fiber was being made via pre impregnated bagged carbon fiber, it didn't have any luster to it. Seibon, VIS and all these other people are making it now b/c it's "different" but carbon fiber on our car's nothing but layered sheets of carbon. If you've ever picked up a real carbon piece compared to carbon fiber that's sold mainstream... its night and day difference in weight.
Understandable, I was trying to state if anything was new tech that it would be dry CF not vinyl.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Understandable, I was trying to state if anything was new tech that it would be dry CF not vinyl.
agreed