Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast blinkers after LED's in headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:49 AM
ZJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast blinkers after LED's in headlights

I've got an 03 and upgraded with new 06-08 headlights. A buddy painted the housing black and put in an LED blinker and an LED driving bulb. I'm also running the Clear Corners LED reflectors with full time running lights and blinkers.

For the first several weeks everything worked fine but over time my passenger side blinker started blinking faster than the driver's side. At first I would pop the hood and jiggle the wire attached to the back of the blinker and it would work fine but soon after it would start blinking faster again. Now no matter what I do it just blinks fast.

The LED's are wired into a capacitor and work fine on the driver's side. Would this be a ground issue or what? Any wiring experts got some input for me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM
user 92720
Banned

I have white LED blinkers installed on my 06-08 headlights also. As soon as I put them on, it started blinking fast. When I turn on emergency lights, though, it's at a normal speed. When I put the OEM yellow blinkers back on, everything worked fine. If it's LED's, it's SUPPOSED to blink fast unless you mess with the wiring to adjust it and get it to work properly. It's no biggie, I got used to it.

Originally Posted by ZJoe
I've got an 03 and upgraded with new 06-08 headlights. A buddy painted the housing black and put in an LED blinker and an LED driving bulb. I'm also running the Clear Corners LED reflectors with full time running lights and blinkers.

For the first several weeks everything worked fine but over time my passenger side blinker started blinking faster than the driver's side. At first I would pop the hood and jiggle the wire attached to the back of the blinker and it would work fine but soon after it would start blinking faster again. Now no matter what I do it just blinks fast.

The LED's are wired into a capacitor and work fine on the driver's side. Would this be a ground issue or what? Any wiring experts got some input for me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have to run a load resister where you replace with LED from what I understand (or you get that crazy blink).

Last edited by RMichael; 07-30-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Al Kapwned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google "Rice Blink"
Old 07-30-2011, 02:42 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Kapwned
Google "Rice Blink"
I tried and all I got were sites dealing with Condoleezza's trips to Asia.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:07 AM
ZJoe

Ok, it seems to be fixed now finally. I found that when I'd move the wire running between the load resistor and the black wire out of the blinker then it would blink fast or blink normally. This told me it was a simple connection issue so I took it apart, cleaned up some of the sealant used the first time around for the connections (way too much), and used electric tape to hold it together. Problem solved.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Delta_two-Niner

I know it's been a while but i didn't want to start a new thread for this, not yet at least.

I just bought some LED turn bulbs and found that they do the rapid blink thing....no big, i went out and bought some 6ohm-50watt resistors. I installed everything and found that...No change ! still got the fast blinking on both sides this is how i wired it:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...it/wiring1.jpg

Please help
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM
FliPPER_Z

Originally Posted by Delta_two-Niner
I know it's been a while but i didn't want to start a new thread for this, not yet at least.

I just bought some LED turn bulbs and found that they do the rapid blink thing....no big, i went out and bought some 6ohm-50watt resistors. I installed everything and found that...No change ! still got the fast blinking on both sides this is how i wired it:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...it/wiring1.jpg

Please help
Did you replaced both front and back? If so , if you might need to and an extra resistor per side.