Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Nissan body shop...fail. *pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011 | 07:40 PM
ThatOtherGuy

So you've actually had a shop paint your car a color that didnt match close at all and made them re-paint it?
Old 10-31-2011 | 08:00 AM
IDrm350

I made a body shop repaint my Z 3 times.
Old 10-31-2011 | 08:19 AM
ThatOtherGuy

Originally Posted by IDrm350
I made a body shop repaint my Z 3 times.
Nice. And this was a case of another persons insurance paying for everything?
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:25 AM
IDrm350

Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy
Nice. And this was a case of another persons insurance paying for everything?
Sorry for the late reply, this was a case where I had already paid them, in full out of pocket, for the work.
Old 11-07-2011 | 10:34 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by IDrm350
Sorry for the late reply, this was a case where I had already paid them, in full out of pocket, for the work.
It doesn't matter who pays for it. The shop didn't repair your car to pre-loss condition, and someone needs to make it right. You parked your car and someone drove into your front end... It's not like you did anything wrong here. It's going to be a big fight, but your vehicle needs to be restored to pre-loss condition, and don't let them tell you otherwise. Talk to your insurance company... They'll usually help you out.
Old 11-07-2011 | 03:43 PM
ThatOtherGuy

Well the main problem is the paint on the front bumper is much brighter than my car. Not super noticeable but I'm sure if I went to a car meet, everyone would notice.
Can I still make insurance pay for the paint to be matched better by a different shop?
Old 11-14-2011 | 07:51 AM
IDrm350

I would probably bring it to the shop's attention first. Tell them that you are not satisfied with the match. If they refuse to correct it, you should take it to the insurance company and explain to them that the repair shop did not restore your car to it's pre-accident condition. When the shop accepted the insurance money, they obligated themselves to repairing the car correctly, that includes the paint match.
Old 11-15-2011 | 05:23 PM
Tougelabs

I'm almost certain thats the lexus white with pink pearl...But I would call the insurance company and speak to them since the car has to be perfect at any cost as long as it does not exceed the blue book.
Old 11-16-2011 | 08:13 PM
Z_enthusiast

Im actually a body tech at a hop and PPW is a 3 stage paint job. not your typical base/clear. That being said it will be REALLY hard for the shop to make the bumper match the adjacent panels unless they blend the paint. (which should have been on the estimate) second given the bad gaps on the hood/fender looks like the front end rails may have been swung over a tad or that could have been the core support broken but the shop IS STILL liable and they CAN get the insurance to re-open a claim to claim more parts.

They are just making it harder for you because if they replace a $10 par (for expample) that requires taking bumper off, then the tech has to take bumper off for free since he only got paid to do it right the first time. so the shop just doesnt want to mess with it anymore because they really arnt gunna make money on you anymore which is sad but the truth. youll need to be more stern and possibly throw in the lawyer word if they keep refusing to correct what they should have gotten right first off.

And PAINT, even IF your car has custom paint their are different shades of PPW that they can test/put up next to your car and see what shade will work best. its not just your fault,make them tint/match the bumper paint if they dont wanna blend the fenders. the push in clips/screw are just un called for.

I hate when people make body shops look bad. Sorry for your troubles. If you need ANY body shop lingo/info just PM me. ill help if i can

Last edited by Z_enthusiast; 11-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.