Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hide-A-Plate hide your license plate in 2.5 seconds?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:31 AM
jennyzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hide-A-Plate hide your license plate in 2.5 seconds?

Just came across this website with a license plate hiding system, it states you can hide the license plate in 2.5 seconds using a remote control. Anyone ever seen or used this system, if so how well does it work? I have seen another system similar to this that used an LCD screen to hide the plate but I was never able to get a price back on the LCD system. Just wanted your thoughts on this system, it looks like it comes with two plate holders one for the front and one for the back which would be perfect since I live in Cali.

Oops almost forgot the site its at....

trustedinternetbrands.com

Its under their Hide-A-Plate section

Last edited by jennyzee; 11-23-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 AM
MeinVinyl

That's for motorcycles. If you get caught with one of those it's a big fine. I had one on my R6 and I was fined $500 because it's the "intent to be illegal" hahaha

Defense: "Anyone buying anything that can go over the speed limit should be considered 'intending to be illegal' then" hahaha
Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 AM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one on my Frontier and was stopped by a local cop. This version was the one that if you look at it from above or a side angle the license plate is not visible. This is useful for photo cameras.

Well I had to go pay the fine after the cop stop me and took it off.
Damn fine was $150.00 here where I live.

Before I had it taken from me it did work well in the photo camera inability to take my license plate.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
jennyzee

Originally Posted by MeinVinyl
That's for motorcycles. If you get caught with one of those it's a big fine. I had one on my R6 and I was fined $500 because it's the "intent to be illegal" hahaha

Defense: "Anyone buying anything that can go over the speed limit should be considered 'intending to be illegal' then" hahaha
Thanks for the info, this one is for cars though not motorcycles. I guess it all depends on where you live... They may not be too happy seeing it on my car here in Cali either....That is if they know what it is. I like it for the fact that you can hide your license plate at car shows and when taking pictures of your car, it would be pretty useful for those applications...not saying it would not also be useful for getting away from speeding cameras...lol... You would think it would not be illegal unless you used it in an illegal way
Old 11-23-2011, 07:58 AM
jennyzee

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
I had one on my Frontier and was stopped by a local cop. This version was the one that if you look at it from above or a side angle the license plate is not visible. This is useful for photo cameras.

Well I had to go pay the fine after the cop stop me and took it off.
Damn fine was $150.00 here where I live.

Before I had it taken from me it did work well in the photo camera inability to take my license plate.
I can see that being illegal since it is active at all times and its only purpose is to hide the plate from speeding cameras. This set up could be used for many purposes, I said I guess it would really depend on the state and the cop pulling you over.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM
MeinVinyl

well, the plate pictured looks like a motorcycle plate as it's smaller.

The few digital ones I've come across have to be listed as "off road use only" because they are illegal. On the street, if a cop asks you why you have it and you say for car shows, etc, a judge would say "then take it off when you drive on the street"

That's the only point I'm making. They're really not worth it if you ask me. I swap my plate with a JDM Z33 Plate for car shows... A quick hit with my cordless impact and it's off and swapped.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
jennyzee

Has anyone used any of the RFID keyless entry systems? I saw they also have a proximity sensing keyless entry system, I was thinking about adding this the alarm I already have in my vehicle. I have seen the full keyless push button start alarm systems here on my350z before but at the time I was looking for just a system that would unlock the doors when I walked up to it. I have a Viper alarm right now, this RFID system looks like you could add to it whenever you wanted. They have all the extra pieces, like keyless push button start but everything is separate with this system. Its the uni-rfid system they have on there....
Old 11-23-2011, 08:06 AM
jennyzee

Originally Posted by MeinVinyl
well, the plate pictured looks like a motorcycle plate as it's smaller.

The few digital ones I've come across have to be listed as "off road use only" because they are illegal. On the street, if a cop asks you why you have it and you say for car shows, etc, a judge would say "then take it off when you drive on the street"

That's the only point I'm making. They're really not worth it if you ask me. I swap my plate with a JDM Z33 Plate for car shows... A quick hit with my cordless impact and it's off and swapped.
Yeah, I hear ya...two bolts and your done...cheaper fix...lol
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder what the fine for one of those is in cali?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hide a plate in 2.5 seconds,

get a ticket in 1.3
Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
halfrice

id rather run one of these:
http://www.altecproducts.com/
seems less obvious
Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just buy a lidar jammer, a lot easier to hide, but those are also illegal in Cali. Saw one on a GT-R at Formula D and you barely notice it. saw the hide-a-way license plate at SEMA but they wanted $150 for something i could make in better quality for less. What are you really gonna do with it anyways dont have enought time as your running the light to flip it down. lol. just my opinion