Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Fake Bride seats????

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011 | 11:44 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by Row2K
OP, if you really want to consider rep Brides, you might be better off looking at these from a safety standpoint:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-2-BRIDE...item19c8ec888c

fabric might not last but as long as you DON'T run a 5 point harness (i'm assuming you have no rollbar/rollcage) you'll be safer with these vs those GIAS
That's still a KNOCK OFF seat, which is UNSAFE! There's no safety data on that seat, and the ad doesn't list the actual manufacturer so who's to say they're even half legit? For all we know, that seat could be made with the cheapest materials available and built by the least experienced person on Earth. Seats are a SAFETY ITEM, not a style item! This isn't a knock-off lip we're talking about. Seats can save a life or end a life. I will never recommend a seat that isn't manufactured by a company that at least holds FIA certification for another seat in their line-up. I assume that if they offer FIA approved seats, they know what they're doing.

If you're looking for affordable seats, we recommend OMP. If you can afford them, check out Status Racing. Less wait time than Bride, FULLY customizable, and safe. Sparco and Recaro are also good options, of course. And if you decide that you want to spend the cash for real Bride seats, we've got those in stock along with Status Racing seats and harnesses.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 12-19-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2011 | 04:04 PM
dvo

Always buy the real thing! Now that the replicas are getting better with the tags/stickers and whatnot, there are two other key things to look for.

on the middle cushion, "bride should never be cut off"

The easiest way for me to tell if they're real is on the plastic trim where teh harness would go through. The word "BRIDE" shold be embossed on it. While the replicas do have this, the replica seats usually have a visible square around the "BRIDE" word. Authentic seats do not have any type of square or circle around the word itself.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. $800 for a pair of seats that retail for $1800 each? That's got to be less than dealer cost on it so why would they sell it at a lost. Save your money and buy the real stuff.

A good alternative is Chargespeed seats. I think they might be made by the same manufacturer that used to make the signal auto seats but I could be wrong. Great quality and great pricing.
http://chargespeedusa.com/#/landing/racing_seats/
Old 12-19-2011 | 04:22 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

^Thank you for dropping the science
Old 12-19-2011 | 05:14 PM
DaProdigy

maybe reclining aftermarkets are all the same lol

Bride...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

Recaro...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xoauIutCmc

one can only imagine how an ebay replica would hold up.... ever seen top gun?

Last edited by DaProdigy; 12-19-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2011 | 05:28 PM
MUZZY

these are fake and will kill you in an accident
Old 12-19-2011 | 06:47 PM
Row2K

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
That's still a KNOCK OFF seat, which is UNSAFE! There's no safety data on that seat, and the ad doesn't list the actual manufacturer so who's to say they're even half legit? For all we know, that seat could be made with the cheapest materials available and built by the least experienced person on Earth. Seats are a SAFETY ITEM, not a style item! This isn't a knock-off lip we're talking about. Seats can save a life or end a life. I will never recommend a seat that isn't manufactured by a company that at least holds FIA certification for another seat in their line-up. I assume that if they offer FIA approved seats, they know what they're doing.

If you're looking for affordable seats, we recommend OMP. If you can afford them, check out Status Racing. Less wait time than Bride, FULLY customizable, and safe. Sparco and Recaro are also good options, of course. And if you decide that you want to spend the cash for real Bride seats, we've got those in stock along with Status Racing seats and harnesses.
Please don't misquote me. I didn't say they are safe, I said they are a better choice from a safety standpoint than the reclining bride knock off seats OP posted and I will stay with that statement as it is absolutely true considering methods of construction of the vast majority of fixed back seats. Unless you have something substantial to say about how sparco, recaro, omp or other fixed back seats differ in construction from every other fixed back fiberglass seat, please explain.

Also I am not intentionally demeaning the value of FIA certification as that is an additional piece of mind nor am I attempting to disregard the quality control that is performed by high end manufacturers, that being said I hope that we can have a constructive discussion on this without blanket marketing terms being thrown around or hot button terms that rally the troops such as KNOCK OFF!! yells. We all know these are knock offs and that you sell the real FIA certified seats.
Old 12-19-2011 | 07:29 PM
silverbullet_Z

No where did I say I'm buying the knockoffs it was more of just a showing about this knockoffs that are out there. Trust me I buy legit product that's the real thing, ex I have Volk GTS, chargespeed front bumper and the hebi bebi shift **** are just 3 quick examples of many of the non cheap crap I buy for my Z. So no worrys I'm not buying korean bride seats or whatever make they are, Japan only thank you .
Old 12-19-2011 | 08:03 PM
ambushphoto

How much worse can these fakes be vs. the Ractive or APC seats that are only a few hundred a piece?
Old 12-19-2011 | 08:18 PM
mr. sparco

They are great as office chairs.
Old 12-20-2011 | 01:31 AM
silverbullet_Z

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
They are great as office chairs.
Old 12-20-2011 | 10:38 AM
dvo

threaded insert ripped right out of this fake sparco.

more info here: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=930854

Last edited by dvo; 12-20-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2011 | 11:55 AM
jmahad01

^ wow thats crazy...
Old 12-20-2011 | 08:47 PM
Row2K

Originally Posted by dvo
threaded insert ripped right out of this fake sparco.

more info here: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=930854
agreed, that's pretty crazy
Old 12-20-2011 | 08:59 PM
Row2K

If you read a bit more into that thread it looks like there was a good chance those were REAL sparco seats....just 10 year old sparco seats, but a good chance they were in fact REAL. Still, I for one am staying the F-away from bottom mounted race seats and sticking to side mounts. yikes!