30% Tint
Passport 8500 Hardwire
SKiDaZZLe® Grounding Kit
STOCK air filter
JDM Sport Horns
REEN CF emblem fills
Evil

Looks like your one of the heard.
OMG! JDM Sport horns?! Must add HP!! CF EMBLEMS?!?! OHGODRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCEE!!!

Of course, I'm just kidding.

Articfury is right on the money.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:35 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jeffrey
OMG! JDM Sport horns?! Must add HP!! CF EMBLEMS?!?! OHGODRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCEE!!!

Of course, I'm just kidding.

Articfury is right on the money.
The CF fills are ABSOLUTELY rice, I will not defend that, but they only cost twenty bucks. The horns? They're loud and scare people. The grounding kit? Doesn't make any power difference on my car, but does smooth out the idle. I had a very rough idle before the kit went on.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:56 AM
droideka

Originally posted by articfury
Beyond that, if you don't like it, and don't want to provide constructive beneficial input, move on. If you feel it is your destiny help save people from themselves (seems like a strange roll for Droid ) try the constructive input I mentioned above.

Back to the thread,

Any new info?

D
It is a strange role for me, but for every person that I can convince to go to the track, just one time, that's one less person that we'll have to read about who spun their Z in a corner and ****ed up their car.

And for the record, I know how abrasive my first post was. It was not constructive in the least and the absurdity of this diffuser pushed me over the edge.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:14 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by droideka
First, I am a dick.
I can vouch for that!
Old 12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Ultimateone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh,
Lets go back to the original thread!

Jay any more info
Old 12-31-2003, 05:06 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by articfury Actually, Phoenix, as has been documented on this board before, the grounding kits do add measurable amounts of power. Moreso than some so called CAI.
I dyno'd my grounding kit.

Zero gain. Which if you have been able to break physics and measure an amount of nothing, then sir you are correct... the gain WAS measurable!

They do look nice though!

Last edited by PhoenixINX; 12-31-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
supra crazy

if i get the rear diffuser a peice of flat metal and a top secrete front diffuser it may work?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:21 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Droid,

Your efforts to get people out to the track are valiant, on this I agree with you.

PS

Your not as much a dick as you would have everyone else here believe.

Phoenix,

Nice quip. You do realize, that your car is not the only car that has ever used a grounding kit, right? Others have dynoed and posted repeatable numbers. Maybe they were posted when you were banned Additionally, the benefit that Droid mentioned of smoothing out the idle is worth the cost alone.

Another thing that I didn't point out to Droid's original post. Because of the attention that Nissan paid to the airflow under the 350Z, especially on the aero package equipped cars (i.e. Track) a properly designed diffuser very well could show benefits at the track. I am not sure though how the add downforce at the rear would affect the turn-in on higher speed corners. The front might be a bit loose. Trial and error is the only way to find out without wind tunnels and major software. A front diffuser, ala Top Secret, would probably be a nice complement to a rear diffuser like this one. That might help the front/rear balance.

D
Old 01-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by articfury
Because of the attention that Nissan paid to the airflow under the 350Z, especially on the aero package equipped cars (i.e. Track) a properly designed diffuser very well could show benefits at the track. I am not sure though how the add downforce at the rear would affect the turn-in on higher speed corners. The front might be a bit loose. Trial and error is the only way to find out without wind tunnels and major software. A front diffuser, ala Top Secret, would probably be a nice complement to a rear diffuser like this one. That might help the front/rear balance.

D
you dont necessarily have to adjust the front end of the car's underbody to take advantage of a rear diffuser.. the main goal is to smooth as much as the air flow as possible for the air to exit the underside of the car nicely.. you've got alot of things to make air turbulent. you got exhaust pipes bending here n there. rear suspension moving... and to those ppl that went to dual exhausts... you now get rid of nissan's stock rear diffuser-.. if you look at it, there is a triangular piece that comes out , extending the front of the muffler as close as possible to the rear axle.. that is to start channeling as much of the air as possible to flow over the smooth surface of the stock muffler.

granted there is probably no benefit of adding any type of diffuser to the stock exhaust.. there is already one! all you really need to do is add to end pieces to make sure the air flow is straight and out. instead of leaking to the sides and gettting mixed up with the airflow from the rear tires.

i see no reason NOT to add one for those with the angled injen SES or dual RSR or whatever.. its just replacing what was originally there..

you can get nearly the same affect of all of this by lowering the car a little more in the front than the rear.

you dont have to be driving 200 mph for this thing to work. it will work at any speed. you just will feel lesser of the effects. what probably is more imporant is flat road surface for it to work with.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:49 AM
toykilla

any new info? where are the pics of the rest of the diffuser?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:08 AM
toykilla

bumpy
Old 01-25-2004, 06:16 AM
toykilla

i guess this project was dropped
Old 01-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Ultimateone

No Cheb is a busy guy and wouldnt waste all this time with R&D....it will come out
Old 01-25-2004, 10:59 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Ultimateone
No Cheb is a busy guy and wouldnt waste all this time with R&D....it will come out
this is EVO-R's thread, not Cheston's.

EVO-R tends to take a long time on their projects, like those LED lights. So I wouldn't expect these out anytime soon.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Ultimateone

Oops yup this is Jay's thread
Old 05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
spdu4ia

bump^ i WANT IT
Old 06-23-2004, 01:36 PM
SEzzz

BUUUUUUUUUUUMP
Old 06-23-2004, 04:15 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have test fitted the one shown. They really look great. But it makes the rear clearance very low. I would suggest use it for show car only. I don't want to see anyone waste it by the car behind you. hehehe...
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
spdu4ia

pics? expected date of completion?
Old 09-11-2004, 06:38 AM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

I tested the rear diffuser on a 350Z with fuhisubo exhuast on it. The diffuser was alot lower than what I expected. Only leave you 2 inch ground clearence. The center part of the diffuser is too low. Anyone put this on, will crack it on the street. But would be cool for show cars and track cars. I didn't bother take a picture, since it is too low. Maybe work better on Z with Tanabe or Invidia exhaust. Those exhaust center part is clear out. I'll try to get a car with those exhaust on. - Jay
Project still on. not dropped. Like Vic said... "take a long time "

Quick Reply: 350Z carbon Fiber rear Diffuser