Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory aero kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 02:00 PM
trackstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory aero kit

Does anyone know exactly what is included with the track aero kit package, or the optional aero kit for the other trim levels (I assume they are the same)? PN's would be great. I want to add the zero-lift package to my enthusiast, and I believe I can get it cheaper from CZP or Performance than as a dealer option.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
MATIX

The factory aero package is basically nothing...its the rear wing and a tiny under spoiler for the front bumper htat you cant even really see
Old 12-30-2003, 04:29 PM
trackstar

Hmmm. I heard it was mainly a rear underbody diffuser.

I am interested in the zero lift part, I could care less about the aesthetics (in fact, I don't like the oem rear spoiler at all).
Old 12-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Z4ToddB

Ya know...I splurged and got the whole aero pkg with my touring and the funniest thing is that even WITH the supposed under body diffusers, I don't notice anything! Matter a fact, on our last Palomar run here in SoCal, at speeds WELLLLLLLLL above 100, I saw no difference between my car and several others that didn't have the aero kit. Now, I'm no expert (Gee, shocked look on my face) but in retrospect, I wish I would've saved the coin and bought an aftermarket spoiler which I think (after having my Z for a while and comparing to others) look a lot better than the factory hump they call the spoiler. Anyway...just my .02 on the matter
Late-
TB

P.S. I remember looking under the car for those diffusers, but ya know- I can't find em...hmmmmm, must be a stealth application! Or more likely I'm just stupid and don't know what I'm looking for!
Old 12-30-2003, 09:00 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if I recalled correctly, the Track Aero Package consists of front spoiler, deck spoiler, and underbody diffusers. The optional aero package for other models does not include the underbody diffusers.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:16 AM
JPizzle

heh, the package just kind of came in my deal (we negotiated pretty well, mind you), but it annoys me because I want to put an aftermarket spoiler on, but I feel that since I have the OEM I should just leave it as is. If I wouldn't have had it to begin with, I would have had that purty CF Nismo-like spoiler that I love oh so much.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:23 AM
trackstar

How many underbody diffusers are there? PN's would be great.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:23 AM
peptidbond

There is one under the front lip. This is the chin spoiler. There are two under the car and just forward of the rear suspension. They are ABS plastic. The muffler has and integrated diffusers. It is a metal sheet welded onto the muffler. Then you have the rear deck lid spoiler. The under-engine cover may also count as a diffuser, not sure. At any rate, those are the parts. What models they do and do not come on and what makes up the aeropackage is beyond me. However, I have the track model and all those parts are on my car.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:30 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by trackstar
Hmmm. I heard it was mainly a rear underbody diffuser.

I am interested in the zero lift part, I could care less about the aesthetics (in fact, I don't like the oem rear spoiler at all).
Only the Track model for 2003 had the underbody diffusers. I bought the aero kit thinking I was getting the spoiler, front lip and the diffusers. Not true, the spoilers front and rear are all you could get in 2003, probably 2004 as well.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
FLY BY Z

Anybody have a pic of the bottom of a Track?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
Anybody have a pic of the bottom of a Track?
You'll need to do a search, they were photographed when the NISMO body kits came out in Japan. That was quite awhile ago, you may get some help by pm'ing Mike the Administrator.