Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a Body Kit, but Need Opinions on the Rear...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Sentinelrv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Body Kit, but Need Opinions on the Rear...

I have a blue 2006 350z and am trying to put together a list of mods. For the body kit, I'm going with Veilside Version 3. I know a lot of people here don't like the aggresive front end on this kit, but I love it. Plus I've seen awesome pictures of it on this site in daytona blue.

My problem is that I can't stand the rear of the kit. Everything close to the exhaust looks horrible to me. I tried looking at other rear body kits for the Z, but I just can't seem to find anything I really like. So my question is, what do you think it would look like if I got the Veilside Version 3 front and sides, but left the rear stock? I just seem to prefer it over any other kit, but the question is will the stock rear line up with the rest of the Veilside kit or will it look awful? What do you think about this?

Also, one thing I might be able to do to fix up the rear a little bit is to add those rear fenders that are on the more expensive models. Would somebody be able to tell me what they're called and where I can find them? I circled them in red in the picture below...

Last edited by Sentinelrv; 01-16-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Veilside v1 does have an aggressive front end.You will need something
in the rear of your car to compliment the styling of this kit.The part that
you circled is called a rear splash guard.You may be referring to a component
that is used in this area.Could be Nismo style rear add-ons...?These are
available through many sources in FG and CF.The authentic ones are done
in a poly.These would help with the line of your car should you not choose
to go with the Veilside rear.I'd think you would look for a rear diffuser if you
went with the rear add-ons on the stock rear bumper.You may also want to
go with the Veilside wing inplace of the one you have.Not a fan of your tails.
IMO,will ricerize your body kit if you went the Veilside route.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Your also going to need more aggressive wheels .
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They're called splash guards.

They don't guard from splashes that well.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 AM
TimsZee

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't want to do anything fancy to the rear, maybe a bumper tuck might be a good idea.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Sentinelrv

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Your also going to need more aggressive wheels .
I was going to wait until I got the body kit on to see what they looked like before I considered changing the wheels. I really like the set I have now.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you getting an authentic V3 kit?

Just so you know - fitment on the knock offs (replicas) for the v3 front bumper is quite horrible and you'll either deal with it looking like crap and being gapped up, saggy, etc or you'll spend a ton of money in body work for them to try and make it look right.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Sentinelrv

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Are you getting an authentic V3 kit?

Just so you know - fitment on the knock offs (replicas) for the v3 front bumper is quite horrible and you'll either deal with it looking like crap and being gapped up, saggy, etc or you'll spend a ton of money in body work for them to try and make it look right.
I'm basing my car somewhat off of another member of this forum who has the same color as mine. I believe his name is Ricky...

https://my350z.com/forum/members/90741-a3vt-74.html

Veilside USA closed up from what I hear, so I was looking through Ricky's posting history and he mentioned that he got his kit from mvpmotorsports.com. I want to get an authentic Veilside kit, so I'm assuming the one he got from this website was real. If not, please let me know. I also don't like the way the Veilside spoiler hangs off the back of the car, so I think I'm going to get the nismo spoiler again.

About the picture I posted above, that is the car I used to have, but had to sell for financial reasons. I recently bought another newer one in the same color. I'm not sure if I'm going to put those same tail lights on, because as someone else said, there would be too much going on in the back. I think I like the red lights better for what I'm going to do anyway.

Now I haven't said I'm not going to get the rear kit yet. There are things about it I like and dislike. In different photos I've seen the very bottom of the rear kit missing, so I'm guessing it must be something I can take off? It's the piece that goes under the muffler. It just looks like too much is going on there to me, so if I could remove part of it, I might reconsider.

Also, as someone who's never had a body kit before, is there anything important you guys think I should know about installation or even just maintaining it? I know it's closer to the ground and easily breakable. I'll just have to drive more carefully.

Last edited by Sentinelrv; 01-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The member you're talking about had an authentic Veilside kit with Vossen wheels.

For buying an authentic Veilside kit from VS Japan, I would suggest Bulletproof Automotive as they are importers and can get authentic items straight from Japan. It may cost more on the front end to buy authentic, but it will look and perform as expected. I can't say as much for a lot of the replica stuff out there, because many of those companies are just out to cash in on someone else's design and make a quick profit.

I've dealt with Bulletproof and they are top notch (they got me my First Molding rear diffuser).

Link to V3 Front Bumper: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...ail.php?ID=973
Link to V3 Sides: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...ail.php?ID=974

Just in case you haven't seen them before, here are some other long nose front bumpers that are alternatives to the V3 longnose -

Top Secret Super G-Force Widebody Longnose: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=7185

Ings +1 E-type Longnose: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=3757

Top Secret Type 2 Longnose: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=4121
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Sentinelrv

Thanks for those links. The one thing I am going to need to know though is where I can take the car to get everything installed. I think I'm going to get the whole car repainted as well since there are some chips and scratches that I can't fix, plus I'm not sure if the current paint is faded at all. I want everything to match up perfectly.

I'm in South Jersey, close to Wilmington Delaware. Is there anybody that can be recommended that specializes in this type of work and is really good at what they do, especially the paint job? My biggest fear is spending all this money and then having the body shop screw up the paint job or not fitting the body kit correctly. Should I make a different thread about this issue since it's beyond the topic of my original post? It would probably net me a lot more responses.

Last edited by Sentinelrv; 01-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Try checking out the North East Market Place forum here.
There's a link on top for Shop/Dealer Reviews & Recomendations.

You can also contact the Z Association of New York (ZANY). http://www.zanyz.com
Maybe some of their members can help you out.

IMHO Don't buy replica's!