Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 'Silver Turn Signal Bulbs'? Look Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 09:56 AM
350zluvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big booty hoes... don't you love 'em
Old 02-19-2004, 10:21 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Actually......... The front passenger went in pretty smooth but the front driver and rears were a pain.

It's cool........They look S W E E T!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
wren57
Banned

Heres a link to a writeup I did on these and the ARES LEDs...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=61503
Old 02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
silverstoneTT

Hmmmm... Bad news I think. Well I put my lights in today. First, they do not go in all the way like the stock turn signals or they aren't meant to. Either way, in the process of putting it in, the glass became loose, leaving some orange dust stuff on the inside of my headlight assembly. It wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that I had so much trouble getting my passenger side turn signal in and turned correctyl that in the process, the bulb would either stop working because of slight moevement and then ultimately came apart. I just emailed them tonight to see what they can do but Im a little angry. They took forever to ship and then one breaks in the process of installing.

HOWEVER, Ares' led parking lights in the front look nice and the evostyle bulbs look good too. They dont have the same amber color when blinking, they have a deeper color.

Im gonna be pissed if they dont send me one for free or just charge me shipping or something...Ill let you guys know what happens. Just realize they arent perfect before you order.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:04 PM
350zluvr

I have already installed mine in the rears and I'm waiting to get in Ares's LED parking lights before I install the front Evovision bulbs. I ran into the same problem when I I tried installing the turn signals in the rear. I simply trimmed the extruding piece on the bigger flat spot of the base of the bulb. That made the glass bulb become a little loose, but nothing that would make it fall out or not function properly. I must say that I turned on my hazards for a moment after installing each bulb to make sure they work. As far as them becoming inoperable after harsh ride I really couldn't say since i've only recently installed them. I'm guessing that if they stop working our turn signal indicator inside the vehicle should blink rapidly letting me know.

I have already informed Mark with Evostyle about this situation and described to him as best as I could my "custom solution".

Weird thing is that the rear side blinker location requires a 7440 bulb, but the Evovision bulbs are the second pair I tried installing and they had the same fitment issues. The original bulb has a thinner glass base.

All I can say to help out the installation of this is just place the base of the bulb into the socket and see what goes where and which areas you are going to have to trim a little bit.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:50 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put mine in tonight, TX, damn you were right, it was a mtherfker to get those bulbs in the back!!!! I kept thinking i was going to crack the blub.

Believe it or not, I actually got the fronts in without jacking the car up and taking the underside of the fenders off. I just sorta carefully maneuvered in there with my fingers. I dont have the smallest hands in the world so I was actually quite surprised! That is the power of laziness!!!
Attached Thumbnails Need 'Silver Turn Signal Bulbs'? Look Here!!!-evo-front-small-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2004, 09:53 PM
___DJK___

the rear bulb....and gratuitious wheel shot
Attached Thumbnails Need 'Silver Turn Signal Bulbs'? Look Here!!!-chrome-evo-bulb-rear-custom-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2004, 09:59 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this seems to be a difference between 7440 and 7443. atleast on LED bulbs they both use the same base, the only difference being that 7443 is dual filiment meant for a brake light. however thats not the only difference... 7443 has little raised wedges that click in very nicely in a brake lamp socket(give it a shot)

but they wont fit the turn signal sockets. if you grind the wedges off, itll fit in(Ive never noticed them to be loose). of course again, I work only with plastic bases, which are easy to grind with a dremel. whole different story with glass, dont know if thats particularly safe or not.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:40 AM
silverstoneTT

Well, put in a good word for Evostyle, they responded to my email very quickly and said they would send me a replacement bulb at no cost and asked that I send them the damaged one in the mail for them to see what the problem was.

I don't hate them anymore but im going to have to see if I can slide my hands in like __DJK__ so I don't have to lift the car up
Old 02-21-2004, 09:32 AM
drew703

Thumbs up wow!

I ordered a set from evostyle, and MAN they got here fast as hell! I ordered on the 18th, shipped out the next day, they just came to my doorstep about 10 min ago! I'm very pleased so far, they look good, packing was very nice.

They wont go in until March 6th, because I'm getting my headlights cleared, so I figured I'm gonna try and wait for the whole "clear" look

Pics will definitely be posted as soon as I can

-drew
Old 02-21-2004, 09:39 AM
350zluvr

The base of the bulb does seem to be plastic and the bulb of course is glass. I found it very easy to trim the base by just using an exacto knife.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:17 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Got my set today, i'll probably do it this week...

Nice packaging, tho the box smells like an anus.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:39 PM
juhko

Default Weird...

It's weird that some of you have had some installing/fitting problems because my EVOstyle bulbs popped in with no problems at all (although I had someone with little hands help me do it the easy way ).

BTW, could someone PM if they know where/how I can get that damn amber strip up the side removed...?
Old 02-21-2004, 06:38 PM
silverstoneTT

Am i the only who is not liking these bulbs? At night, I just noticed, they are nowhere near as bright as the stock ones. It makes sense since they chrome color wouldnt allow it to be as amber in color or as bright. I put the turn signal on and thought it wasn't working, thats how dim it is in comparison to stock.

I'm thinking I may just end up going back to stock. Maybe I'll just sell mine when I get my replacement bulb.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:51 PM
___DJK___

Its a turn signal, how bright does it need to be??
Old 02-21-2004, 07:53 PM
silverstoneTT

Im not sure, but I always liked the fact that my turn signal was a LOT brighter than everyone elses. Maybe your right.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:03 PM
juhko

Sounds like you got a bum pair. Everyone else, including me, says they are just as bright as stock (in the daytime!). I went through two sets of "silver bulbs" before I bought the EVOstyle ones and they light up just as bright as the stock did.
From your installation description above I think the bulb may have loosened so much that it has somehow screwed up the filament and reduced the brightness because these things certainly don't look dim at all.
You should see if EVOstyle will replace the pair and then report back.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:12 PM
silverstoneTT

Sounds like you got a bum pair. Everyone else, including me, says they are just as bright as stock (in the daytime!).
Does that mean you guys have noticed that they aren't as bright at night? Or is it true that, in installing them, something happened that cause them to get less bright...?

If anything, Im going to write to them and refer them to this thread. I definetly want a new set now if it's true that my set got damaged. This stinx a lot.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:04 PM
___DJK___

Mine are not as bright as stock, but are definitely bright enough.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:22 PM
wren57
Banned

Good lord, how bright do you want your bulbs to be? You are gonna send them back because they *might be *slightly less bright than stock? Geez, just deal with it, it's not like anybody is gonna ever know...

Quick Reply: Need 'Silver Turn Signal Bulbs'? Look Here!!!