Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z HID kit concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Jacob Kalina

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350z HID kit concerns.

Hey everyone. I own an 03 350z enthusiast model. Just have a few questions as far as HID kits go. I recently purchased a zentec (trash) 8000k kit. Needless to say as expected one of the lights went out 35 min after installation. No I did not touch the bulb and yes I made sure they were clean going in. Just assuming that you get what you pay for :/ Anyways to the point. I have been searching the HID kit threads on here and can't find any relatively recent ones. I am wanting some thoughts on a decent kit out there that isn't going to go out the same day I install it Any thoughts on models/brands/ watts? anything will help. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 350z HID kit concerns.-edited.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Why do you need an HID kit? The Enthusiasts came with HID lights from the factory. If you want to replace the lights, all you would need would be some new light bulbs.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Doesn't the 03 Enthusiasts already come with HID? Mine did. Why the hell did you get a completely different one instead of just simply changing the bulbs?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Jacob Kalina

The bulbs that I took out were not HID's... they were just a two prong standard bulb :/ I'm now starting to think that the owner of this car before me has replaced the headlight assemblies.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
BahamaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 03 Enthusiast came equipped with HID as well. The base models come with halogen headlight assemblies that use a 6 prong connector. HID ready models come with a 8 prong connector, so you could check that out first to see if the previous owner did some kind of modification *that would have been foolish on their part if you ask me*. Like everyone else said all you should have needed to do was change the bulbs on your car because it should be HID equipped.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Jacob Kalina

This is the bulb that came out. It's a halogen just want you to see the connection side.
The following users liked this post:
evo8jp (08-23-2017)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Jacob Kalina

Default Bulb that came out

Attachment 347893
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Jacob Kalina

Can someone without trolling answer this question.. My vin # pulls up my car as an enthusiast model.. I bought it titled as enthusiast but yet it has all cloth interior and no cruise.. Is it possible that it's just a base?! Is there a certain way to tell what trim it is?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
KornerCarver

If there is no cruise control, you have a Base model. The good news is you have the lightest model and therefore the quickest.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Jacob Kalina

Hehe Thank you KornerCarver
Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 AM
YardieXplorer

Its a far stretch but Im scratching my head just thinking about this. Do all the vin#'s match up that are etched on the various body parts? Would hate for the vehicle to have been in an accident and certain parts were pulled from an enthusiast model.

Worth a shot
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Jacob Kalina

Could be a possibility.. I know the headlights have been replaced. They are definitely not oem. I'm just going to take in that it's a base model. No cruise. Nothing extra.. just a beefy motor hehe, it dyno'd 244 with only a borla catback and an AEM short ram.. so I guess it being a little beefy on the motor is a plus.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by YardieXplorer
Its a far stretch but Im scratching my head just thinking about this. Do all the vin#'s match up that are etched on the various body parts? Would hate for the vehicle to have been in an accident and certain parts were pulled from an enthusiast model.

Worth a shot
My vin shows that it is an enthusiast but it is indeed a base.

Then again my car was never sold, it was a Nissan executive's at US Headquarters. Got it with 2k miles fresh from Tennessee.

I don't mind not having cruise or other stuff, however I do wish I had a LSD
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM
SQuaLZ

Regarding the HIDs, I have had GREAT experience from HIDEXTRA.com. Out of the 5 kits I bought (for girlfriend, family, and friends) only 1 bulb went out after about 2 years.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Jacob Kalina

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Regarding the HIDs, I have had GREAT experience from HIDEXTRA.com. Out of the 5 kits I bought (for girlfriend, family, and friends) only 1 bulb went out after about 2 years.
Wow! Thank you That's what I was wanting to hear when starting this thread lol. I'll check them out. I've already went through two bulbs with this crap Xentec.. Get what you pay for. Once of the ballasts went out too. >_< Did you get the 55w or the 35?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by Jacob Kalina
Wow! Thank you That's what I was wanting to hear when starting this thread lol. I'll check them out. I've already went through two bulbs with this crap Xentec.. Get what you pay for. Once of the ballasts went out too. >_< Did you get the 55w or the 35?
No problem. I got the 35w for all kits.

Coupon Codes

15% off $50+ : twithid

10% Discount : NEWFB
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM
YardieXplorer

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
My vin shows that it is an enthusiast but it is indeed a base.

Then again my car was never sold, it was a Nissan executive's at US Headquarters. Got it with 2k miles fresh from Tennessee.

I don't mind not having cruise or other stuff, however I do wish I had a LSD
Glad the OP never had a wrecked car. But in response to this..It seems Nissan is becoming quite the misrepresenting company now. haha. I have Xentec in my integra that the gf drives and I had them in since Jan 12 and none have blown. Only issue I had was my ballast went when I did a engine bay wash and one of them got wet. It sent it back to them saying it failed and they replaced it.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
KornerCarver

Where is the information coming from that the VIN identifies the model? I have never been able to put in my VIN and come up with the model. My title doesn't show the model either, it just states Nissan 350Z.