Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shine body kits/parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:19 PM
TunnyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shine body kits/parts

So, I've decided my 2,000 bucks is going to be spent on a body kit. I have rear damage on my Z from a lady hitting me in the parking lot.

So instead of repairing it with OEM I figured to just go for it and get a kit.

I hear nothing but good from the people who have Shine body kits. So I have a few questions.

1. I like the Spec-A kit. Is that rear "half bumper" a whole new piece or just a add on or what?

2. Is there anyway you guys know of to get it cheaper than published price?

3. Does anyone have the Spec A kit with a different rear? I'm not really liking the rear but the rest is awesome. What other rear bumpers would sit flush with the rest of this kit?

4. Other than Shine, I have a guy who is willing to sell my an Extreme Dimensions kit for half price. I have heard very negative things so far with them. Any thoughts on the quality and fitment?

Thanks for any heads up. I just want to get a good product with minimal headache.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

1. The Spec A is the Amuse replica, the rear is just an add on/lower half bumper lip.

2. Call Ken and let him know you're a member on this forum, he is very reasonable. Never responds to PMs but occasionally answers the phone at his warehouse. He is also on AOL AIM if you want to talk to him directly. It's KenShine or something along those lines, I don't use AIM anymore.

3. You can mix and match parts from Shine, I have bought mix and matched aero.

4. ED has gotten better but the quality, fit, and finish is no where near the quality of Shine. They do work with you if the kit is off fitment. PM the vendor here for best pricing.

*This is all from first hand personal experience, I still own Shine and ED aero parts- mostly collecting dust in the garage.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
TunnyZ

Well from what your saying I need a different rear, because mine is damaged. It's ok though i didn't really like that half bumper anywho.

Does anyone know of a good flush looking rear that would go with the rest of the Spec-A kit?

And also for the price, would it be justifiable going with ED and having more fitment issues in your guys opinion? I am on a budget afterall.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
fzero

Here's a site with all the bodykits for the 350z http://nissan350zbodykit.com , I went with the top secret diffuser since I wanted to keep the stock lines of the car, but the chargespeed rear looks good with amuse since they are both aggressive
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM
mr. sparco

If you do the body work it is worth it, if you let a body shop to do it, the cost can skyrocket (assuming the fitment is pretty bad).
Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 AM
fzero

I would stick with shine even if it cost like 400 or something since it should fit well, ken is a pretty good guy that will stick by his product, I bought my diffuser from him and it had some defects within the cf weave and he paid for return shipping and sent out a another one, the only problem is actually catching him on the phone or getting emails returned in a timely manner since he is pretty busy. Check out exterior vendor section for MVP Motorsports selling shine parts for better pricing than direct.

Last edited by fzero; 05-16-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: sp
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 AM
TunnyZ

Funny you mention mvp motorsports. i have pmed them already for pricing. they quoted me $5 more than the price was on shine`s website?

I have asked them for a better price. ill let you guys know what he says.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM
TunnyZ

Mvp motorsports has replied back. basically he says shine doesnt offer discounts. people by from mvp because they are easier to get ahold of.

So any other ideas how to get a better deal? Im all for suggestions.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 AM
fzero

I guess it was different when I asked them for a quote for nismo v2 front bumper with carbon lip, was cheaper thru mvp cause they didn't charge me tax I guess. maybe things have changed. But unless you live in socal, Shine will give you a better deal picked up at their warehouse if you pay cash, got friends there or planning a road trip? lol
Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM
TunnyZ

haha i wish man! I'm still undecided on going with shine or ED for the price.

I don't mind putting the time in to get it right just as long as it turns out well in the end. 500 for a ED and work, or 1600+ for shine and less work...

Which one to go with idk yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
mr. sparco

Shine = practically 0 body work with OEM fit, lightweight, and great paint adhesion.

ED more prone to chipping, slightly heavier, will have some paint adhesion issues, surface is basically the same material as a plastic milk jug with fiberglass backing.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:15 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my diffuser from Ken at shine and he helped me shipped it halfway around the world. Beautiful finish and work
Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 AM

i've bought from ED before and it was horrible. nothing close to OEM. I've switched things up and have a A-spec front and front diffuser. it fits perfectly. I would go with shine for less headaches
Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 AM
z2envy

I love my shine front and rear diffusers. But I hate my extreme dimension amuse front bumper... I should of paid for the shine version but I thought I was getting a decent bumper. Go for shine man. Extreme d blows. I will be getting the shine version soon. Call and talk to ken. He is super busy and they just moved recently to a new shop.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 PM
TunnyZ

Well, it looks as if i need to go the shine route via all your suggestions.

As for fitting them and what not, what kind of materials and tools will i need?

I'm guessing a drill and some bits, hardware, fiberglass and resin, assortment of sandpaper, sanding block. Anything else I may need? Just trying to take it all in as fast as possible, and you guys always have some good input.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone has just stated that with shine products you aren't going to need any of the above besides basic tools to dismantle and reinstall your bumper with close to no mods
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM
TunnyZ

Originally Posted by NOLAGG
Everyone has just stated that with shine products you aren't going to need any of the above besides basic tools to dismantle and reinstall your bumper with close to no mods
I always plan for the worse. So worst case scenario i figure i might need to do some minor fiberglass work. Whether it be a shipping error or whatever.

That's why I'm asking what kind of things I may need to get the whole job done. I don't want my car sitting in pieces for weeks on end because I didn't have my **** together before hand you know? Just being cautious.

With that said am I missing anything?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:04 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I've only bought one item from Shine, which was their replica Top Secret rear diffuser, but for the price the quality and fit are very good. I would highly recommend Shine.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM
TunnyZ

Just got off the phone with Ken! I finally got ahold of him.

He's giving me a 5% discount plus $25 off shipping!

Also he told me the fitment is spot on but i will have to cut the front bumper 5cm on both sides to make the lip sit flush. So far so good, should get by kit soon!!!!

Ken was a cool guy to deal with fyi. Will keep you all posted.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM
fzero

cool, your bodyshop guy will thank you for going with a better fitting kit lol

Quick Reply: Shine body kits/parts