Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting My 350z Soft Top Changed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
ponyetr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting My 350z Soft Top Changed

OK, freaking out a little about this one. I got a new soft top for my 08 Z, because the old one got a nice little gash in the side. I've changed one before, and remember it was no cup of tea, since the whole assembly had to be removed to change it. I just didn't have the time to do this one, so I took it to a highly recommended upholstery shop in town, that does quite a few convertible tops and auto seats. They called me after about 6 hours, and said it was done, but could not get the top to function properly. Wonderful. I left early from work and headed there, and they told me they got it closed. When I showed up, tried to open it, it wouldn't. Finally got it somewhat open, but it keeps quitting. Would this be a limit switch somewhere? The thing that really freaks me out is he said they changed it without taking the assembly out. Not really sure how that's possible, but he assured me they did. I explained Nissan says the whole assembly needs to come out, and then the top changed. He couldn't understand why, because they were able to, but I pointed out it wasn't working. Anyways, any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyetr
OK, freaking out a little about this one. I got a new soft top for my 08 Z, because the old one got a nice little gash in the side. I've changed one before, and remember it was no cup of tea, since the whole assembly had to be removed to change it. I just didn't have the time to do this one, so I took it to a highly recommended upholstery shop in town, that does quite a few convertible tops and auto seats. They called me after about 6 hours, and said it was done, but could not get the top to function properly. Wonderful. I left early from work and headed there, and they told me they got it closed. When I showed up, tried to open it, it wouldn't. Finally got it somewhat open, but it keeps quitting. Would this be a limit switch somewhere? The thing that really freaks me out is he said they changed it without taking the assembly out. Not really sure how that's possible, but he assured me they did. I explained Nissan says the whole assembly needs to come out, and then the top changed. He couldn't understand why, because they were able to, but I pointed out it wasn't working. Anyways, any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance
No clue what could be wrong, but I'd be telling them you aren't paying a penny until it's done right. If there is any damage, make sure they are covering that too.