Sponsored by:

Shine Auto TS diffuser in Kevlar

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! This is the first time seeing it on the car and it looks a lot better than I expected. This is definitely something new and exciting the market hasn't seen much of and we're hoping it catches on.

Just to give the community some background info on this particular Carbon-Kevlar, we sought out this particular Carbon-Kevlar pattern for years because we felt it would excite the market place with more options for enthusiasts to put together a different look and feel for their cars in addition to what carbon fiber has already done. Japanese companies such as Backyard Special and Bride Racing Seats have used this particular pattern for a number of years now. As a manufacturer that can build various parts in different fabric options, we went out of our way to get our hands on this fabric and we're excited to build various products in this material for our clientele.

Any part we offer in carbon fiber, we can offer in this Carbon-Kevlar material. If you want something we build in this material, just simply tell me you want it in "JDM Plain Weave Carbon-Kevlar." As far as I know, we are currently the only company in the U.S that offers this material to the automotive industry.

We still do offer our traditional Twill Weave Carbon-Kevlar. Carbon-Kevlar is simply a hybrid material between carbon (black strands) and Kevlar (yellow) strands. It is about a 50/50 ratio between carbon and Kevlar giving the effect of a yellowish-greenish fabric on a finished product.

Our JDM Plain Weave Carbon-Kevlar has more carbon strands than Kevlar strands, which gives a darker grayer colored effect. Generally, carbon-Kevlar is stronger than carbon fiber. I would say something between 10-20% if I had to take a guess.

Carbon-Kevlar is also much harder to work with than carbon fiber. Special scissors need to be used and constantly replaced. Lamination time is also longer because the fabric is more resistant to contour around curves and edges. We charge more for a product in this material simply because the fabric is more expensive and exclusive than carbon fiber and the production time is increased, but I still think we are charging a very fair price for what you are getting. We use quality materials and our carbon or Kevlar parts have not seen yellowing like our competitors' products do and we've been in business since 2006. Having used to work for a company that manufactured carbon parts in China, I used to think all carbon parts eventually turned yellow in a period of 1 - 2 years. I personally have not seen any significant yellowing on our products and I really think that has to do with the quality of materials we are using. We've also been using better and better products as are our formula continues to evolve over the years and believe the consistency of the product will still be there for years to come.

Ken

Last edited by ShineAutoProject; 09-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Another important note. We've phased out our traditional Plain Weave Carbon-Kevlar. Anyone ordering Plain Weave Carbon-Kevlar items through our site will be receiving goods in our new JDM Plain Weave Carbon-Kevlar, just like the TS diffuser posted by the OP.

Here's an example of a part we still offer in our traditional TWILL weave carbon-Kevlar fabric.
Attached Thumbnails Shine Auto TS diffuser in Kevlar-img_6867-640x427-.jpg   Shine Auto TS diffuser in Kevlar-img_6868-640x427-.jpg  

Last edited by ShineAutoProject; 09-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome...i sent you a email a while back about ordering one in twill weave carbon fiber. i will contact you though email tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:17 AM
YellowEVOR

Perfect match with yellow. Good choice
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looooooove this car. well done.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
makaiborgesZ

what exhaust do you have? i feel like a lot of after market exhaust will not fit with this diffuser..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will Motordyne TDX2 exhaust work with this diffuser?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:03 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Deteria
Will Motordyne TDX2 exhaust work with this diffuser?
Have to cut to make it fit.