Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit a dog. Need a bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:03 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zsunshinefl
Ok all the trolls can come out now, we had our fun with the guy.

N80, 99% of the comments made in this thread about the dog are actually troll posts, they are just having a little fun trying to get the best out of you. , yes including me.

In all seriousness, yes it's sad that the dog died, but at the end of the day he died a far cleaner death then some of the PETA cases out there (i.e. owners torturing dogs, blowing them up etc)

With that said it seems like the consensus is to stick with oem bumper
I'd check out the classified for sale to see if you can get a good deal on the same color bumper or try courtesynissan.com
I know, even you. I made a nice little post the other day for you, then I deleted it 'cause it hammered you too much hehe! You call the attacks on this thread "fun"? At least he didn't crash his car and he, his wife or someone else get hurt! A GD dog got crunched, get over it. Have a good day
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I think that too many guys are being raised by their mothers now-a-days.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:10 PM
N80

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JCat
Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 PM
pagoda240

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCat
No - I think to many people are raised without Dads. So they don't know how to take responsibility for there actions or hold any regard for anything but themselves. Not directed totally at OP just my thoughts on the problem in today's society.

Last edited by pagoda240; 08-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You committed a crime when you left the scene. All we know about your potential murder of this dog is your explanation.

Last edited by RMichael; 08-08-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 PM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by N80
Well put man! I mean, what is this the View? Sounds like a bunch of bitchy women crying over a dead doggie. I see it as "great" that nobody got hurt in a possible car wreck! Some of these posts are plain F'n funny, yet a bit strange at the same time haha! I'd hate to go duck hunting with some of these guys for example (good hunting here in Utah); someone would make a great shot with their 12 gauge on a beautiful green head then start bawling about the awesome bird that they just killed

Last edited by BigBlue; 08-08-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 PM
pagoda240

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Well put man! I mean, what is this the View? Sounds like a bunch of bitchy women crying over a dead doggie. I see it as "great" that nobody got hurt in a possible car wreck! Some of these posts are plain F'n funny, yet a bit strange at the same time haha! I'd hate to go duck hunting with some of these guys for example (good hunting here in Utah); someone would make a great shot with their 12 gauge on a beautiful green head then start bawling about the awesome bird that they just killed
Can you please tell me when is Dog Season ? I want to make sure to keep mine inside. Apples and oranges ? Do you own any pets ,children or care about anything ? Maybe I can make you understand by saying he hit your car and the dog. Not that it effects you personally do you have any compassion. I still think maturity and compassion must have a direct correlation.

p.s. I was an Army Ranger, Personal Protection agent, shoot competitive and hunt but your right maybe i am a little bitchy

Last edited by pagoda240; 08-08-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Ak48z
Should of saved the dog and ran over the wife.

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
yeah lets put an animal's life before a human life...
Were you being serious?

Originally Posted by pagoda240
Can you please tell me when is Dog Season ? I want to make sure to keep mine inside. Apples and oranges ? Do you own any pets ,children or care about anything ? Maybe I can make you understand by saying he hit your car and the dog. Not that it effects you personally do you have any compassion. I still think maturity and compassion must have a direct correlation.

p.s. I was an Army Ranger, Personal Protection agent, shoot competitive and hunt but your right maybe i am a little bitchy
Maturity is most likely not a strong suit for him...

Last edited by Syner; 08-08-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
BigBlue

I played college football, martial arts, boxed and always get plenty of respect from people who know me, or not, since you are making your list of what a stud you think you are. I say keep Fluffy on a leash and out of the road! You dog owners pay attention and decide if you want you pooch running out in the street. I had a dog years ago that got hit/killed, don't know how it happened and it was very sad for the whole family, but owners need to follow certain rules to keep their pet's safe. This entire thread wouldn't exist "if" the dog's owner would have done a better job.

Last edited by BigBlue; 08-11-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
Were you being serious?
I was being sarcastic, that's why I put the (...) at the end of that sentence.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Shoulda had Bridgestones.....

Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Ultra6

Things like this never really upset me until I got a dog of my own, then I understood. I'm not mad at N80 though, I'm mad at stupid ****ing pet owners that don't take the responsibility of pet ownership seriously enough. Dogs are dumb because we bred them to be. They run in the street because they don't know better. It's our responsibility to look out for them and give them a purpose since they wouldn't genetically exist if we didn't take wolves out of the wild and make them in to over populated toys for idiots.

I hate people.

Either way, yes, it would be wise for any poster in the future to leave out whatever animal you killed when asking for deals on replacement parts as a result of said killing.

Last edited by Ultra6; 08-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 AM
N80

Originally Posted by RMichael
You committed a crime when you left the scene.
Nope. you don't know the law. The only actual crime committed was by whoever owned the dog and let it roam in the streets. ALL legal responsibility is with the owner.

All we know about your potential murder of this dog is your explanation.
Yep. And yet you still have an opinion.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 AM
N80

Originally Posted by Ultra6
Either way, yes, it would be wise for any poster in the future to leave out whatever animal you killed when asking for deals on replacement parts as a result of said killing.
Yep. But apparently on this forum if it had been a tree there would have been some mushy brained tree hugger weeping about the tree and accusing the OP of tree murder, hit and run and global warming.

Glad I was able to miss the baby polar bear.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 AM
N80

No - I think to many people are raised without Dads. So they don't know how to take responsibility for there actions or hold any regard for anything but themselves. Not directed totally at OP just my thoughts on the problem in today's society.
The OP is not the one getting all worked up here. I'm mostly just amused. And FIY, I'm taking full responsibility over the things for which I am responsible.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 AM
N80

Do you own any pets ,children or care about anything ?
Yes. All three. got an old Lab that is like a third child to me. I don't let him or my kids run around in the street.

And I think you, and many others, are confused about compassion. To hear about a dog you've never seen, from a person you do not know does not require compassion. For me to hit a dog, at no fault of my own, not knowing where it lives or who owns it, does not require compassion. It might make me feel bad (sympathy) briefly and I might speculate on how the owner might feel (empathy), if there was an owner, but that's about it.

Compassion is something directed at someone else. So you can't have compassion for a dead dog. I could have compassion for the owner if I knew and or met him. But there was no way to do that. So compassion is not the issue. Although critical thinking might be.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 AM
timeltel

Received 179 Likes on 124 Posts

A skunk tried to merge from the median in front of my Z. It was dark, hwy. speed and a semi was in the other lane. Options were limited. Even though it's apparent the critter made a poor choice I did experience three weeks of regret.
Peace.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:18 AM
N80

Originally Posted by timeltel
A skunk tried to merge from the median in front of my Z. It was dark, hwy. speed and a semi was in the other lane. Options were limited. Even though it's apparent the critter made a poor choice I did experience three weeks of regret.
Peace.
Did you need a new bumper?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We care more about dogs we don't know more than most humans we don't know because humans know the error in their ways. Who knows why the dog was in the street (could be owner fault, could be fence fault, could be leash fault, etc) but the part where you messed op is when you just drove off without a single fk given. Yes, I know there is nothing you could do (so you say) but how about show a little compassion towards the situation? It's not like you were at fault (?) but would you have drove off if the dog had been a kid? Also, you said you were in a neighborhood. Were you flying through the neighborhood not paying attention because that's what it sounds like. The reason I ask is because anytime you are driving through a neighborhood you should be driving slow and paying attention to both sides of the street. Had that been the case you might have seen the dog roaming around and proceeded to be extra cautious in fear that it might bolt. Then you wouldn’t have this unfortunate situation of a dog being killed and you having a wrecked bumper. Just saying.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 08-09-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM
SolePlayground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old dog passed years ago from getting ran over in my neighborhood. Your thread helped remind me. Thanks a lot :/

Quick Reply: Hit a dog. Need a bumper.