Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Secret Front Lip/Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Secret Front Lip/Diffuser

Does anyone know if this will fit the US model, and is carbon fiber better to get than FRP (there is about a $200 difference price wise).....thanks in advance for the help/suggestions...out
Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Red6

Default Re: Top Secret Front Lip/Diffuser

Originally posted by Road Warrior
Does anyone know if this will fit the US model, and is carbon fiber better to get than FRP (there is about a $200 difference price wise).....thanks in advance for the help/suggestions...out
Yes the Top Secret frot lip will fit the US model.

Carbon fiber Vs fiberglass. It just a matter of preferance.

Carbonfiber will not have to be painted but i would highy suggest geting it clear coated. It kinda 3d like if you seen it.

Fiberglass will have to be painted. It will chip alot becouse its painted and low to the ground.

If you going the get the fiberglass version I would get a custom clear bra on the lip. I did it with my car no chipping.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

the lip comes painted and clear coated (the bottom is painted black, and the c/f lip part is clear coated). i've had the lip on for a while now (i think april '03), and haven't had any problems with chips *knock on wood*. all that i did to it was clay bar and zaino polish. after that, it was pretty shiny. i'm happy w/ the cf. i say, if you can cough up the extra dough, go for it.

Last edited by NismoEagleRock; 01-27-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:31 PM
spf4000

Mine's coming in two weeks (or so promises Bulletproof automotive). I've been waiting for this sucker for two months now. I can't wait to get it! NismoEagleRock, what color is your car? I'm debating whether or not to paint mine CS to match the color of the car. I'm also considering painting a semi-clear coat of silver so that the cf shows through a bit.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
NismoEagleRock

Originally posted by spf4000
Mine's coming in two weeks (or so promises Bulletproof automotive). I've been waiting for this sucker for two months now. I can't wait to get it! NismoEagleRock, what color is your car? I'm debating whether or not to paint mine CS to match the color of the car. I'm also considering painting a semi-clear coat of silver so that the cf shows through a bit.

hey spf. i have a lemans sunset (it's the car pictured on my signature; there's a pic of the lip on my car there, also). painting it is really personal preference. being the carbon fiber ***** that i am, i left it the way it is. i like the contrast w/ the copperish color that the lemans sunset has. also, two months is a pretty good turnaround time. i waited 4 months before i got mine... but it was well worth it. here's what it looks like uninstalled.
Attached Thumbnails Top Secret Front Lip/Diffuser-dvc00814.jpg  
Old 02-02-2004, 06:50 PM
final gear

looks very sweet, what is the cost of that carbon lip? thanks
Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FinallY! A better view of the piece. So there's a cutout for oil filter change, eh? Is it more easily accessible than the stock cutout?

We have porblems reaching in there because the cutout isn't directly in view of the oil filter.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:27 PM
NismoEagleRock

honestly, i wouldn't know whether or not it's easier to reach the cutout on the diffuser. when i change my oil i don't even raise my car up. the oil change is done with the car at its normal ride height. i completely remove the top secret underbody diffuser every time i change the oil, which isn't really that much of a hassle anyway. and in doing this, i can use the torque wrench to apply the correct amount of torque to both the drain plug and the oil filter.

Originally posted by djtonium
FinallY! A better view of the piece. So there's a cutout for oil filter change, eh? Is it more easily accessible than the stock cutout?

We have porblems reaching in there because the cutout isn't directly in view of the oil filter.