Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR GT wing installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice! But $1200 is just too much. Is the spoiler wet or dry carbon? This spoiler will help your rear down force once you hit over 150MPH. I had one on my RX-7, really helps. Trying to break 300 KMPH now.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:59 PM
thackattk

Default Re: Re: Re: APR GT wing installed

Originally posted by tad
Is your car the same one that was at the SEMA Show?? Tad
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, it's the same car.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
thackattk

Default Re: umm

Originally posted by fluidz
looks ummm ........... nice.........now that you have your car looking the way it does, It needs like 500 hp, what happens when you pull up to a stock Z with a 50 shot of NOS and he blows you away.........Better tint your side windows 5% so they wont see you cry as they blow by..............I know its for show, but a car for show that has no go is ummm..........in my opinion useless.
Engine mods are in the future. Just takes time and money. My philosophy is to make the car look good, then it's easier to get sponsorships on other mods.
It wouldn't bother me to get beat by a faster car. The 350Z wouldn't have been my choice if that's all I cared about. Costs alot of money to make the 350Z extremely fast. My buddy at the shop got a EVO 8 that he's building. He spent around 7K and his car will be pushing an estimated 650 hp to the wheels soon. Just can't compete with that. I'm happy with my car the way it is, and in my opinion it will only get better with time.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:23 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

thackattk, Did you have to shave the base of the GT wing leg to make it fit perfect on the hatch? I had this problem when I try to install Vertex CF double deck GT wing on my Z. Is that wingmade for 350Z only or it is a universal wing? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2004, 04:37 PM
final gear

APR wing really work, I had the SCCA Pro racing wing on mine race car(98 GSR), at first, I wasn't too sure if it works on the front wheel drive cars, but after couple time trial runs on the track with and without the wing, I was able to cut down the time to almost 2 sec. now I'm try to save some $ for that wing to put on mine new Z !!!
Old 01-29-2004, 04:55 PM
silverstoneTT

i like that paint job and the side skirt piece things by the doors, i like the whole car actually. dont normally like those type of wings but like someone said, it looks like a really big and expensive toy to just go crazy in.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
thackattk

Originally posted by JDMZ33
thackattk, Did you have to shave the base of the GT wing leg to make it fit perfect on the hatch? I had this problem when I try to install Vertex CF double deck GT wing on my Z. Is that wingmade for 350Z only or it is a universal wing? Thanks!
It is a GTC 300 350Z Spec Wing. It fits the rear deck perfectly without any modifications. It's a brand new product and is not listed on their website.
They have the celica and supra spec listed on their website, but not the 350z yet.
If you contact them and want the 350Z Spec, they will make it.
When I ordered mine, it took them 2 days to make it, and I had it within a week shipped from California to Florida.
APR was a great company to work with. They seem to really go out of their way to please you.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:24 PM
jeffrey

I like GT wings a lot.

I actually like that one a lot too, it's just a little tall for my tastes. I wish they made a lower profile one.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:58 AM
derek_i

Originally posted by jeffrey
I like GT wings a lot.

I actually like that one a lot too, it's just a little tall for my tastes. I wish they made a lower profile one.
ditto

thackattk: Will you be going to the Z meetup next Fri (at Good Roads I think)? I'd like to see the car. I think ACP is bringing the twin turbo.

-D