Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2000 seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NotArustang
The better as im almost to the roof in mine. I guess i will just have to sit in them and figure a way to mount them
In that case it's not too bad of an idea but the fact remains they're expensive. I think you're better off either keeping the OEM seats or just saving for something you really want. I can understand if someone "gave" you a set but I wouldn't go out and pay that type of money for something that may not fit the way you envisioned.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
rotaryDial

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
I love my oem nismo seats lol. hold me in place just fine. i'm 5'10" 190lbs
^This. The only seats I'd replace the OEM nismos with would be the Juke Nismo seats, after an autocross run with my toosh in those seats I was sold.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheaper to buy aftermarket
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
NotArustang

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
In that case it's not too bad of an idea but the fact remains they're expensive. I think you're better off either keeping the OEM seats or just saving for something you really want. I can understand if someone "gave" you a set but I wouldn't go out and pay that type of money for something that may not fit the way you envisioned.
I dont know why people think they are so much cash. you kind find a set for 700 bucks. Plus I have looked for aftermarket leather seats and I'm worred about not fitting as im 6'4 230 pounds( not a lardass) plus with most aftermarket seats you will sit higher which means i would have to cut a aftermarket hole in my roof for my head.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I dont know why people think they are so much cash. you kind find a set for 700 bucks. Plus I have looked for aftermarket leather seats and I'm worred about not fitting as im 6'4 230 pounds( am a lardass) plus with most aftermarket seats you will sit higher which means i would have to cut a aftermarket hole in my roof for my head.
*fixed*
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
superstuddc27

Because of the depreciation in price, there are some high school kids driving around in the S and the S is an advanced car, even more so than the Z. You fall asleep at the wheel for a split second or even look away, and you're hitting a wall cause the steering in insanely sensitive. So seats and crap are always on craigslist and s2ki. I've seen seats go for around $500 for decent condition used. If the Honda delsol guys can make the seats work, you can make it work on the Z.

Kind of related, I bought no-name bench seats with a center console for my truck and it was really nice seating. I had a muffler shop that does metal work custom fabricate the bracket to fit in my 94 sierra. Paid about $80 and another $45 to buy the metal parts at the metal depot near my house. It's not hard, you can create your own bracket idea and sketch it out, it's basically a freaking square. I used hollow metal square tubes for risers and sheet metal as a platform. Make sure it's thick enough and if you're not using original bolt points youre going to need to drill and make sure you weld the nut on the other side of the floor board so you dont go flying out the window if you crash. EDIT: Weld the nut onto a metal sheet at least 2X2" and then weld that onto the floor board if possible. The latter isnt necessary though.
It's possible.

Last edited by superstuddc27; 11-11-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM
NotArustang

Originally Posted by Syner
*fixed*
clever no i just like sounding the lunk alarm in planet fitness

Last edited by NotArustang; 11-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Syner

clever no i just like sounding the lunk alarm in planet fitness
lol

Last edited by Syner; 11-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
NotArustang

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
Because of the depreciation in price, there are some high school kids driving around in the S and the S is an advanced car, even more so than the Z. You fall asleep at the wheel for a split second or even look away, and you're hitting a wall cause the steering in insanely sensitive. So seats and crap are always on craigslist and s2ki. I've seen seats go for around $500 for decent condition used. If the Honda delsol guys can make the seats work, you can make it work on the Z.

Kind of related, I bought no-name bench seats with a center console for my truck and it was really nice seating. I had a muffler shop that does metal work custom fabricate the bracket to fit in my 94 sierra. Paid about $80 and another $45 to buy the metal parts at the metal depot near my house. It's not hard, you can create your own bracket idea and sketch it out, it's basically a freaking square. I used hollow metal square tubes for risers and sheet metal as a platform. Make sure it's thick enough and if you're not using original bolt points youre going to need to drill and make sure you weld the nut on the other side of the floor board so you dont go flying out the window if you crash. EDIT: Weld the nut onto a metal sheet at least 2X2" and then weld that onto the floor board if possible. The latter isnt necessary though.
It's possible.
Thanks for the info
Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Doc_Z

My gf has a s2k. I can measure up the sizes compared to the z if I'm bored one evening. Personally I like the z seats more. I'm also 190lbs and 6ft. The s2k seats definitely have less padding and aren't that comfy on longer drives. Downright hard I'd say.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Doc_Z

Are you planning on loosing the airbags on the car? The z seats have side impact bags in the seats. Also, I'm pretty sure the safety systems in the car know if there is a passenger in each seat or not.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
NotArustang

Originally Posted by Doc_Z
Are you planning on loosing the airbags on the car? The z seats have side impact bags in the seats. Also, I'm pretty sure the safety systems in the car know if there is a passenger in each seat or not.
Doc all good points brought to the table. I think if i put in any other aftermarket seat im going to lose he airbag. and I wasnt aware the oem nismo seats had bags. i bought the car 3 days before i left the country. Plus if im not mistaken the dash bags will still deploy in a wreck. I just want to get rid of my oems and get a some leather seats without breaking the bank and at the same time not riding the ceiling. I also dont want to waste money on buy super low rails to see which one brings me closer to the deck of my car. If you or anyone knows a seat rail like buddy club or whatever that brings aftermarket seats lower then stock or around the same height please inform me
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Syner

2003 and 2004 did not have a weight sensor. I'm not sure about other years though.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM
NotArustang

My gf has a s2k. I can measure up the sizes compared to the z if I'm bored one evening. Personally I like the z seats more. I'm also 190lbs and 6ft. The s2k seats definitely have less padding and aren't that comfy on longer drives. Downright hard I'd say.
If you can please do. and if possible see how different the bolt patterns are from each other. I cant right now as the only seats im sitting in are gmv(humvee) seats Thank you

Last edited by NotArustang; 11-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
allshownogo

Originally Posted by HR.R-CING
sell your Z and go hit VTAK like the bumblebee you want to be.
your purpose behind bashing an s2k? not like our cars will blow past them. I4 2.2 vs V6 3.5, they can def keep up with our Z's, stock for stock.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
allshownogo

OP, anything is possible, just depends on if you're willing to spend the money it costs. form vs function and function vs cost.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by allshownogo
your purpose behind bashing an s2k? not like our cars will blow past them. I4 2.2 vs V6 3.5, they can def keep up with our Z's, stock for stock.
0-60 6.4 honda s2000 ap2

0-60 5.0 2008 350z

We will absolutely rip them, they have better opportunities to go fast though
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I dont know why people think they are so much cash. you kind find a set for 700 bucks. Plus I have looked for aftermarket leather seats and I'm worred about not fitting as im 6'4 230 pounds( not a lardass) plus with most aftermarket seats you will sit higher which means i would have to cut a aftermarket hole in my roof for my head.
Not in the Z's case… I sat about 2" lower when I added my Recaro's. I can barely fit in a S2k and that's only because my *** and legs are too big(Semi Lardass). What seats have you sat in? 700.00 for OEM seats that will eventually be stolen is probably why I'll never get them for my DelSol.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 AM
NotArustang

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Not in the Z's case… I sat about 2" lower when I added my Recaro's. I can barely fit in a S2k and that's only because my *** and legs are too big(Semi Lardass). What seats have you sat in? 700.00 for OEM seats that will eventually be stolen is probably why I'll never get them for my DelSol.
2 Inches wow. what seat rails did you use? See i dont know what aftermarket seat rails sits the lowest and no one has answered that question when i dug for it on threads. If i can find a brand of aftermarket rails that sit real low will will go with brides recaro's or whatever my mouse clicks on. The only real reason i want to go with the s2k seats are they are cheap, sit low, no one has done it before, and in my mind i would rather spend the time making them fit then going through aftermarket rails that say "super low" that arent super low. Now if anyone here know whats the lowest sitting aftermarket rails/frames please let me know too.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

2 Inches wow. what seat rails did you use? See i dont know what aftermarket seat rails sits the lowest and no one has answered that question when i dug for it on threads. If i can find a brand of aftermarket rails that sit real low will will go with brides recaro's or whatever my mouse clicks on. The only real reason i want to go with the s2k seats are they are cheap, sit low, no one has done it before, and in my mind i would rather spend the time making them fit then going through aftermarket rails that say "super low" that arent super low. Now if anyone here know whats the lowest sitting aftermarket rails/frames please let me know too.
I'm not sure exactly but I think they were Bride? My particular seats were Recaro SRIII.

Quick Reply: S2000 seats