Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

3M Vinyl + Dash kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014 | 11:07 PM
Cujucuyo

Question 3M Vinyl + Dash kit

Hey guys, quick inquiry, basically I've decided on the real carbon fiber dash kit from Carid, however I noticed my interior will still need some work since the kit will not cover everything and while I would love to have my parts redone in RCF by Toni, however I am simply too far away so costs would be above my budget when you think about shipping back and forth...

I was planning on having it wrapped in 3M's 1080 Brushed Titanium Vinyl and then adding the CF kit as intended.

What do you guys think? Or would the vinyl provide a bad surface for the RCF kit to be adhered to?
Old 01-05-2014 | 12:51 AM
JCITY
Banned

The dash kit will have no problem adhering to the vinyl as long as its squeaky clean.
Somehow I cannot picture what wou are trying to do.You are wraping then covering the wrap?For sure.the RCF kit does not cover curved areas.So,some sides would remain
OEM.
Seems a bit overkill to me.However.I've done stuff to my car that only sounded right to me.
What parts of your interior still would need work?
There could be matching CF parts to blend with the dash kit.
You may want to contact ZCF for advice of CF parts.
Old 01-05-2014 | 05:05 AM
dcains

Originally Posted by Cujucuyo
Hey guys, quick inquiry, basically I've decided on the real carbon fiber dash kit from Carid, however I noticed my interior will still need some work since the kit will not cover everything and while I would love to have my parts redone in RCF by Toni, however I am simply too far away so costs would be above my budget when you think about shipping back and forth...

I was planning on having it wrapped in 3M's 1080 Brushed Titanium Vinyl and then adding the CF kit as intended.

What do you guys think? Or would the vinyl provide a bad surface for the RCF kit to be adhered to?
Sounds horrible. Those stick-on dash kits have big gaps between the pieces, are thick, with rounded edges, and look just like what they are - cheap stickers.

https://my350z.com/forum/members/jci...0&ref=gnr-next

While I'm not a huge fan of vinyl wrapping, either, IMO that's a far better look, especially with some of the 3M CF-look vinyls, because they cover the entire surface and don't have any thickness or exposed edges.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...-interior.html

You might also consider just repainting the damaged pieces for an OEM look, which when done properly looks good and is more durable than OEM.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...by-guages.html

Finally, hydrodipping is another choice, if that's available locally to you, and there are many patterns to choose from.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...r-console.html
Old 01-05-2014 | 08:22 AM
Zfaith

Last edited by Zfaith; 01-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-05-2014 | 04:18 PM
Cujucuyo

Thanks for your input guys, well, I think I've given it too much thought, so I finally decided to send my entire center console to Tony from Carbon Fiber Element, hope this international shipping thing works out properly.
Old 01-06-2014 | 09:28 AM
05nsn350z6

In for results
Old 01-06-2014 | 10:13 AM
DrummerGirl

Great choice. You won't be dissapointed.