Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z widebody fender flares on a g35 coupe. SERIOUS help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Guitarrocker98

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 350z widebody fender flares on a g35 coupe. SERIOUS help please

Okay, I started asking this in the Aggressive fitment thread, but I decided to make my own thread on it. I am doing a widebody. Now, most likely I wont be doing a custom metal one. I like the look where the Bolts are showing. I prefer that to a 100% clean polished car. FOR NOW!!! If I want to later I can have them molded in. What I am asking is for advice. There really is only one option for us.

Getting Datsun flares and putting them on. Here is a thread where someone did that

http://g35driver.com/forums/picture-...-gon-hate.html

OR

I could do something that no one has done yet that I know of. Take 350Z widebody flares since you can buy just the fenders, then have them fabbed to fit. NO MATTER WHAT I WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND GET SOME WORK DONE. What sparked this was the new bodykits that were just released for the 350Z. Since we have the same basic car, the lines kinda fit. What I am referring to is getting something like these and have them work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2008-Nissan-350Z-Duraflex-Vader-3-Wide-Body-Front-Fender-Flares-2-Piece-/291057672445?hash=item43c463a0fd&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2008-Nissan-350Z-Duraflex-Vader-3-Wide-Body-Rear-Fender-Flares-2-Piece-/291057672514?hash=item43c463a142&vxp=mtr
Old 01-14-2014, 09:55 PM
1sickveilsidez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I hate seeing all these companies that make replica kits use old pics of my car that had an authentic Veilside. Oh well I guess.

If I were you I would probably go with the Datsun flares. Sooner or later you'll regret it like I did. If I could do it all over I would have never done it, but at the time that's what was in and there wasn't really any replica parts (at least that I would use).

It's your car though, do as you please.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Guitarrocker98

I may not use those exact flares. It's just no one makes new parts for the g anymore. I'm leaning to the datsun flares, but they just look to small. I don't want to buy 3 sets of flares to just cut one up to make it all fit right. Honestly the veilside kit is not my favorite. No offense. Heck you guys just got a new kit made not to long ago.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 PM
1sickveilsidez

There's plenty of nice tasteful kits available for the G in my opinion. You just have to piece one together. From experience, widebody even if it's just flares is a pain to take care of. Like I said earlier if I could do it over I would.

Most of the bumpers / kits available are fiberglass anyway so you can easily modify them to suit your needs.

You can always contact BAUS Auto (if they're still around) and have them modify a kit for you. I know they were pretty good about that in the past. They would add carbon accent pieces, shave or mold certain areas etc.

Also remember if you're going widebody or adding flares, you will need to have the correct offset wheels in order to pull it off. That's where the project gets expensive and if not done correctly the car will look terrible and all is lost. Wheels always make or break a build IMHO. Not to mention there is only really a handful of wheel companies that charge a pretty penny for custom widths, disc type and offset.

Again it is your car so do what makes you happy and build it for yourself not anyone else.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Guitarrocker98

I agree with you. I all ready have a custom kit. Chargespeed fiberglass bumper, and a Top Secret Poly Bumper. Custom single exhaust Rear chargespeed bumper. I have not properly intorduced myself, because the G forum was doing okay with knowledge and people there, but its begining to be filled with n00b's and kids who have no clue on anything adn want you to know everything for them. Unwilling to do a little searching themselves. Wheels do make a huge difference. I have Super concave Forgestars. 19x11 -10 fronts 19x12 -5 rears. 245 fronts 275 Rears. I will probably toss a 25-30 mm spacer in there once truely widened out. I plastidip my car because of the cost and upkeep of bodykits. Scratches, nicks. Plus I dont know what color I truely want to go. Anywho... Here is my build thread

http://g35driver.com/forums/media-sh...ss-thread.html
Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 PM
1sickveilsidez

Crazy, you ended up with hi-tech's old car. Small community, at one point or another I've helped out a lot of G owners. Well you have a good platform to work off of that's for sure.

Here's another example that I remember from a few years back:

http://motormavens.com/2009/04/cente...retty-in-pink/

I think going with that style flares is your best option. Or you could always save some money for a bit longer and get metal work done instead. Better to do it right the first time then to spend more down the road changing it up because you're not satisfied.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Guitarrocker98

Yea I have all of the cars with flares on my bookmarks. It is Hi techs old ride, with a lot of changes.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Guitarrocker98

P.S. I did find someone who did it...

http://www.ak1motorsports.com/g35-wide-body/