Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Aluminum Dash DONE and

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004 | 09:55 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default This piece has been a labor

and very few will be made. The price at $1,000.00 may seem high and arrogant but it is a very time consuming process. Lots of do-overs even when all is going right. It is not a process that allows economies of scale. The price may come down later but not by much at all. And not soon. This is the first of it's kind. And quite unique because of that fact. It will be assigned a number to reflect that also. These will be very low volume pieces and all will have production numbers assigned. This dash as you can see is for a manual trans, 2003 350Z. Forum members get the 10% discount as usual. If you want one which will fit your car you will have to call and order it.
It will not be very hot in the summer. The metal is very thin and will not hold enough thermal energy to burn you. There is not a whole lot of glare either, but there is some obviously. It is just a matter of what is objectionable to you.
peace
Old 02-07-2004 | 10:02 AM
silverstoneTT

Will you guys be doing any smaller pieces from aluminum, like the exterior door pillar piece or something to go over the strut bar in the pack in place of that plastic?
Old 02-07-2004 | 10:44 AM
Matrixcar

Default Dash

great work, looks awesome, I want one...have alreday PM you please answer for pricing....
Old 02-07-2004 | 11:09 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default This is a new process but we

can apply it to just about anything that sits still long enough. The B pillars are do-able, the rear strut tower too( but awfully expensive I should add) This is a core exchange program also. It is applied to the factory parts. It is a raw metal. Care should be taken as it will scratch. Though scratches can be removed with some0000steel wool. I found clearcoats change the look too much so we went without. Some Meguiar's metal polish offers pretty good protection. These units are built to order only. We have no intention of mass producing them in Mexico or China. We would lose too much control over the quality. It is hard enough to produce right under our noses, but at least it is here and we don't have to ship it to some far off land to be redone. Each one is made right here in Anaheim California. And each vehicle we do will have a small plaque designating the production number and it will be registered with us for future reference. It is really more art than product.

Additionally the 3 guages remain factory flat black. I am afraid those tedious little pieces done this way would drive the cost way too high. I suggest leaving them or we can paint them in your choice of colors. Check the 350Z page for pricing on that.

Last edited by pinnacleliquid; 02-07-2004 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2004 | 03:35 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

WOW! As always Rich, your products look nice but in person is where the real quailty for your work comes through! I'll bet those pictures do no justice of the finished product!!
Old 02-08-2004 | 09:41 AM
ColecatZ

Looks great, will hold out to see what the Nickel finish looks like.

might be interesting for a LeMans Owner.
Old 02-08-2004 | 10:16 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Pics installed please!
Old 02-08-2004 | 11:02 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default Copper is do-able

Originally posted by ColecatZ
Looks great, will hold out to see what the Nickel finish looks like.

might be interesting for a LeMans Owner.
instead of nickel. Instead of brushed we are going to do it in a hammered or more raw look. Don't forget it is real metal. Copper will require some upkeep or it will turn green. Really!
Old 02-08-2004 | 04:16 PM
LeMansZCa

would you consider selling just the door handle pices? how much? very interested!
Old 02-08-2004 | 04:16 PM
LeMansZCa

would you consider selling just the door handle pices? how much? very interested!
Old 02-09-2004 | 01:10 PM
Brad4rdHay

Well ladies and gentlemen, sorry to say, but the dash you see has been spoken for. Pinnacle and I have been talking for the past few months about this, and he was nice enought to let me have the first one (by let, I mean sell of course )

Will deffinately post pics once it's installed.
Old 02-09-2004 | 05:02 PM
phile

very, very nice