Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Boot + E-Brake Boot

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shift Boot + E-Brake Boot

Just received some new goodies for the Z. Ordered Nappa perforated leather with orange stitching shift boot + e-brake boot from RedLine Accessories. Also got 2 shoulder seatbelt pads. Total spent was ~$140.

The setup matches the OEM Touring leather, especially with it being perforated and orange stitching. What I noticed immediately after taking apart the OEM shift boot was how cheap the OEM boot felt. The new setup is much better quality leather like found in higher end cars.

Didn't post any install pics since the installs were fairly self explanatory and is already found on the vendor's website: http://www.redlinegoods.com/350Zinstall.php

It took 2 weeks to get shipped. Apparently the goods were manufactured in Europe (Poland). The install process was slightly difficult on the shift boot due to having to line up the dots prior to securing the ring to hold the boot into place.

Below are the pics of the items installed:

Old 06-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good! I'm having the same as well as possibly door handle done here soon, but I'm having a really rough time finding a good handbrake replacement and every DIY guide seems to be royally ****ed.

edit - I'm looking to get a momo or sparco ebrake installed same time as the boot, but the diy guides for those are rare and most pics broken. NRG has some decent looking handles but...it's nrg...
Old 06-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! I was looking at getting a new e-Brake handle too, but I think a lot of them are just a cover so I decided not to and stick w/ OEM. The leather boot was hard to install as the slot was tight. Took a bit of prying on the sides to get the leather boot in all the way.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Looks very good!
Old 06-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmm I think I wanna go with nappa leather too...looks nice
Old 06-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Deteria
Thanks! I was looking at getting a new e-Brake handle too, but I think a lot of them are just a cover so I decided not to and stick w/ OEM. The leather boot was hard to install as the slot was tight. Took a bit of prying on the sides to get the leather boot in all the way.
Yeah they're all covers, it's the same concept as a shift ****. The hardware doesn't change, just the driver's feel. Weight/comfort etc.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:21 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I didn't take any pics, but changing the handbrake handle is pretty simple. You split the original vinyl cover down the top with a sharp blade, and just peel it off. You're left with a cast aluminum lever, and most of the aftermarket handles (covers, really) are held in place by set screws. Here's the Isotta leather handle I installed on mine, but the 4 set screws are on the bottom, so they can't be seen:

The boot has elastic to fit the handle:

A lot of the aftermarket handles, i.e. Momo, are too large and flashy, and I wanted one that looks OEM, only better quality. But, the shift **** is a Momo, on the Nismo adjustable short shifter.

The suede boots for both came from an eBay vendor in the UK called "the-tuning-shop-team", and they'll custom-make anything you like. These were ~$30 shipped (for both) and arrived from the UK to Florida in about 10 days.