Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me tell you about my junk LED's.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:28 PM
japdip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me tell you about my junk LED's.....

So I wanted to replaced the bulbs in my 350z shortly after I picked up the car last year for all the reasons, like long (if not the cars) life expectancy, no filaments to break, the bright output and the look of instant on/off.
I looked around and saw a vendor, Diode Dynamics active on the site so i figured they must be a good source.
Right away I had a couple of bulbs burn out, but they were quick to replace them. Then I had another, quick to replace, but I started to question the quality. I had bulbs go dim, Bulb pins fall out of the socket, bulbs that blink, even bulbs that melted. I sent them several for them to do a quality review, but never heard back.
So the other night I'm driving home and and low and behold, I had a sheriff behind me pulling me over. Not for speeding, but because I had a burned out tailight...... The look on my face after I got out to look at the rear of my car (against his wishes) said it all and he let me go- no ticket.
Another burnout junk LED sold by Diode Dynamics... I took the rear lens off and pulled the bulb, the pins just fell out. Just plain junk. Put in the original filament bulb until my new VLED's come in.
Do yourself a favor based on my experience, dont even bother with DD crap...

https://www.vleds.com
Old 11-25-2016, 08:42 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I've got LED's in several cars from an eBay seller "champs_club" ans some of them are 6+ years old. No issues with any of them. I've also purchased from superbrightleds.com, and had very good results.

On the flipside, my first purchase of any automotive LEDs was from oznium.com, and some barely lasted a week.

So, lots of variable quality out there, and some of it will be a learning experience.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:00 AM
Steelcyclone

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I replaced all my bulbs a couple years ago with LED's inside and out from Diode Dynamics and other than sometimes having to bend the pins a little before installing them or the front turn signal on 06+ model z's not fitting well, they're fantastic. None have burned out maybe a bad batch.

Last edited by Steelcyclone; 11-26-2016 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:22 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Part of the gamble of buying made in Taiwan and China stuff.

It will either last as planned or not work st all. Gatta pay to play first try lol
Old 11-26-2016, 01:37 PM
NiLL

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

superbrightleds.com
+1 reccomendation here.
Ive put them in 3 cars now, zero issues.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:10 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelcyclone
I replaced all my bulbs a couple years ago with LED's inside and out from Diode Dynamics and other than sometimes having to bend the pins a little before installing them or the front turn signal on 06+ model z's not fitting well, they're fantastic. None have burned out maybe a bad batch.
I second that. I think I maybe replaced 2 bulbs on the 4 cars I used their bulbs for and they were both warranteed.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

I buy LED's off Amazon. Had a couple fail, but they're dirt cheap so I don't care.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:31 AM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

I started after buying the ones in autozone for like $8 each cause it be color is perfect match to OEM HIDs and big name brand

I usually buy off online but they are always so damn blue