Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kick Plate Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
BrookZee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Kick Plate Help

Hey everyone I need some help. I have a 2003 350z track trim with the aluminum kick plates / door sills. The aluminum plates were falling off when I bought the car so I am looking to replace them. I have attempted to purchase the part from a few suppliers only to find out the part has been discontinued. The part number is 999M1-ZP003. Anyone know where I can get them? Any aftermarket alternatives? I need the plates for both driver and passenger side. Any advice is appreciated! I know its just a panel but it is driving me nuts

Edit: The aluminum kick plates are no longer in stock; many websites have them posted for sale, but after emailing numerous websites, I have found that they are no longer supplied. I was able to get a used set from a member on this forum. If anyone else is looking for the aluminum kick plates, used is your best option. Alternatively, some after market companies make some similar kick plates you can buy or you can also get the oem black kick plates. Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited by BrookZee; 05-01-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I always preferred the black ones. If you buy me a new set of those, you can have my aluminum ones, which are in great shape ('08). I can post pics, if you're interested.

EDIT: A buddy of mine has a nice set of used black ones I can have for $70. If you want to send me that, plus the shipping for my aluminum ones, you're welcome to them. Send me a PM.

Last edited by dcains; 04-20-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM
BrookZee

Originally Posted by dcains
I always preferred the black ones. If you buy me a new set of those, you can have my aluminum ones, which are in great shape ('08). I can post pics, if you're interested.

EDIT: A buddy of mine has a nice set of used black ones I can have for $70. If you want to send me that, plus the shipping for my aluminum ones, you're welcome to them. Send me a PM.
Will the black ones directly replace the aluminum ones? If so where might I be able to purchase those? I think id be happy with black, I just want something there.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:32 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Gotta be honest... had no clue what the h*** "kick plates" were.

Add 20whp by putting on NISMO "kick plates"!!

https://www.nissanautosports.com/nis...120&origin=pla

Jeebus, even my Nismo Zs never had these silly things...
Old 04-21-2017, 08:37 PM
BrookZee

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Gotta be honest... had no clue what the h*** "kick plates" were.

Add 20whp by putting on NISMO "kick plates"!!

https://www.nissanautosports.com/nis...120&origin=pla

Jeebus, even my Nismo Zs never had these silly things...
Saw those but 200 dollars is a lot for a part that doesn't enhance your Z. Saw somewhere else ones that light up would love to see a dino with those badboys. I didnt know what "kick plates" were either but i may have accidentally stumbled upon the ultimate upgrade. Tell your friends! So what kick plates came standard on the nismo then?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:18 PM
dcains

Originally Posted by BrookZee
Will the black ones directly replace the aluminum ones? If so where might I be able to purchase those? I think id be happy with black, I just want something there.
The black ones are totally interchangeable with the aluminum ones. Just depends on which you prefer. It seems that Nissan installed either, somewhat randomly, at least on the later cars. I've seen '07/'08 Enthusiast and Touring with the black, but my car is a Base and it came with the silver. On the older cars, one of the distinguishing features of the Track version was the aluminum kick plates. The Nismo seemed to all have the aluminum.

The black ones are available from Nissan for $110 + shipping:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/accesso...kt?parent=1183

As I said, if you want my aluminum ones, figure ~$85 shipped, and they're in near-mint condition. I'd be happy to send you some pics. I just prefer the black, but not enough to pay the $110 + shipping.
The following users liked this post:
BrookZee (04-22-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:22 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Ebay is not a bad place to pick up something like that
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 PM
dcains

Or, here, in the "Interior WTB" thread.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:03 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Saw those but 200 dollars is a lot for a part that doesn't enhance your Z. Saw somewhere else ones that light up would love to see a dino with those badboys. I didnt know what "kick plates" were either but i may have accidentally stumbled upon the ultimate upgrade. Tell your friends! So what kick plates came standard on the nismo then?
Damm good question.... I forget. Searched through my pic archive and came up with ONE pic that showed it, and I can't even read it! Hahahahaha!

Know it wasn't one of the aftermarket ones though with the "NISMO" in 2" high letters!

And with about a thousand pics of my Z34, not ONE showed it...

Shows how much I paid attention to it other than when cleaning the sills. Laff....
Old 04-22-2017, 11:47 AM
BrookZee

Originally Posted by dcains
The black ones are totally interchangeable with the aluminum ones. Just depends on which you prefer. It seems that Nissan installed either, somewhat randomly, at least on the later cars. I've seen '07/'08 Enthusiast and Touring with the black, but my car is a Base and it came with the silver. On the older cars, one of the distinguishing features of the Track version was the aluminum kick plates. The Nismo seemed to all have the aluminum.

The black ones are available from Nissan for $110 + shipping:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/accesso...kt?parent=1183

As I said, if you want my aluminum ones, figure ~$85 shipped, and they're in near-mint condition. I'd be happy to send you some pics. I just prefer the black, but not enough to pay the $110 + shipping.
Thanks for the info. I emailed one last company to see if they can get me them but if not id be interested in purchasing yours. Pics would be appreciated
Old 04-22-2017, 11:56 AM
BrookZee

Damm good question.... I forget. Searched through my pic archive and came up with ONE pic that showed it, and I can't even read it! Hahahahaha!

Know it wasn't one of the aftermarket ones though with the "NISMO" in 2" high letters!

Shows how much I paid attention to it other than when cleaning the sills. Laff....
Beautiful car! as far as I can tell they appear to be the same as my raggedy aluminum ones. Maybe someone else with a nismo will chime in.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:52 PM
dcains

Sending pics via PM - no need to waste forum bandwidth.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Hey everyone I need some help. I have a 2003 350z track trim with the aluminum kick plates / door sills. The aluminum plates were falling off when I bought the car so I am looking to replace them. I have attempted to purchase the part from a few suppliers only to find out the part has been discontinued. The part number is 999M1-ZP003. Anyone know where I can get them? Any aftermarket alternatives? I need the plates for both driver and passenger side. Any advice is appreciated! I know its just a panel but it is driving me nuts
- Check Slidegood.com

- Also, call around to your local salvage yards.

Last edited by Atreyu'z 350; 04-22-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Atreyu'z 350

lol I don't know what it is, but the 370Z reminds me of a pisse* off koi.......I think it's the "barbels". Yeah, that's it.

-I'd still take one though.

Last edited by Atreyu'z 350; 04-22-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350
lol I don't know what it is, but the 370Z reminds me of a pisse* off koi.......I think it's the "barbels". Yeah, that's it.

-I'd still take one though.
Hahahaha! And now that explains to the world why I've made references to my 34 as "the carp car".

But as always, gotta defend it, even to the majority Z33 crowd here.... my Z34N is a much more capable car than either of my 33s - except maybe in the looks department - owing to its much stiffer, lighter construction and better/higher P:W ratio.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Hahahaha! And now that explains to the world why I've made references to my 34 as "the carp car".

But as always, gotta defend it, even to the majority Z33 crowd here.... my Z34N is a much more capable car than either of my 33s - except maybe in the looks department - owing to its much stiffer, lighter construction and better/higher P:W ratio.
Lol Yes it does! And I'll defend it by saying that it's not a ''bottom feeder''!

..Coming from a person that's never been in one!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:49 AM
dcains

Mods - feel free to close this thread. I just got my black kick panels for my '08, and the aluminum ones are on the way to Ryan for his '03.