Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights are not spreading light (dangerous at night)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 AM
myrddin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok buddy, I think I’m in the right direction now... I pulled them both and bent the one bar back and replace the one screw... I think they were both in upside down. Wish I had better light in my garage, but that is what I think. The end result is quite a bit better... I think I may even be able to see the next time I’m out... now I’ll try to adjust them again once I can get some more time to mess with them. I did learn something negative. I can tell the passenger front corner was hit or it hit something. The hood to fender is off and while I was in I found some loose bolts that made it worse. I will see if I can use some spacers to tweak it out... or my OCD may push me to pull it all apart in the spring to see what needs to be swapped out. But that’s another project for a warmer day...

thanks for for helping me out! Hopefully I post something helpful to you some day!

Mill get some 15-20 foot shots in a bit to be 100% sure

Last edited by myrddin; 11-01-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,061 Likes on 749 Posts

Absolutely! I'm glad you got it figured out. The last pic with the light output is MUCH better than before and looks like it should. Also, thank YOU for posting pics and reporting back in case any other forum members have similar issues and stumble upon this thread.

It doesn't look like you should need to do a whole lot of adjustment. Possibly raise the driver's side or lower the passenger side a touch. Here's the relevant portion from the FSM for aiming in case you need it.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM
myrddin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks buddy! more pics to follow when I get time to check the adjustment...
Old 05-22-2022, 06:09 AM
Odenkurtiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One reason is clouding of the optical element. This situation can be caused by the installation of lamps of the wrong power, the absence of covers on the headlights, or constant fogging and drying. The solution is to replace the headlights. Since manufacturers, as a rule, do not sell optical elements themselves separately, and even if you find optics, then installing it in such a way as to preserve the factory light geometry is not easy. You can try looking at
car lighting car lighting
here. When I was looking for lighting for my car, I bought everything here, and I didn’t even need to adjust anything, there was good lighting by default.

Last edited by Odenkurtiak; 05-27-2022 at 01:16 AM.