Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I messed up my HID's HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Fairlady_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I messed up my HID's HELP!!!!!!!!

Hi yesterday I was installing my new long beams I did one then went to the other side and did it. But then me being an idiot I tell myself " let me take out the HID bulb to see how it is" I unhook booth wires that hold it together. Then I pull the light back to take it out but it wouldnt so im like " let me put it back in before i mess something up" so i did but then at night when I turn the lights on the side that i touched is messed up. What i mean is that the light for some reasong i guess it didnt go in straight so its a little to a side so the HID lights up less you see the good side bright but the other side is not as bright. Also in the ground the bad light shows stripes of lights instead of the light been spread evenly throughout the ground like the good one. Is this easy to fix or is it going to be a pain in the a**. My plan is to take out both tires and look at the good side to compare and try to fix. If anyone knows a better or easier way please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Jergens

Hmmm dunno exactly what you are talking about but have you tried to adjust the headlight? You need a long screw driver (12 in should do) and you turn a crank that changes the angle your headlight is aimed. I'll see if I can find you a link for what I am talking about.

~Josh
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Fairlady_z33

I think my headlight angle is ok but when i took out the bulb and went to put it back in i dont think i put it straight back in i dthink is off to the side a little bit the light is reflecting wrong i see four stripes of light instead of seeing the light been spread evenly throughout the floor
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Jergens

You may have put it in "Upside down" ... I wish I could explain this better.. but there is a ceramic (?) strip on one side of the bulb. I believe it is supposed to face up when you plug it in. Check and see if you have the deflective strip pointing down. That could cast shadows in your light beam. Give it a try that'd be my guess. Also test it before ya put your wheel back on and don't monkey with the light that is aokay.

~Josh
Old 09-26-2005, 04:16 PM
konspec

lets me know how this works. I have the same problem after taking mine out. The rediculous contraption that holds the bulbs in needs to be soaking in acitone and lit on fire!