Sponsored by:

How To: Front End Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 PM
fiddy_sent

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default How To: Front End Removal

Hey Guys,

Its been a bit but i'm bakc to work on the Z and I made a video detailing how to remove the front of the 350z for an engine swap or any other repair that requires the whole front end to be removed. If you have any questions let me know!

The following users liked this post:
RobPhoboS (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 01:22 AM
RobPhoboS

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Just about to watch it.
It's one of those vids I wish I had seen just before I did my timing chain/cams, I took the core off with the radiators attached to it after having the AC evacuated.
I definitely advise anyone doing this to get a proper pair of angled clamp pliers, they lock so you don't have to strain yourself trying to wriggle the clamps away !
Also as another tip, boil up water and use a syringe to squirt it on various hoses to make them softer and easier to remove.
(apologies if you've said all of that already)
Old 02-07-2019, 07:54 AM
fiddy_sent

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RobPhoboS
Just about to watch it.
It's one of those vids I wish I had seen just before I did my timing chain/cams, I took the core off with the radiators attached to it after having the AC evacuated.
I definitely advise anyone doing this to get a proper pair of angled clamp pliers, they lock so you don't have to strain yourself trying to wriggle the clamps away !
Also as another tip, boil up water and use a syringe to squirt it on various hoses to make them softer and easier to remove.
(apologies if you've said all of that already)
Yeah those pliers would definitely be a bit easier. I use the little plastic release tools and they're a bit of a pain sometimes. Good tip on the hoses! Never thought to do that I usually just twist it with pliers to break them free and then hulk them off lol