Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Open and Hatch Light Blinks at times?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 04:38 PM
thehelp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Open and Hatch Light Blinks at times?

Hello, I just bought this 350z and one of the problems was that the struts do not work. I dont know if the struts help keep the hatch closed or not, but my hatch light keeps blinking sometimes and my door open light will blink as well. I dont hear the hatch rattle so i am wondering what I need to do now. Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2019, 10:17 AM
thehelp

well that was a good talk.....
Old 04-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

The struts, in addition to providing assistance in a vertical lift motion, help stabilize lateral sliding of your hatch. If your struts are not lifting the tailgate, you need replacements. I would purchase better than OEM. look for struts designed to lift a hatch that has an aftermarket spoiler.

If the hatch and/or door-open warning lights are illuminating, it could be a problem with the hatch assembly/latch.

Your first effort should be replacing the struts. Replace these with aftermarket struts designed to support a large spoiler. If you still see your warning light, check the latch and the hatch-assembly.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:05 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

Originally Posted by thehelp
well that was a good talk.....

Patience sir noob
Old 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM
thehelp

Originally Posted by Spike100
The struts, in addition to providing assistance in a vertical lift motion, help stabilize lateral sliding of your hatch. If your struts are not lifting the tailgate, you need replacements. I would purchase better than OEM. look for struts designed to lift a hatch that has an aftermarket spoiler.

If the hatch and/or door-open warning lights are illuminating, it could be a problem with the hatch assembly/latch.

Your first effort should be replacing the struts. Replace these with aftermarket struts designed to support a large spoiler. If you still see your warning light, check the latch and the hatch-assembly.

Hope this is helpful.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have ordered the struts and they are coming on friday. I will let you guys know if that struts do the job.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:47 AM
thehelp

Well I have installed the new struts but the light still will come on when I hit bumps or when I dont shift smoothly. So I guess I gotta replace the latch/hatch assembly? What do those black rubber boots do that are next to the struts? I am missing one side. Is that what tells the car that the hatch is open or closed, or is that part of the assembly? Thank you!
Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by thehelp
Well I have installed the new struts but the light still will come on when I hit bumps or when I dont shift smoothly. So I guess I gotta replace the latch/hatch assembly? What do those black rubber boots do that are next to the struts? I am missing one side. Is that what tells the car that the hatch is open or closed, or is that part of the assembly? Thank you!
That information would have been extremely helpful at the thread-start. Those "black rubber boots" help "pop" the hatch, and are necessary to keep the hatch stable. If they are missing, your hatch will be unstable, and it probably will rattle.