Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Is this what I need to install LEDs PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004 | 04:11 PM
silverstoneTT

Default Is this what I need to install LEDs PLEASE HELP

Got my new Z4 Sidemarkers. I think others told me I would need the following things so I went to radioshack to get them.

Here are pics of what I bought:
http://community.webshots.com/album/122855327kGnJDN

I have read this thread which has the most info of ones Ive seen on how to install. I would need more info though
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....540#post326540

I dont understand how the tap ins work or where to connect the ground wire from the z4 and how the small red wire taps into the parking/turn signal light.

I really want to do this myself and I appreciate any information you guys can offer me here
Old 03-03-2004 | 04:16 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

you need more wire to extend the wires that are there. you need to extend them all the way to the headlight area(if evo has another place they tap into I donno)

but you extend the wires(be it by a twist joint, or you can use those taps.

to use the taps, you take the 2 wires your connecting, place each in one of the tunnels, fold the wing over and use a plier to clamp it down.
Old 03-03-2004 | 04:40 PM
silverstoneTT

you need more wire to extend the wires that are there. you need to extend them all the way to the headlight area(if evo has another place they tap into I donno)
Is the wire I bought the type I need?

I was just planning on twisting the Z4 wire to the wire i bought and then wrapping the area where I put them together in electrical tape.

That works right?

Am I supposed to put the parking light wire all the way through the clamp and put the two evo wires together halfway through so that when its clamped together all are touching the metal piece?

Can the power and ground wire be connected together like this or would I need to put two different clamps for each cable?
Old 03-03-2004 | 04:57 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

has to be 2 different clamps, those only join 2 wires, a way to splice halfway through a wire. all the wires together would be a direct short.

you put the parking light wire all the way through(slides in from the open side) and the other through it enough that it gets a nice bite. Id get it flush with the other end of the clamp. then Id put electrical tape all around that too.

you can twist them together, thats fine, be sure to tape it up good.
Old 03-03-2004 | 05:09 PM
silverstoneTT

Okay I think I understand now. Im a little slow with this stuff. Hell, pretty soon Ill be soldering stuff now that I got the hang of these $2.00 clamps. Better be careful ares, I may put you and Evo-R out of business